Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths (76218 Views)

14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / Coronavirus: Confirmed Cases In Nigeria Is 30, 3 New Cases In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by shogsman(m): 7:59am On Mar 28, 2020
As much as I hate trump this is not his fault, the USA has tested far more people than China and Italy that is why they have this much number,if Nigeria tests that much people our number can beat all of them combined in weeks
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by moscow0147(m): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2020
naijapips02:
That is because they are testing more people than any other nation on earth.

You will be surprised the numbers that would turn up of Nigeria starts testing more persons.

Testing what lol. Brother speak with people in the united states and you will really know what’s going on. Not media propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by psalmistkakah(m): 8:13am On Mar 28, 2020
WriterNig:

Wrong ❌ ❌
Right I saw it on BBC this morning over 100000 cases
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by ursullalinda(f): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2020
ogbonti:

Americans are stubborn people by nature and this is not the time to be stubborn - some people are just weird here and they will do things u cant imagine a sane person should do - that is why

Na waoh......May God see them through.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Dnonso22: 8:17am On Mar 28, 2020
It’s a good thing that they’re doing mass testing of the virus to know the actual carriers... Look at their mortality rate is still very low compare to other countries.. Won’t it be nice if we do same mass testing here to know the actual people and commence treatment as soon as we can...

America is still world power regardless!! Full of brains
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Dottore: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2020
WriterNig:

Wrong ❌ ❌
What are you saying. They have over 104,000 cases presently.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Dottore: 8:25am On Mar 28, 2020
Juchii:
Keep it updated, USA is over 100k now

Some people self, defending the USA with whatever it takes

USA tested 450,000 people out of over 330M people and you are saying this.
OK
Let do the calculations, 450000/100000=>5
That means one in every five USA citizens has the the virus.

Just admit it, trump made a mistake by trying to play down the crises because of November elections.
Some fools won't see this
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by somehow: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2020
xeju:

mumu

Typical
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by chinos20(m): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2020
Humanoid01:
USA currently has 100k plus confirmed cases.

Each time I refresh the page, their numbers keep increasing with a large chunk. Is it that these numbers are prerecorded?
It's because they can keep the accurate record of the infected ones.do you think Nigeria only have those confirmed cases?
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by succri(m): 9:26am On Mar 28, 2020
The italian warned Trump about this ...
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by succri(m): 9:26am On Mar 28, 2020
The italian warned Trump about this just a week ago
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by wink2015(m): 9:29am On Mar 28, 2020
The United States on Thursday overtook China and Italy in confirmed coronavirus cases with over 82,000 in all, a grim milestone reported by Johns Hopkins University researchers.

As the U.S. surged up to 82,404 confirmed COVID-19 cases Thursday, it took the number-one spot from China, which has 81,782 cases, followed by Italy with 80,589 cases. The U.S. now has accounted for about 14.9 percent of cases worldwide.

It came as many states have mobilized widespread testing for the virus. Around 519,338 coronavirus tests have been administered in the U.S.

However, some analysts have advised against giving China's reported statistics much weight. Chinese leader Xi Jinping touted a dip in new coronavirus cases, but foreign affairs analyst Gordon Chang told Fox News, "For China, the truth has always been a casualty."

The U.S. still remained number-six in the world for most deaths with 1,093, behind Italy, Spain, China, Iran and France respectively.

New York state has accounted for nearly half of the country's cases with 37,258. The state has faced 385 coronavirus-related deaths, up 100 deaths in the last 24 hours.

Globally, 526,044 cases have been confirmed, with 23,067 deaths.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-overtakes-china-italy-in-total-confirmed-coronavirus-cases-researchers-say

BUT WHERE IS RUSSIA IN THE WAKE OF THIS CORONAVIRUS PROBLEM NOW HITTING HARD ON THE AMERICANS and other countries?

They seems not to be feeling the problems seriously.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by NdukingChina(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2020
God will give us Victory over you
Covid-19

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Enoch07: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

What is funny?
na u get my laugh?
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by dallyemmy: 9:50am On Mar 28, 2020
May God have mercy!
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by grandlexuz(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Even trying to make witty jokes and wordplay about this eludes me. Too much pain being suffered all around the world. Even scientists this time will call for prayers.

Now vaccines can't be made as conventionally as they used to: inject victims with weaker or dead strains of the viruses in order to trigger body response to the "real" virus.

People also need to slow down on self-med; and irregular use of antibiotics should stop. These organisms are getting stronger and more resistant which is making them harder to treat.

The corona is a virus and has nothing to do with antibiotics. Vaccines dont take a day to produce. Some took as much as 25 years. We are thankful to live in an era where in just months a vaccine for sars cov 2 is undergoing human trials. Syphyllis, small pox, measles all killed millions of people before effective antibiotics and vaccines could be conceived.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by lagdmark(m): 10:04am On Mar 28, 2020
shogsman:
As much as I hate trump this is not his fault, the USA has tested far more people than China and Italy that is why they have this much number,if Nigeria tests that much people our number can beat all of them combined in weeks
The way you reason is poor. So other countries around the world are not testing very well.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by sureteeboy(m): 10:06am On Mar 28, 2020
januzaj:
That's because they have tested more people than other countries.
People are talking without taking this fact into consideration. Let other countries test as many people as USA and let's compare the number of confirmed cases.
Most confirmed cases but number-six in the world for most deaths behind Italy,Iran and Spain with lesser confirmed cases. This should tell you something.
Exactly. If they had only tested 260 cases like Nigeria as at the 25th, how will they record this large numbers?
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by internationalman(m): 10:25am On Mar 28, 2020
Isoduwa:

But you nor look like person Wey he mother dey Yankee sorry na my opinion maybe other people go don tell you aswell

Have you seen me in person before. .

Don't judge people by the gibberish they type here. Some people are completely different persons off internet.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by internationalman(m): 10:27am On Mar 28, 2020
youngest85:

Wetin she find go there?

What else if not greener pastures..

She's a citizen there and has been there over 20 years now
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by shogsman(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2020
lagdmark:

The way you reason is poor. So other countries around the world are not testing very well.
Your ignorance is embarrassing, the USA has done millions of tests that is more than China,Italy, Spain combined. Don't just open your mouth and talk anyhow, read up.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by ivolt: 10:37am On Mar 28, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

Keep your bias opinion in one side and compare the figures from USA to some countries own.
I know your type, you're trying to bring your hate for trump into play here. It's glaring fron your reply.
Learn to be transparent when responding to other's posts or comments(replies).
Bias?
Do you know what that means?
In every sane country, the government health institutions are the ones authorized to report Covid -19 figures.
The CDC was previously keeping count until Trump got mad at them. This is no secret for informed people.

Now, no news media bothers with the CDC report again, they are now relying on private organizations and
individual state figures.
What as sad state for the US.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by charlsecy(m): 10:45am On Mar 28, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
but this virus seems to be spreading fast in the west than any other part of the world..
Not so fast. It's because they have the capacity to test more people.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Righteousness89(m): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2020
shogsman:

To think 530 people liked your post sums up why you people are still firmly backward

My DADDY in Heaven, My LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, pls Save me this My Brother ..
Have Mercy on HIM. He does not know himself nor what he does or Says..

LORD JESUS, Whatever that Should be Done to Rescue this Soul, Do it LORD in JESUS NAME..

ANEN
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Isoduwa(m): 11:09am On Mar 28, 2020
internationalman:

Have you seen me in person before. .

Don't judge people by the gibberish they type here. Some people are completely different persons off internet.

Sorry ooh i be wan help you talk to your mother make she come help you because there is hunger strike around you
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by jham01: 11:26am On Mar 28, 2020
januzaj:
That's because they have tested more people than other countries.
People are talking without taking this fact into consideration. Let other countries test as many people as USA and let's compare the number of confirmed cases.
Most confirmed cases but number-six in the world for most deaths behind Italy,Iran and Spain with lesser confirmed cases. This should tell you something.
Jst because u see thm as almighty, China produces most medical facilities to the world and US is among the most beneficiaries of China's products. All these countries are as gud as US in terms of testing citizens and the number is exponentially going up because US mishandled the case more thn Nigeria. Initially, Trump didn't believe it untill when the number started showing. Moreover, many citizens in New York refused to take stay at home order by claiming human right and came out in numbers jst like the d illiterate Africans and that's the beginning of their numbers. Forget all delusions on ur head and face reality because such disease can overwhelm power and ego. Follow US news and learn more.
Senegal test kits is among the best in the world, it's among the best because of the time/test ratio capacity of the kits.

When Nigeria had Ebola and Lassa epidemics the superpowers didn't offer the needed support wanted to see how we could came out of it and we succeeded. Nigeria supported and still supporting many African nations in Ebola case. We always come out of difficult moments victorious and I'm upbeat we'll do the same in COVID-19 case by God's will. Nigeria will shame all those cowards, unpatriotic with mental inferiority.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by jham01: 11:37am On Mar 28, 2020
When US is mentioned in Nairaland it mek me sick because I see lots of people with mental inferiority, people who see US greater thn the God they worship. Now it's time for God to show and prove to u how mighty he's mightier than science and Technology, mightier than the so called superpower. God has now test the world with disease that its vaccines never being produced.
See mental inferiority, when someone is here underestimating the capacity of other developed and developing nations. Now, the flaws of US is exposed as many US citizens are running to Cuba for medical help, Trump is lobbying China for support. Every power and knowledge has limitation except almighty God's power and knowledge!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by musicwriter(m): 11:44am On Mar 28, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
but this virus seems to be spreading fast in the west than any other part of the world..

That shouldn't surprise you. Whats going on is not a natural epidemic but a new type of warfare between China and the West, after failure of Trump's trade wars to achieve desired result. This's plan B but the hunter is now being hunted.

Chinese people aren't stupid and I so much love them for standing on their two feet.

The cause of this whole situation is that at the beginning of this century, economists have predicted that Chinese economy would surpass US in the year 2020 and that China would officially become the new world power by the end of this year. Whats going on is a supremacy battle gone wrong.

And for those of you simpletons who'll come here to exclaim ''conspiracy theory'' go check my previous posts on corona virus. I did predict that this disease will spread to the West in retaliation. I said this some weeks back when China was still the epicentre.

Its a pity we have no idea whatsoever about whats going on in this world.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by KelvinCoaster(m): 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

mark my word Nigeria will take over down the line
God forbid!
Your hatred for your country is what will always make you see nothing positive in your country!
NCDC is doing greatly to curb the spread of this pathogen.
They need our collective suport not bad wishes.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by shogz89: 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
linearity:

more like....the west seem to be testing more people than any other part of the world.

US alone have tested more than 500,000 people with about 105,000 confirmed positive; which is about 21% positive test rate. Nigeria have tested about 170 people with 70 confirmed positive, which is about 41%.
where is your source for saying Nigeria has only tested 170 people. The state governors and senate and their aids alone is more than 170..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by DanjaNinja(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:
They are always first in everything.

Actually not true. The us healthcare system is not as great as you think it is. They have the doctors, hospital and technology but the cost of healthcare in the us is the most expensive in the world. I’ve been living here for more than 5years and I can tell u that the average american is afraid of seeing a doctor because of the cost. This corona virus only shows how ineffective the american system is.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by DanjaNinja(m): 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
ursullalinda:
Wonder what US is not doing right?.....their own is getting out of hand and alarming.......God please heal the world.

A number of reasons:

1. Healthcare is prohibitively expensive in America. People would rather stay home than go see a doctor in America. It’s hard to believe but this has been my experience here.

2. Donald Trump and the Republican Party has done everything possible to undermine the american health care system. They have tried to make it more expensive as well as cut healthcare spending. Obamacare wasn’t the best but it was way better than anything America previously had.
Obamacare led to giving 40million America’s who have never had any health insurance access to affordable, effective healthcare. However, Trump and the republicans are currently actively trying to abolish Obamacare. If you doubt me, google it.

3. Donald Trump and the republicans are focused on the Stock Market and not healthcare.
Donald Trump does not care about the average american. He only cares about reflection and the stock market. That’s the reason he called the virus a hoax. Trump had ample time - he was notified in December but downplayed the severity till March. That cost the us ample time to prepare. Now America is just playing catch up.

4. Trump made it difficult to perform testing so as to reduce the number of infections in America. WHO had a functional test in January but Trump and his team refused to use the test and instead opted to develop an test from scratch. That test not only failed but proved wildly ineffective. The us just commenced using the WHO test. I think this heavily cost the us in terms of testing speed.

5. Due to the aforementioned reasons, It is still impossible to get tested here in the us. My friend in Connecticut had symptoms but could not get tested. She is doing okay now.

6. The president has consistently refused to use the power of the presidency to compel companies to make ventilators and medical supplies. As we speak doctors in America are running dangerously low in medical supplies. If u doubt me, google am.

And lastly, Of the $2Trillion stimulus plan, less than $500million goes to corona virus. The rest is meant for corporate bailout. The country needs more than a trillion to directly deal with the virus.

Disaster can happen to any leader but when u combine incompetence (Trump) with a system that prioritizes cost over human lives, epic failure is bound to happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Raymond Dokpesi Tests Positive For Coronavirus / These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ / Man Vomits Stray Bullet Lodged In His Skull For Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.