Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 (62005 Views)

COVID-19: 2 More Deaths And 20 New Cases, Total Now 210 (NCDC) / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by egorov(m): 6:58am On Mar 28, 2020
Samietbig:
I keep wondering, they said the cure to the virus has not been found, yet infected people are been treated and they are recovering. With what are they treating these people?

You don't treat virus, u can only treat symtomatically, that's exactly what they are doing.

They keep treating the symptoms until the immune system pushes the virus out

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:
99.697% of people in Aba and Onitsha don't even know what's going on.

They don't even know what's Covid-19 is all about.
you are right, i just returned from Onitsha last week, honestly they were all making joke out of it. Me that just traveled there from Ibadan was like aah aah, these people don't really know what is going on. Business was as usual. Is now that Obiano's team started monitoring the people coming in from river Niger bridge that the residents of Anambra may start feeling there's fire on the mountain.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by BigboysZ(m): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2020
justus7:
There is problem in this country...

The truth is that people with corona virus in this country are many...

Most of these cases are people that just came back from abroad,this is as a result of incompetent leaders we have in this country...

Stay at home.
Stay safe..
God no go shame us...
If they can administer test to majority of people, you will be amazed at total number of people with this virus. One might have without showing symptoms yet. So you can imagine!!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by ThierryJay: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Do you Know that the more confirmed cases they claim the more money they get,do u know that monies released for emergencies are hardly accounted for,do u know that asides government money released there is still a lot from private sector and multi Nationals.

Guy this nah big opportunity for those guys to hammer. Both federal and state lipsrsealed

You better do away with your pseudo-intelligent conspiracy theories, cos you are sounding profoundly ignorant. You still think a disease that has killed over 25,000 people globally is a scam (confirmed from videos and persons affected)??

What in your mind makes you think that Nigeria immune to COVID when it's ravaging several hundreds of countries?? If we are not immune, then it's logical that there will be cases in Nigeria. How you think the existence of COVID cases in Nigeria is not justifiable is turning logic upside down.

You think its business as usual? So if the Gov't wants to use COVID to siphon money, it will now be its top echelon i.e Abba Kyari, Governors and possibly the President himself that will be the guinea pigs Really So the executives have to put their life on the line to satisfy the financial greed of some subordinates

Overthinking can dull the brain o.. confirm

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2020
prinx55555:

Your stupidity is legendary.
He is right, I just returned from Onitsha last week, honestly they were all making joke out of it. Me that just traveled there from Ibadan was like aah aah, these people don't really know what is going on. Business was as usual. Is now that Obiano's team started monitoring the people coming in from river Niger bridge that the residents of Anambra may start feeling there's fire on the mountain.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by minicky: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:
99.697% of people in Aba and Onitsha don't even know what's going on.

They don't even know what's Covid-19 is all about.
swears am in umuahia no lockdown just normal activities although schools have shut down..markets are fully opened
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Mizwisdom(f): 7:02am On Mar 28, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Do you Know that the more confirmed cases they claim the more money they get,do u know that monies released for emergencies are hardly accounted for,do u know that asides government money released there is still a lot from private sector and multi Nationals.

Guy this nah big opportunity for those guys to hammer. Both federal and state lipsrsealed

No wonder they are no longer giving travel history of new confirmed cases and this started as we began to hear about billions being given, you will see how every state will lobby to have fake new infected cases. Scammers! all for the money
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by chozzy: 7:04am On Mar 28, 2020
nickvanilla:
Something smells fishy here.

Why is it that these figures are now released in the evening or at night?

Is it that these people hold meeting to determine the number of new cases to be disclosed?

They should better be honest. This level of deceit is not going to help anybody

In the last broadcast, the NCDC did say that all results will now be released at anytime
they are ready, just anytime - morning, afternoon, night or midnight

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Livingstone124: 7:05am On Mar 28, 2020
CDC figures above are grossly understated. As for me call it 'PANIC CONTROL FIGURES'.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Alwaysachick: 7:06am On Mar 28, 2020
prinx55555:

Your stupidity is legendary.

What he said isnt far from the truth
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Chidex50(m): 7:06am On Mar 28, 2020
dprpikin:

Your level of ignorance and stupidity is zeroing in on 100%... Continue.
Bro he's absolutely correct! I returned from the East on Tuesday,everyone there doubts the existence of this stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by ThierryJay: 7:07am On Mar 28, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Why are they not giving us the case history of the new ones they claim to have. Everything about this matter for naija nah either scam or overzealousness of the officials or deliberately creating panic.

As the number of cases increase exponentially, it becomes more difficult to present a comprehensive case history like they previously did with a lower number of cases. In countries like Egypt, South Africa and others that have several hundreds or thousands of cases, they don't publicize the case histories anymore.

But the history will still have been documented in the WHO report for the individual patients.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by ngoxievergreen(f): 7:08am On Mar 28, 2020
You mean you just visited New York Onitsha from this same Ibadan that is filled with mud houses and brown rustic roofs. The same Ibadan filled with illiterates and ignorant people that don't even have toilets in their homes. Please is there another Ibadan aside this?

chihes:
He is right, I just returned from Onitsha last week, honestly they were all making joke out of it. Me that just traveled there from Ibadan was like aah aah, these people don't really know what is going on. Business was as usual. Is now that Obiano's team started monitoring the people coming in from river Niger bridge that the residents of Anambra may start feeling there's fire on the mountain.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Bigval5: 7:09am On Mar 28, 2020
CChillz:
Psalm 91 says
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Father take control of this virus o... IJN, Amen

Would have said Amen, But what's IJN?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by LegacyB: 7:09am On Mar 28, 2020
I don’t even know if we have a governor in Ogun state. Other states are saying something or doing. The hand sanitizer news sharing look like a mirage .He be like say we don enter one chance for ogun state ooooo cos I know if people are tested there I’ll get more than 100 people positive.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by MYHUBBY: 7:10am On Mar 28, 2020
ebujany:
The truth is that it's far far higher than the official number. Nigerian's get ready....but as for me and my family, a thousand shall fall by our side, 10 thousand by my left side, it shall not come near my dwelling

you and your families and those that want the numbers to increase here won't escape it no matter how much you imbeciles pray

Mercy of God is stopping the spread in Nigeria and you imbeciles keep saying it will increase it will double you mumu citizens
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Alezy(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2020
justus7:

Most of these cases are people that just came back from abroad,this is as a result of incompetent leaders we have in this country...

Stay at home.
Stay safe..
God no go shame us...
ppl with the virus is much more than announced. God pls take control
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by MYHUBBY: 7:12am On Mar 28, 2020
may all those that's calling for the increase of this virus in Nigeria through their wishes have a taste of this virus, both them and their family shall be the victims of the increase

these animals are wishing Nigerians bad despite mercy of God is curtailing the spread here with His mercy that all sane minds have been crying out for

Coronavirus will not dominate itself here and all the cases we have, they will receive divine healing in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Bigleaf1006: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2020
ThierryJay:

You better do away with your pseudo-intelligent conspiracy theories, cos you are sounding profoundly ignorant. You still think a disease that has killed over 25,000 people globally is a scam (confirmed from videos and persons affected)??

What in your mind makes you think that Nigeria immune to COVID when it's ravaging several hundreds of countries?? If we are not immune, then it's logical that there will be cases in Nigeria. How you think the existence of COVID cases in Nigeria is not justifiable is turning logic upside down.

You think its business as usual? So if the Gov't wants to use COVID to siphon money, it will now be its top echelon i.e Abba Kyari, Governors and possibly the President himself that will be the guinea pigs Really So the executives have to put their life on the line to satisfy the financial greed of some subordinates

Overthinking can dull the brain o.. confirm

Thank you very much sir for your apt response.however I never said we were entirely immuned to the virus,also never said there were no cases in Nigeria.

I will tell you again and a again that these guys are unduly creating panic so as to get everyones attention to it and create a crisis situation so as to get as much money as they can.u and I know how this goes with government.

The number of confirmed cases isn't as much as they are claiming. It is still very manageable.

Abba kyari having corona or bala Mohammed having it is also suspect. Hope u have read the governor's statement as at this morning.

Corona virus isn't death sentence as we can see with Mikel arteta,Idris Elba and meny others.

As many government officials as possible are in the loop on this so as to cash out from the expected windfall.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by AmTruth: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2020
Keep shouting incompetent leaders.

Go to America, they are offering you Free Visa and leave our darling country for us.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Bigleaf1006: 7:15am On Mar 28, 2020
ThierryJay:

As the number of cases increase exponentially, it becomes more difficult to present a comprehensive case history like they previously did with a lower number of cases. In countries like Egypt, South Africa and others that have several hundreds or thousands of cases, they don't publicize the case histories anymore.

But the history will still have been documented in the WHO report for the individual patients.

But we can get data on how many are foreign related and how many are home grown transmissions!!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by todugo(m): 7:19am On Mar 28, 2020
kingxsamz:
It can't be possible.
Coronavirus ended yesterday according to TB Joshua.

grin grin He has change it to rain falling in Wuhan that it will disappear only in China where it began
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by saintchibu(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2020
justus7:

Stay at home.
Stay safe..
God no go shame us...
Yes our leaders are incompetent but we as Nigerians are wicked.
How can one come back from a country with confirmed cases and start to walk around?
If our leaders refuse to play their part, can't we play ours for our own sake?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Mac2016(m): 7:22am On Mar 28, 2020
kingxsamz:
It can't be possible.
Coronavirus ended yesterday according to TB Joshua.
That was still yesterday evening. grin

Moreso, I think governments around the world have acted irresponsibly. This is crazy.. Am certain with more kits now and alot of money available now thru subventions.. We will record more active Covid-19 patients
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by pacespot(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2020
Gone are the days that Nigeria's cases used to 1, 2 or 3 per day, now it's 10 or above, and I am sure more cases will still be discovered before the end of today. Those in Lagos must be living in hell right now

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by israelmao(m): 7:31am On Mar 28, 2020
No cause for alarm victory is certain in the name of Jesus.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by khiaa(f): 7:32am On Mar 28, 2020
Alezy:
ppl with the virus is much more than announced. God pls take control

How have you been? Are you taking care of yourself? Please protect yourself from this virus.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Tapout(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2020
ebujany:
The truth is that it's far far higher than the official number. Nigerian's get ready....but as for me and my family, a thousand shall fall by our side, 10 thousand by my left side, it shall not come near my dwelling

That's a very selfish prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Iliyasdass(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2020
pickatyou:
Corona plus bad governance.

Imam of peace was right. Guess we are reaping it now.

I have stopped looking at the total number and focused my attention on active , mild and severe case.
China did a fantastic job by reducing their numbers to 3k+ of active cases remaining. Let us know what they did
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Iliyasdass(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2020
pickatyou:
Corona plus bad governance.

Imam of peace was right. Guess we are reaping it now.

I have stopped looking at the total number and focused my attention on active , mild and severe case.
China did a fantastic job by reducing their numbers to 3k+ of active cases remaining. Let us know what they did

Imam of pieces

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 by Youngjohnosas: 7:37am On Mar 28, 2020
I really don't understand the case of Edo state. A week ago the first index case was announced and few days later it was confirmed that the speaker Edo state house of Assembly tested positive, A new case has been confirmed now and the total figures still stands at two.

is that the case of d speaker wasn't recorded or they just updated it now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have An STD But I Need To Know Which So I Can Commence Treatment / Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married / How an hiv positive lady almost lured me into sex without condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.