Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:06 PM

WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure (634 Views)

Why COVID-19 Vaccine Will Be Administered Without Clinical Trial – NAFDAC / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:47am On May 08, 2020
WHO calls for clinical trial of Madagascar's virus cure
UN health agency says it is ready to collaborate with Madagascar

Matshidiso Moeti, WHO's regional director for Africa

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday called for clinical trials of Madagascar's Covid Organics, a herbal drink that is said to prevent and cure patients suffering from the novel coronavirus or COVID-19.

"We are advising the government of Madagascar to take this product through a clinical trial and we are prepared to collaborate with them," Matshidiso Moeti, WHO's regional director for Africa, told a joint media briefing with the WHO and World Economic Forum.

"We would caution and advise countries against adopting a product that has not been through clinical tests for safety and efficacy," Moeti said.

"We are concerned about the impact that COVID-19 will have on the ability of African countries to progress towards Universal health coverage," she added.

There are over 51,000 confirmed virus cases in the African continent, with more than 17,000 associated recoveries and 1,900 deaths, according to the WHO.

"We know that to stop the spread of this virus, key public health measures need to be in place in every community... even where cases have not been reported, readiness capacities should be prepositioned," the WHO official said.

She added that WHO was "working with countries to leverage the assets they have in place already, built in preparedness for Ebola and HIV, TB and polio program among others, as well as to scale-up coordination, mobilize people and repair supply chains globally and locally."

"It’s not a matter of simply today we have lockdowns and tomorrow everything is opened up. It has to be gradual with the most essential parts of the economy being opened up first,'' Moeti said.

Several African countries have lifted the partial lockdown imposed to stem the spread of the virus, but the ban on gatherings is still in place.

While educational facilities remain closed in most African countries, businesses have been allowed to operate conditionally.

African governments say there is need to resume economic activities with imperative to contain the virus.

Moeti said they have guidelines from WHO on "progressively releasing these measures."
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Lordjiggs09(m): 7:47am On May 08, 2020
Thumbs up Madagascar.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Tissaia(f): 7:48am On May 08, 2020
Hmm
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Righteousness89(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2020
W.H.O would likely refuse it!

Madagascar go on with your stuff! As long as it works Carry go!

1 Like

Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by olaric(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2020
I don't have a problem with subjecting it to test; where I do have a problem is the politics and discrimination giant pharmaceuticals play when it comes to things like this. They are the jury, the judge and the executioners in matters that concern Africa.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Shelumiel: 7:51am On May 08, 2020
I just hope WHO would be fair in this regard. Because they are hell bent of being the only ones wanting to produce a cure.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by nero2face: 8:07am On May 08, 2020
are they (W.H.O) ready to swallow their prides or they're just looking a way to tarnish the efforts of the Madagascan government, WHO and de Western world, I always don't trust them 100%
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2020
I hope you propagandists know that the current DG of WHO is also an African from Ethiopia??
There's nothing wrong with the WHO asking for clinical trials to confirm the efficacy and safety of the product. That's what it should be.
If those who produced it were sensible enough, they should have done that without being asked, and before going public. The black man likes putting the cart before the horse, and st the end, he moves no where.
The problem with Africans is that they usually believe once they boil some leaves, it can heal everything, and requires no confirmation.
The main reason for that is because lives are not valued in Africa.
If they can't agree to subject it to scientific trials for safety and efficacy, then, let them throw it away.
After all, if they could 'cure' Covid-19, they could have 'cured' Ebola, Lassa fever, HIV, HBV, HCV, etc, that have been resident in African for decades.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Shelumiel: 9:03am On May 08, 2020
[s]
ChybuzzDD:
I hope you propagandists know that the current DG of WHO is also an African from Ethiopia??
There's nothing wrong with the WHO asking for clinical trials to confirm the efficacy and safety of the product. That's what it should be.
If those who produced it were sensible enough, they should have done that without being asked, and before going public. The black man likes putting the cart before the horse, and st the end, he moves no where.
The problem with Africans is that they usually believe once they boil some leaves, it can heal everything, and requires no confirmation.
If they can't agree to subject it to scientific trials for safety and efficacy, then, let them throw it away.
After all, if they could 'cure' Covid-19, they could have 'cured' Ebola, Lassa fever, HIV, HBV, HCV, etc, that have been resident in African for decades.
[/s] Slavery mentality is still working in you. Get rid of it.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Conductor261: 9:23am On May 08, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
You're a beautiful non thinker

Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:24am On May 08, 2020
if the people in Madagascar are not dying den it means there is something good in the cure
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:36am On May 08, 2020
Shelumiel:
[s][/s] Slavery mentality is still working in you. Get rid of it.

I'm not as crude, primitive, and ignorant as you are.
I'm very educated and enlightened, and know the standard every human should operate at.
High and correct standard and ways of doing things are not only meant for the Whites.
They're meant for the Blacks as well.
You can't be living the same way your forefathers live in the 15th century in this present 21st century.
The world is currently being driven by science and technology, and you and other Africans must key into that.
Life is precious and should be highly valued.
You can't bring untested rubbish and start forcing it down people's throat, just because you are capable of inpregnating your wives and giving births to new lives every minute in Africa. Learn to value the lives of those you've already given birth to.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Karlifate: 9:41am On May 08, 2020
OP, where is the source of your News?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Shelumiel: 9:44am On May 08, 2020
[s]
ChybuzzDD:

I'm very educated and enlightened, and know the standard every human should operate at.
High and correct standard and ways of doing things are not only meant for the Whites.
You can't be living the same way your forefathers live in the 15th century in this present 21st century.
The world is currently being driven by science and technology, and you and other Africans must key into that.
You can't bring untested rubbish and start forcing it down people's throat, just because you are capable of inpregnating your wives and giving births to new lives every minute in Africa. Learn to value the lives of those you've already given birth to.
[/s] These are delusions. I suggest you see a psychiatrist for mental evaluation.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Ajibade123(m): 3:28pm On May 08, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I swear you did not have sense
Madagascar hasn't record a single death and you are still saying the drug is killing people
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:55pm On May 08, 2020
Ajibade123:

Madagascar hasn't record a single death and you are still saying the drug is killing people

Hmmm, this blockhead has just made me laugh for the first time today.
You can neither read nor comprehend.
It's a waste of time discussing scientific things with village people, who are only good in producing both "jazz/juju" children.
Whether they've recorded any death or not(which you have no proof of), every drug MUST pass through the clinical trials before being approved.
Even God himself challenged Christians in the Bible "to put him to test..."
Bros, if science and it's ways are too difficult for you to understand, just go back to your rat hole in the village.
Re: WHO Calls For Clinical Trial Of Madagascar's Virus Cure by Shelumiel: 7:54am On May 09, 2020
Ajibade123:

Abeg forgive him for he is mentally challenged so anything you say to him sounds absurd even if in light of overwhelming evidence. Biko

(1) (Reply)

Pimples At The Back Of The Head After Haircut / Longrich Products Are Available For Your Various Household Needs / Covid Is Spiking In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.