Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Coronavirus Is Overrated - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Is Overrated (1752 Views)

5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? / Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Overrated by ibkayee(f): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
Coronavirus is a pretty 'novel' and unknown threat in comparison to the things you've listed, the fear is more in the uncertainty.

There's also no official vaccination and it's highly transmittable

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Overrated by drsugar: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
Op is right and not right. It's all about perspective... Anyone in China, US or Europe who has lost one or two people recently to corona virus will definitely think differently.

However, the truth is that we don't know fully well the predicted impact of corona virus on our population in Nigeria and probably Africa as a whole.

It's very likely that we won't be have much people coming down with the severe disease because
1.) We have very low elderly population.
2.) Our the years, morbidity and mortality(deaths) from seasonal flu have been low in our population compared to North America and Europe.
3.) Over Ecology and weather pattern doesn't favor the seasonal transmission and survivability of the flu virus.

However, despite all these, our efforts to reduce active cases is still in line to complement global effort.

The truth is that local impact of the disease won't be as bad as that of Europe and North America.
Re: Coronavirus Is Overrated by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
Yenefer:
Enough already quit this one here and one there junk tell us when a thousand or more get it in Nigeria then maybe it will be newsworthy till then shut up. Some are dying of Boko Haram insurgency, poverty, malaria, Lassa fever, bandits, Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers, road accident, cultism, and pneumonia especially the older people and the propaganda media would tell us that they die of Coronavirus, be careful in believing it.!!!
Soooo 3 out of 3,000,000+ .000001% of the population or less. Yikes..
So basically 3 people sitting at home on their couch, watching TV, eating chicken noodle soup, drinking 7UP and taking an aspirin here and there.
Actually I believe that. Globalists are punishing the world to show us how much we need them I have noticed that if you have money you get medical care and drugs that help you recover but every day people don’t get it Of course not! The media would not have taken this "campfire" and fanned it into a major "forest fire." And you and many others are too ignorant of the truth that you believe them! They want chaos and anarcky; they want the current Global setting to collapse.
Globalists are punishing the world to show us how much we need them.

This is the kind of thing that inspired Charles Darwin to embrace the theory of Natural Selection. If you want to weed out your garden, just put your hands in your pockets and watch.

The press has blown this out of proportion to create panic! When this is over and done with, Mark my words, the Lassa fever season of 2019 -2020 will look much worse!

When you flatten the curve you also lengthen the curve. Globalists willing to go 6 months or more with this? Going 6 months will destroy the economy and usher in a big depression and economic collapse in some countries. Why is this necessary for a virus that is a little worse than H1N1, which we did nothing for?
Just like every other flu we have known throughout the history of mankind. Should you not shake hands? Of course, Should you wash your hands regularly? Always. Should you stay home if you are sick? Certainly.

Should we destroy the economy, shutter businesses, put a match to the world's wealth? Months of quarantine will do this and I don't think so.

Ridiculous! Some People are easily manipulated! Once you give up your Rights and Civil Liberties for safety sake , you have given up all your freedom! The Government owns you. This is not what our ancestors fought and died for. I will not going to isolate myself is better to live in liberty with danger than in prison with slavery

Just got this from the front page

It's alright if you don't think like i do

But i stand on what i believe
Re: Coronavirus Is Overrated by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
somehow:
Mosquito kills about 321 people daily in Nigeria which is about 95000 yearly, yet no sit at home, no lock down, no media noise, but a virus that kills people with weak immune system which are mostly infants (very low ) and old people above 60 years with a fatality rate of less than 4% has locked down everywhere including Nigeria?

One person dead in 3 months plus in Nigeria from the virus, yet everywhere is locked down?

Book haram has killed more than 15,000 Nigerians, no lock down
Bad road
Bad hospitals
Armed robberies etc have killed more people than the so called virus, yet no lock down

Lassa fever still killing Nigerians in the hundreds, no lock down
Ebola killed thousands, no Lock down.

Please what makes this so called virus special that we are being made to shut down everything?

Is it because the elderly ones its attacking are mostly leaders of the world?

I need to understand what made this different!

Another one

People are woke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Rid Of Dreary Heart Problems And Save Lives At Emergencies. / President Buhari Devalues Nigeria Doctors. / Mad Man Kissing Mad Woman PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.