Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92540 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by poweredcom(m): 10:06am On Mar 30, 2020
lebete3000:

Are you sure about this? Or you're just one of their staff? Zenith bank wey I hear sey na Yahoo boys be their largest shareholder cheesy

What about FirstBank by the way?

Firstbank is good but they have too many customers and I don't like Dem abeg
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Hi all I will keep everyone updated on progress... Been in contact with StanbicIBTC and have already tagged cbn and efcc

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by seanwilliam(m): 10:15am On Mar 30, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:

Paystack is safe bro, it might be bitcoin website that took his Money
I fund my wallet on luno with pay stack.. am I safe?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Boschh(m): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2020
This is a case of Carding as they call it in the dark web..

There are several international merchants that do not require OTP to validate a transaction done on their website online..

Once they have your BIN(Bank Identification Number) which includes the first 6 digits of your ATM, they can generate a working card and shop online..

The person behind this might be in any part of the world. All he needs is your BIN with or without VPN and that's the end...

So many BIN's have been used to purchase phones etc on Amazon, AliExpress etc... Carding is getting real and before the year 2020 ends, there will be lots of Billions lost online due to this ish..

Recovering the said funds might be tricky as the money must have left the ledger balance..

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ellizy(m): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2020
DominantMale:

Was he able to recover the money? Something similar happened to me last year
He could not recover the money because the police insisted the phone will be tracked and whosoever Is found with it will be responsible for the theft...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Kokomo: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2020
Boschh:
This is a case of Carding as they call it in the dark web..

There are several international merchants that do not require OTP to validate a transaction done on their website online..

Once they have your BIN(Bank Identification Number) which includes the first 6 digits of your ATM, they can generate a working card and shop online..

The person behind this might be in any part of the world. All he needs is your BIN with or without VPN and that's the end...

So many BIN's have been used to purchase phones etc on Amazon, AliExpress etc... Carding is getting real and before the year 2020 ends, there will be lots of Billions lost online due to this ish..

Recovering the said funds might be tricky as the money must have left the ledger balance..

Op has confirmed that the money has left the ledger, 24hrs after he complain to the bank to block it, bank said they cant , that since it is in Ledger it is as good as been debited
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Go diabolical. You can't just stand someone do that to you.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by suduji: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2020
I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.
This your last statement sums it all.
I think there is a group in stanbic ibtc that specialize in stealing customers Money.
I experienced the same thing sometime in May 2019, till date my 76k has not been refunded.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by nkem12345(m): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2020
have you made a pos payment sometime ago with that figure?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Juliearth(f): 11:55am On Mar 30, 2020
lebete3000:

You're one hell of a smartie...you got my interest already... wink

Compliment acknowledged with thanks.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Juliearth(f): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2020
lebete3000:

Ofcourse I did...

That makes you a "smartie" too.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by kelly72: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
You transferred your balance to gtb?
You better withdraw the cash and place
it along Oshodi Apapa expressway for safe keeping.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by kelly72: 12:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
You transferred your balance to GT what?
You better withdraw the cash and place
it along Oshodi Apapa expressway for safe keeping.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by mechanics(m): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
It is also possible that the work of a software Hackers use to mislead them with a different address and location, it might not even be POS who knows.
okay.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Mooreleak247: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
This matter no hard at all. Lemme give u the best step u will take. I swear StanbicIBTC go produce ur money. DM me for security reasons
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Thenextgen: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
jahlove4jah:
Walk to the bank first thing tomorrow morning and get a statement if account stamped and signed. If the money was transfered to any account, get a court order from court to place restriction on the account your money was transfered to.

Also write to tour bank via email and copy the bank of the beneficiary as well as central bank attaching your statement of account and court order (if you get one because of the lockdown) and request that your bank E-fraud unit take action a d give you a feed back.

how do you get a court order when all courts have been shut down
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Kokomo: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
one need to be careful of Dm-ing anyone make dem no go siphone the balance wey you keep for GTB, anyone with any suggestion can share here, ... this sort of thing can happen to anyone , let share and help each other. nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
seanwilliam:
I fund my wallet on luno with pay stack.. am I safe?
Are you on whatsapp
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by biggy00000(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
FX:
The same happened to my father's account with Stanbic IBTC bank. They fraudulently used his debit card to buy goods on wish.com to the tune of N37000. We are still on case. Stanbic IBTC bank is yet to return the money. The money is even my father's pension paid by Stanbic IBTC Pension. I'm very the bank staff are behind these fraudulent transactions. Please let's collaborate and get our money back. The bank staff have turned to thieves.

Oga; your father should tell you who spent time on his phone/ which code did they (wish) send to him that he carelessly give out.

This is the way wish works
* It ask you to link a payment card to your profile
* Sends you a code for verification
* Subsequent payment you need not enter any card as 1 is active already
* Goods are being paid for while dad gets the debit alert.

Solution

Block the card

Recovery

Contact your woli/pastor/olusho/ bishop/ Alfa/ babaláwo n leave the bank out of your own carelessness
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Godsfavour78: 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kihem:
Your card is cloned and used on an offline pos.

That pos not a Nigerian pos the IP will be USA.

Gee guys
offline manual 6 digit pinless pos boys . those ones are another set entirely efcc even has no idea. One was arrested 2018 from their press release its clear even efccc and the bank didn't understand what happened.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Godsfavour78: 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
just2endowed:

Merchant was traced to Mexico and he criminal used it to buy gasoline worth 400k+
lol buy gasoline. No arrangement between him and the owners of the gas station you didn't Trace anything oga
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by seanwilliam(m): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:

Are you on whatsapp
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by pbidex(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
The same thing happened to a friend 2nights ago. With over 500k.. Stanbic IBTC again.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Godsfavour78: 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Burger01:
Same happened to me months ago. I started having problems the day I sent a mail to my supposed account officer to open a domiciled account. He mailed back asking for few details and pronto I started receiving POS alerts on transactions I never made. 680k down the drain like that. That bank is complete fraud! angry
have you heard of email compromising some hardworking criminal master mind have been monitoring your email communication for months looking for such opportunity. Don't blame your bank. It you are so sure it was your account officer you would have arrested him. Even you self nor sure sir.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by kemkem303: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
When it's banking case, u don't need to take it slightly with them....go to the banking hall, create a scene I swear u will see them running up and down
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
seanwilliam:
Answer me bro
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Burger01(m): 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Godsfavour78:
have you heard of email compromising some hardworking criminal master mind have been monitoring your email communication for months looking for such opportunity. Don't blame your bank. It you are so sure it was your account officer you would have arrested him. Even you self nor sure sir.
Forget about email compromise guy. I communicated with the bank via domain email which was strong enough. I don't need to arrest the account officer, the bank will do their investigations. smiley
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by seanwilliam(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:

Answer me bro
yeah bro, why??
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Godsfavour78: 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Burger01:
Forget about email compromise guy. I communicated with the bank via domain email which was strong enough. I don't need to arrest the account officer, the bank will do their investigations. smiley
OK sir I too like rich people like you for your calmness. If na me self that account officer go dey fear to come work. The way I go voltage everywhere with guys.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
seanwilliam:
yeah bro, why??
Feel free bro
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Greatzeus(m): 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
salford1:

But some people like yahoo boys.
The chickens are coming home to roost.
I feel very bad for OP. Hopefully he gets his money back.
Imagine what someone wrote and people still like his comment. What kind of generation are we in? Why are most nairalanders so stupid.
@slawormir your boys have struck again. Hope you enjoy spending another man's sweat,while him and his children starve. But know karma is real,your end will be very miserable and sad,bet it with me,you vagabond.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Greatzeus(m): 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
Neoteny7:
Whether someone hacked your account or not, avoid that bank. I've a Platinum/Private Banking current account with them and they always do deductions on daily basis, several times a day, for goodness knows what.

I hardly even use the bank anymore.
Attention seeking will not kill you guys,why snap and upload your ATM card on a faceless forum? What is wrong with you people,what are you trying to prove and who are you trying to prove it to?
This is how they stupidly expose their details,after they come back to open thread asking foolish questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62