Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92542 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Wagasigiungu(m): 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Neoteny7:
Whether someone hacked your account or not, avoid that bank. I've a Platinum/Private Banking current account with them and they always do deductions on daily basis, several times a day, for goodness knows what.

I hardly even use the bank anymore.

Bros I take God beg you, remove your card details from here. You guys don't realise how easy it is to get the remaining digits of an atm card once you hv some of the details (in your case there is even too much details shown).

Fear technology-- it can be used for both the good, the bad and the very ugly.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Bekool(m): 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

You better sue that fraudulent bank u will surely recover more than that amount at the end of the day. There are quite a lot of human rights lawyers in Nigeria who are ready to buy this case from u and make millions from it if u don't have the means to prosecute the case to a logical conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bekool:

You better sue that fraudulent bank u will surely recover more than that amount at the end of the day. There are quite a lot of human rights lawyers in Nigeria who are ready to buy this case from u and make millions from it if u don't have the means to prosecute the case to a logical conclusion.

Thanks boss, bank are currently investigating are they will let me know of their finding shortly, hopefully it is sorted otherwise thing will get urgly
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lebete3000: 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
Juliearth:

That makes you a "smartie" too.

I did oh, so what does that make me? Lol...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Neoteny7: 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Greatzeus:

Attention seeking will not kill you guys,why snap and upload your ATM card on a faceless forum? What is wrong with you people,what are you trying to prove and who are you trying to prove it to?
This is how they stupidly expose their details,after they come back to open thread asking foolish questions.

Why are you so butthurt?

You're probably the only person who thinks a black card is impressive, no one else gives a fug. And that says a lot about you.

Meanwhile it's my card details and not yours. You or anyone else is free to try and get into my account......if you can.

Otherwise fukk off with your stupid rant about something that has nothing to do with you.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Rhesusmonkey(m): 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Same shit happened to me today 100k, same stanbic bank.
I still weak.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by sircatherine45(m): 11:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Collins4u1:

Says who, don't just say what you don't know.

From the description of the transaction that's a Mexican transaction.

I think they got hold of your BIN and generated card and yours was generated, and they used it for transaction.

Don't come and say it's not possible, e get why!

the best case scenario
they also used dumps
no ask me how
I'm an ethical hacker...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by NCarthur(m): 12:34am On Mar 31, 2020
I saw ur transaction history.....chaiii....why POS Don't u know some POS machines keep tracks of ur details even ur pin? Then after like 3months they'll scam you and u can't recall or trace it to them... sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by adanny01(m): 9:27am On Mar 31, 2020
dicksonadams:
This is the only transaction notification I got

Description: POS PURCHASE @SER MEZQUITAL Y NAZAS D MX

I just did a Google search, that's a filling station in Mexico. Someone bought something from there with a clone of your card.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by adanny01(m): 9:29am On Mar 31, 2020
Rhesusmonkey:

I still weak.

That means they obviously have a security breach.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by umarfantami(m): 9:55am On Mar 31, 2020
hmm there was a time i went to withdraw some cash from pos ,the person just brought a POS machine like a calculator which i have never see that b4.The collcted my atm card, input some digits from the card in to the machine then asked me to put my 4 digits pin.From there I just remembered that in those days criminals used to place such on Atm machine to take peoples' card details

I said why don't he use the one am familiar with .The man removed the atm and said I should go if i didn't trust them. Even without putting my card pin up to now i feel suspicious.

I think the solution to such are
>do not use POS anyhow.
>if its necessary for u to use an atm card, use verve card because it can't be use for international transaction(if policy didn't change) hence criminals are easily traced.
>as ealiar mentioned use different account for online transactions.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 9:55am On Mar 31, 2020
adanny01:

I just did a Google search, that's a filling station in Mexico. Someone bought something from there with a clone of your card.

Yeah, the fact that bank allow my card to be used at oversee self get k-leg
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by adanny01(m): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2020
dicksonadams:

Yeah, the fact that bank allow my card to be used at oversee self get k-leg

They can allow it. Imagine if you travelled to Mexico yourself, you can make international transactions, withdrawals with a Mastercard and Visa card but not verve card.

I believe their security was breached.

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Kvngfrosh(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Neoteny7:
Whether someone hacked your account or not, avoid that bank. I've a Platinum/Private Banking current account with them and they always do deductions on daily basis, several times a day, for goodness knows what.

I hardly even use the bank anymore.
please remove this you even left your bin
....Remove this it might end in tears
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by just2endowed: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Rhesusmonkey:

I still weak.

How did it happen
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
Praise God oh... StanbicIBTC Team resolved my 400k+ fraud issues in less than 48hrs working day grin

I have my money back oh... Thanks nairaland, thanks StanbicIBTC you guys rock.

Thanks everyone oh...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Thekeeper(m): 12:47am On Apr 01, 2020
grin
dicksonadams:
Praise God oh... StanbicIBTC Team resolved my 400k+ fraud issues in less than 48hrs working day grin

Thanks everyone oh...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by nasonaso: 1:11am On Apr 01, 2020
dicksonadams:

Thanks everyone oh...

Nice 1 so happy for you. Open a new thread for it then try as much as possible to withdraw all your savings from stanbic ibtc. Get another account in other banks deactivate your atm and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by uboma(m): 2:43am On Apr 01, 2020
NCarthur:
I saw ur transaction history.....chaiii....why POS Don't u know some POS machines keep tracks of ur details even ur pin? Then after like 3months they'll scam you and u can't recall or trace it to them... sorry bro

I doubt the information you have passed.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by uboma(m): 2:46am On Apr 01, 2020
dicksonadams:

Thanks everyone oh...

Congratulations.

Good news!

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Akposy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
dicksonadams:

Thanks everyone oh...
I've been secretly praying you get your money back. This is good news!!! I am sincerely happy with you. Congratulations and happy new month

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Tinyemeka(m): 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
sunshineV:
I can swear to u a staff is involved. Reach ur bank, EFCC, police on Twitter asap

Keep swearing and swear away your destiny.

Kindly explain how a staff is involved.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by LegacyB: 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
ejimatic:
. With those boys in the most of our banks the pins can be generated..... Additionally can they not process debit for you in their bank ? Pls Mount pressure on them .If you do so the bank will refund your money because it will affect their customer growth if it becomes a public knowledge...
Bros I wish u knew what Ure saying . The day pin can be generated would spell the end of e banking in the world . Let’s not misinformed people cos of sentiments. No one can generate any pin as of now.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ejimatic: 6:50am On Apr 07, 2020
LegacyB:
Bros I wish u knew what Ure saying . The day pin can be generated would spell the end of e banking in the world . Let’s not misinformed people cos of sentiments. No one can generate any pin as of now.
. Never ever trust those crooked and knavish boys! May we not be their victims .Those who are at home and receive debit alerts from their banks can relate better! A lot of bank fraudulent activities are settled underground in concerned banks because of their images...It may be hard to believe fraud syndicate exists in our banks.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ejimatic: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2020
Thekeeper:
grin
I rejoice with you.If you keep quiet the money is gone forever.Always keep an eye on your banks for they can be funny at times.The bank has no choice apart from returning your money .It knows it will affect its image.....conrgratulations!

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by LegacyB: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
ejimatic:
. Never ever trust those crooked and knavish boys! May we not be their victims .Those who are at home and receive debit alerts from their banks can relate better! A lot of bank fraudulent activities are settled underground in concerned banks because of their images...It may be hard to believe fraud syndicate exists in our banks.
Bro thanks . But honestly No PIN can be hacked for now on a pin and chip card. Only magnetic striped cards can experience this,and such as been wiped out of Nigerian banking system.Also note 99 percent of people wuld never tell u the truth on our they compromised their pin.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ejimatic: 7:36am On Apr 08, 2020
LegacyB:
Bro thanks . But honestly No PIN can be hacked for now on a pin and chip card. Only magnetic striped cards can experience this,and such as been wiped out of Nigerian banking system.Also note 99 percent of people wuld never tell u the truth on our they compromised their pin.
. Ok thank u my brother for your insight.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ejimatic: 7:39am On Apr 08, 2020
LegacyB:
Ok thank u my brother for your insight.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by chisom45: 6:18am On May 09, 2021
Pls am in soup..ohh my money 51000,I did a transfer with a UBA ATM MACHINE ON 7TH MAY 2021 EVENING,I WAS ALONE IN THE ATM STAND,INLY FOR ME TO RECEIVED DEBIT ALERT LAST NIGHT AS POS PURCHASE PAYARENA LAGOS NG,WHAT DO I DO MY PEOPLE,I V NEVER GONE TO ANY POS AGENT BEFORE,DOES IT MEAN UBA BANK ARE USING THEIR ATM MACHINE TO FRAUD PEOPLE.V CONTACTED MY BANK IBTC ON INVESTIGATION..GOD HELP ME,PLS BE CAREFUL BANKS ARE DOING WORST NOW
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by MadelnNigeria: 6:41am On May 09, 2021
chisom45:
Pls am in soup..ohh my money 51000,I did a transfer with a UBA ATM MACHINE ON 7TH MAY 2021 EVENING,I WAS ALONE IN THE ATM STAND,INLY FOR ME TO RECEIVED DEBIT ALERT LAST NIGHT AS POS PURCHASE PAYARENA LAGOS NG,WHAT DO I DO MY PEOPLE,I V NEVER GONE TO ANY POS AGENT BEFORE,DOES IT MEAN UBA BANK ARE USING THEIR ATM MACHINE TO FRAUD PEOPLE.V CONTACTED MY BANK IBTC ON INVESTIGATION..GOD HELP ME,PLS BE CAREFUL BANKS ARE DOING WORST NOW
Call your bank ASAP
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by DonMarkuzi(m): 7:28am On May 09, 2021
just2endowed:
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

International POS transactions : Mexico.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by harmargedon: 10:39am On May 09, 2021
dicksonadams:
This is the only transaction notification I got

Description: POS PURCHASE @SER MEZQUITAL Y NAZAS D MX
someone purchase fuel from a gas station in Mexico using your digits. What's the update.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.