Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,185 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG (71015 Views)

Inflation: Tinubu advised Buhari to print more money - Paul Ibe / Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Afenifere: Printing More Naira Notes To Fight Coronavirus Is Irresponsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by rusher14: 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
CreekCommando:

That's voodoo economics. All countries' external reserve are in the US dollars. So, they can print more and its inflationary effect will be absorbed by many countries'. That's why Sanusi advocated for us to save 10% of our reserve in Chinese Yuan. But who can trust China?

With all due respect, it is not voodoo economics.

All economies of the world would be printing money PCV (Post Coronavirus), and it would be foolhardy of Nigeria to stand aside and look.

Yes, we should have saved more, but it is even more important for Nigerians to embrace production.

I hope this plague becomes the springboard to engage in production much as I doubt it.

2 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by bluecircle470: 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
NwaNimo1:
lol.....mad man.

Inflation nko?

You foolish small
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by MT: 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
Tumbulum:
have you heard of cash repatriation? Apply manufactures and assembles its phone in china,sell to the rest of the world including US and repatriate the cash to the united states.

You cannot just repatriate cash from an economy. MTN tried it with Nigeria and they faced a serious backslash from Nigeria. There are laws and policies that need to be followed. You cannot tell me the US will just repatriate cash from a US-owned company based in China without following standard procedures and policies in China.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by SaintChukz(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
TheStarsAlign:

See, there is already an X amount nof money in the economy (this icludes Tinubus, Dangote, Otedolas etc money). ie TMS1, the total money supply needs to move to TSM2 to have wider reach/impact.

TSM = Total Money Supply ie the total amount of money in an economy at any particular time.

Oga stop taking that weed, it is too strong for you eh!.

What's the relationship between TMS1 and TSM2?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Babatunde40(m): 10:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
This Corona Virus dey funny I swear. One woman wey dey sell hand sanitiser for my area don test positive grin

It is not funny. Stop making stupid jokes. You are bigger than that
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by stieyven(m): 10:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Herdsmen:
A thief will always be a thief

No be his mates Dey donate salaries cash materials
This crook na to loot Dey his mind.

Print more naira notes ... while your bullion van keep increasing fro 3 to 10.

Corona locate you.
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28

2 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by donnie(m): 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
Print naira notes with no production to back up the notes. Print so you can loot? CRAZY!
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by CreekCommando: 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
rusher14:
Why is it that the badly educated are the first to air their opinion on issues beyond their comprehension on this forum?

America has implemented quantitative easing- printing of more dollars to absorb the effect of Coronavirus on their economy.

If the US can do that, and Nigeria itself bases a lot of its commodities on the value of the dollar, why shouldn't we print more Naira representative of the volume printed of the dollar?
Your opinion is voodoo economics! All countries' external reserve depends on the US dollars. Whatever inflationary mess the USA creates could be shared and absorbed offshore. And their PMI is very robust when it comes to export. But here, any inflation created will badly affect the economy further because you import everything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by dochenaj: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
Money inflation loading...

When FG would have shut down the international borders, they didn't because they were outside the country.

Now we see the aftermath of that slow response.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Excuzeme: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
neoclassical:
It does not make economic sense even in the case of US. But remember, in economics, there are variables you have to factor in before drawing your conclusions, though some may be stochastic.
First, US has a higher Special Drawing Right (SDR) from International Monetary Organizations than a less developed nation like Nigeria and therefore can absorb external economic shocks because of its advantage in purchasing power parity. Nigeria's external reserves cannot be compared to that of US which can be used to offset balance of payment disequilibrium.

I dont think he will agree that you have answered his question!
And please, dont use Nigeria as your example, you can use countries like the UK, Germany, etc who are also power-houses of Production.
Why cant Germany just print more money?
Why cant Russia just print more money?
Why cant China just print more money.
If we answer the question using above examples, we can later drawdown to countries like Nigeria, if we ever need to.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Tumbulum: 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2020
MT:

You cannot just repatriate cash from an economy. MTN tried it with Nigeria and they faced a serious backslash from Nigeria. There are laws and policies that need to be followed. You cannot tell me the US will just repatriate cash from a US-owned company based in China without following standard procedures and policies in China.
There is a procedure for cash reparation. Why go to another mans land to make wealth when you cannot take some of it back to your home ?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by MT: 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
Tumbulum:
There is a procedure for cash reparation. Why go to another mans land to make wealth when you cannot take some of it back to your home ?

You can but such practice needs to be in alignment with the laws and policies of the host country!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Lovelyn451(f): 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
After looting the savings they want to add water to the fanta, print money for what exactly?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by TheStarsAlign: 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2020
SaintChukz:

Oga stop taking that weed, it is too strong for you eh!.

What's the relationship between TMS1 and TSM2?

You are being mischievous, you should know that's typo. Pls grow up.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by loswhite(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
rusher14:

The word was not invented this year but It was further truggered as soon as the effect of Coronavirus began to take its toll on the economy.

Funny enough, the rest of the world would be printing money too.
How much quantitative easing have we done in the UK?

Following the programme of QE announced in March 2020, our purchases of government bonds will total £645 billion.

Rounds of QE have been announced in response to the economic conditions at the time. This graphic shows how bond purchases have built up over the years:

So do we keep our currency at same level whilst the rest of the world "prospers"?

Many of you like to argue just for the sake of it.

I did not argue with you o....of course you are more intelligent than the CBN governor so who am I to argue with you
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by GiantParrot(m): 10:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
[right][/right]
CreekCommando:

Your opinion is voodoo economics! All countries' external reserve depends on the US dollars. Whatever inflationary mess the USA creates could be shared and absorbed offshore. And their PMI is very robust when it comes to export. But here, any inflation created will badly affect the economy further because you import everything.

This made a lot of sense. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Excuzeme: 10:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
At the end of the day, l think the CBN would be able to strike a balance between stemming inflation that could arise from the printing of more cash, when it is not balanced by accompnaying increase in production in the short term, and the need to keep the value of the Niara at a good rate, vis-a-vis its value in relation to other international currencies.

But it is still curious and worthy of investigation, the reckless abandon with which America prints paper Dollars, knowing that it is being used as an echange of wealth by other countries!

Imagine if Dangotte produces 100Mbags of Cement and export it to America.
Instead of getting really value for that "effort that creates wealth", America simply goes to its Printer and Prints out $2Billion and hands it over to Dangotte, while it collects the Cement! shocked grin grin

Now, think of these on a world scale and you will see how America "lives-off" other countries of the world and why they are willing to do anything, including unleashing Corona Virus on China or any Challenger (Russia, Germany, etc), to preserve this exploitative Economic World order.

If you notice, America does nto worry about how much it spends or how such will negatively affect its economy ...because it knows that as long as other countries still EXCHANGE the Dollar for the WEALTH, they will absorb the inflation and cost. undecided

Nuff said, am out of here. Weldone Guys

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Alezy(m): 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
They should print more so toy can steal....idiot
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 4xplore: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
fyneguy:

Are you an economic expert? Why is it right for the US and wrong for us?
Are the two economies mate
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by loswhite(m): 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
MT:
I really need to know as this is not my turf. Why does the the US get away with printing more dollars to save her economy?. Do the laws of micro economic not applicable to US in this case? . Please I will need to be genuinely educated in this area.
Is your Naira the world reserved currency?

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Precious4real50(f): 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
1x2x3:

Ka ogbe ibu?
Azungwu
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Precious4real50(f): 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
Mutemenot:

Ada ogwashi, how you dey prepare for shut down for delta so ?
Already loaded with food
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Trutherme: 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
shocked
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 1x2x3: 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
Precious4real50:
Azungwu

Umuochele here.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
Olodo economist is your Naira a global tender ,do you have assets to back the Naira...Instead you to tell the President to shut the border and go into production overdrive...you are saying crap so our Naira becomes toilet paper ba.I dont you.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by loswhite(m): 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
MT:

While i wont dismiss what you wrote because like I said , it's not my turf, but your submission raises more questions than it answers. Are you implying that the entire world financial institutions and regulatory bodies have accepted that the US could just print money arbitrarily to save her economy anytime there is a crisis just because the dollars is the defacto global currency. If this is acceptable, then there is no need for the US to want to industrialise the country as they can just snap their fingers and ask the central bank to print more dollars. Infact they should not be in competition with China as they can easily print more dollars. Please I will like you or any other economists here to shed more lights. Thanks for your contributions as I just want to learn something very new.
The US don't just snap their fingers and ask the central bank to print dollars.... Google quantitative easing and try to understand for your self
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
Tinubu, poor student of Economics. He should stop thinking like a first year undergrad Economics student wondering why can’t the government print more money and make everyone rich.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by ComradeOJ(m): 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
This is someone who wants to become President. Is that how you're taught economy thrives? Even me wey never become Councillor no dey even think like this. May God bless Naija oh...
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by CreekCommando: 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
Wasky101:

Same applies to me how, I didn't wish u anything now,
I am only saying u have more economic sense than a former accountant with Deloitte, Arthur Andersen and Mobil. Emekaaaaaa I know say one day u go make us proud
My brother! Tinubu is an academic push-over. Despite his wealthy and convivial background that could have aided academic excellence, he still was somehow linked to voodoo certificates and has never sounded intelligently. Someone whom a Journalist asked a question about bullion vans hauling currencies in his compound few hours to a national election; instead of responding more intelligently or even dodge that question but he replied ''is it your money?''. That's impunity and he could have been nailed if we have a country.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by loswhite(m): 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
Oshigun:

Bruv, read three pages of this thread and I am still shocked and shaking head at how it is terribly ignorant posters hurling the most vitriolic insults. The lack of humility of Nigerians on show here is amazing and scary because it indicates we have a nation full of hateful and 'lynch mob' ignoramuses rather than solutions providers.

What Tinubu is suggesting is a form of financial easing available to Central banks, as one of the last resorts for situation like this, called "Helicopter money".

Even a minute of research would have cured many of there ignorance. Yet once Tinubu speaks many, especially from the SE, just rush blindly to say the opposite and insult Asiwaju.

Many should put aside hate and objectively read the summarized article below specifically about economic stimulus options that can ease the havoc Covid-19 is capable of wreaking.

It will become immediately clear why Asiwaju, far ahead of his peers, should be President and that it is only hate preventing some from seeeing/accepting this. I pity Nigeria and Nigerians sha.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/17/coronavirus-how-much-firepower-central-banks-have.html

https://www.ig.com/en/glossary-trading-terms/helicopter-money-definition.... they are not ignorant as you claim. You are also ignorant of the consequences of helicopter money or just printing money.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2020
Oshigun:

You are the one who is not wise. Tinubu is suggesting that this is a legitimate option. World class economists happen to agree with him and not you isale Eko experts. Are you talking of inflation when we are discussing a pandemic that could render money worthless and people scavenging in the streets for food if the worst happens?

When all is lost, printing money is an option because it directly puts money, as legal tender , in the hands of people to acquire what they need urgently.

At that stage, protecting the value of money is pointless because if people do not get it to spend then they would simple get into beast mode and take to the streets to violently and forcefully commandeer what they need.

Let us see what will happen if area boys have no food and no money to buy their way out of hunger. We will see what your focus on inflation will be worth then.

If you print more money to distribute to the masses, massive inflation will occur and the cash thr people have in their hands will afford nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji / Bukar Ibrahim Reacts To His Leaked Video With Two Women / Governor Obiano Gifts Innoson Ikenga Jeeps To All Traditional Rulers In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.