Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,925 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 (1158 Views)

"We Give Foreigners 14 Days To Leave Our Country Or We Execute"Xenophobia Leader / Thief With Hammer And Chisel Caught At A Shop In Anambra. See His Technique. / South Africans React To The Death Of Nigerian Man: They Should Leave Our Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Vladtin: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ladies and gents, pardon my grammatical blunders as i share with you all what i experienced few minutes ago at the hand of a scammer.
Now, you all may be aware that some people, celebrities and organisations are helping those in need in this present time due to the covid19 lock down by doing giveaways so that they can get foodstuffs to sustain themselves. Now while they are being kind and helping people in the nightmare our world is facing, others are scamming through the terrible situation. I felt so sad that people in this country can be so inconsiderate and heartless.
In order not to talk much here was how it went, first of all they will make you believe that a certain bank is giving a certain amount of money to their customers to sustain theirselves and then say you should pay a certain amount to get the code to dial while they also make you believe they paid 1k too for them to get the code. They also post screenshots of payments by victims and screenshot of fake alerts gotten by those that used the code.

When you fall and pay, they send you a voicenote laughing at your stupidity, telling you they always begged for money on their status but you don't answer them. Then they brag about the number of contacts they have in their phones, saying if all the contacts in their phones were able to send them 1k when they were begging, they should have been rich by now.

So beware everyone!

Cc Lalasticlala and Mynd44

Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Vladtin: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
This fraudulent act is currently trending now so beware..
They post their account number on their status and people will rush to pay so that they can get the code.

Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Vladtin: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
Beware..

Some of the screenshots sent by those that paid to her

Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by IceLip: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
#500 ??
Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Vladtin: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2020
And it's being perpetrated by mostly females.. As i was engaging the female that scammed me, another female was doing the same act on her status.
Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Vladtin: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
This is what she had to say when say when i engaged her.. And to think this is a lady studying medicine in the University. Others are already copying the act, so beware.
Till now she refused to admit she is wrong.

Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Umarzy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nawao.

People are wicked shaa
Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by ivolt: 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
Vladtin:
And it's being perpetrated by mostly females.. As i was engaging the female that scammed me, another female was doing the same act on her status.
How do you know they are females?
Did you meet her in person?
Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Vladtin: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
ivolt:

How do you know they are females?
Did you meet her in person?
They are in my contact list... I collect their numbers personally.
Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by 4reala(m): 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
You self, whybu allow greed override your sense of caution. Leave am, God go collect am back ft m her in a different way
Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by Vladtin: 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
4reala:
You self, whybu allow greed override your sense of caution. Leave am, God go collect am back ft m her in a different way
Not the matter of greed... I felt she was greedy asking for 1k for the code and i planned to collect the so called code then share it for free.. I don't use gtbank nor uba. I took the risk for others not for me.

The purpose of this thread is to warn people out there, the 1k i lost didn't pain me but the fraudulent act by her.. She offered to send the money back to me and i told her to keep it. some might trade their last 1k to get 10k and it's not fair.

Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by 4reala(m): 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
Vladtin:

Not the matter of greed... I felt she was greedy asking for 1k for the code and i planned to collect the so called code then share it for free.. I don't use gtbank nor uba. I took the risk for others not for me.

The purpose of this thread is to warn people out there, the 1k i lost didn't pain me but the fraudulent act by her.. She offered to send the money back to me and i told her to keep it. some might trade their last 1k to get 10k and it's not fair.
OK. Now, I come wish say na me get dat 1k now, for rush go buy my gas wey just finish dis morning. And acct bal. dey on the Nil
Re: New Scam Technique As Our Country Battles Covid-19 by ChristianNorth: 11:39am On Mar 31, 2020
4reala:
OK. Now, I come wish say na me get dat 1k now, for rush go buy my gas wey just finish dis morning. And acct bal. dey on the Nil
is this one another format?

(1) (Reply)

Art Exhibition In China Comparing Africans With Animals / Kodak’s Death: Autopsy Result Proves Clarence Peters Is Innocent / Two Newly Recruited Policemen In Oyo State Drowns While Chasing "Weed Smokers''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.