Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Rare House Designs In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rare House Designs In Nigeria (1136 Views)

Nigerian Modern House Designs / 3D House Designs / Top 5 Modern House Designs In Nigeria Right Now (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Investmentfreak: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
i have been to many states in Nigeria and I can’t find such houses , the houses in question are built from shipping containers.
Please I will like to know from the experts and professionals here why such houses are hard to find not minding the fact that it is cost effective, beautiful and can be easily relocated Incase there’s land dispute with government authorities.
This shipping containers can be used to build shops, offices and more.
I wonder why it’s underused in Nigeria.
Please ignore any grammatical errors !!

Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Investmentfreak: 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2020
Lalasticlala snakes can live under this containers too , please move it to the promise land grin

1 Like

Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by LeoThaGreat(m): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigeria has a very warm weather condition, and living in shipping containers will seem like an oven, especially since we don't have stable electricity in most places, neither are air-conditioning systems cheap. Hence why we shouldn't try this innovation.
I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Investmentfreak:
i have been to many states in Nigeria and I can’t find such houses , the houses in question are built from shipping containers.
Please I will like to know from the experts and professionals here why such houses are hard to find not minding the fact that it is cost effective, beautiful and can be easily relocated Incase there’s land dispute with government authorities.
I can build it for you if we reach an agreement, we come to your land and fabricate everything there.
It's not been introduced in Nigeria or let me say, minute set of people actually have it, basically as farm house
Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
Investmentfreak:
I can build it for you if we reach an agreement, we come to your land and fabricate everything there.
It's not been introduced in Nigeria or let me say, minute set of people actually have it, basically as farm house

1 Like

Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
LeoThaGreat:
Nigeria has a very warm weather condition, and living in shipping containers will seem like an oven, especially since we don't have stable electricity in most places, neither are air-conditioning systems cheap. Hence why we shouldn't try this innovation.
I stand to be corrected.
mbf is used to quote the inner so it absorb the heat.
You've seen container shops before isn't it,?
Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Investmentfreak: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
southniyikaye:

I will contact you when there’s a need for it, I will like to know the merits and demerits of such structures if you don’t mind sir.
Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Investmentfreak: 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
LeoThaGreat:
I stand to be corrected.

Solar options and like he said something is used to reduce the effects of the heat. I really love joe simple there are and will like to get one someday

1 Like

Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Investmentfreak: 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
southniyikaye:
Will it be as neat as the one in the picture? And can I get an estimate? Will it be a wise decision to use this as a commercial property to build hostels for students ?
Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by dawnomike(m): 8:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
The cost of shipping containers in Nigeria is enough for block work and carcass of the same size... It is not that economical.

1 Like

Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
Investmentfreak:

Will it be as neat as the one in the picture? And can I get an estimate? Will it be a wise decision to use this as a commercial property to build hostels for students ?
no it is not advisable to be used as hostels.
Maybe you just got A land and you are not buoyant financially you can just get this for the main time. It's just a temporary inler
Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by LeoThaGreat(m): 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
southniyikaye:
mbf is used to quote the inner so it absorb the heat.
You've seen container shops before isn't it,?
Yes I have, I just haven't stayed in one long enough to notice the heat level. I commented based on assumption.
But if it is as you say, I'm in full support of the innovation.

1 Like

Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Investmentfreak: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
southniyikaye:
no it is not advisable to be used as hostels.
Maybe you just got A land and you are not buoyant financially you can just get this for the main time. It's just a temporary inler

Okay thank you but I just saw pictures of it used as hostels in a developed country
Re: Rare House Designs In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
[quote author=Investmentfreak post=87866754]

Okay thank you but I just saw pictures of it used as hostels in a developed country [/quotel]using it as an hostel is feasible, but if you want to construct a room self contained with it, it is not feasible sir, it's just a waste of money.
because that's what you will get with a container and if you want to do face me I face you type, you will only get two rooms with no toilet or kitchen.
Still not advisable.
But if you know you can spend and thTs what you want, our job is to work with your directive

(1) (Reply)

Wat To Do When Buying Land In Ilorin, Ain't Familiar With Ilorin / *still Available* 2 & 3 Bedroom Fully Detached Bungalow+studio BQ At Ibeju Lekki / Please I Need A Decent 3 Bedroom Flat Around Okota Or Isolo Area For A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.