Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally (1298 Views)

Was Kanayo O Kanayo Right In Encouraging Igbos Not To Be Intimidated? / Bandits: We’ll Kill Train Passengers If FG Fails To Meet Our Demands / IPOB: We Will Lockdown South-East For One Month If FG Fails To Bring Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by 9jatriot(m): 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
Crude oil is currently hovering around $30, Cargo ship are at sea with no buyer even at that low price. Just imagine for a moment that with no sales and no dollar coming in we still depended on Thailand to eat our rice how very bad things would have been looking.

With many factories down in many parts of the world especially in Asia, it will not be wrong to assume that many of the rice factories will also start shutting down or are shut down. That would have meant that rice would have been difficult to import.

God works in mysterious ways, just a few months ago, the whole ECOWAS internet space was agog with the closure of the border so that our farmers can better enhance their production, who would have known that in a few months from then, we would have those same farmers and Nigerian factories to thank for their production. With the scarce forex on the horizon, the CBN will have one less product to burden themselves with in providing them with forex.

For those who take delight in wishing evil for their country, well, know that what ever evil you wish on your country can and will either affect you or at least your loved ones.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Jumlek2411: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
Actually it's a blessing in disguise for us.

4 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Duru9(m): 9:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
Yes it's blessings in disguise
Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Obrigardo: 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigeria leaders sometimes do things for their business partners interests but God's turns it around for the common man's good

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by APCNig: 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2020
Duru9:
Yes it's blessings in disguise

Not blessing in disguise. Buhari did not take the decision by mistake. He planned and executed his Agricultural strategy. Give honour to whom it is due.

The construction of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway and other infrastructure are not in disguise, they are result of careful planning and execution which your evil party PDP could not do for 16 years.

5 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Obrigardo: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
APCNig:

Hatred will kill you.

Just say thank you Buhari or shut the fucck up before thunder fires you

How can you detect hatred over the internet? Only someone with an hateful heart can conceive that someone is hating. I'm not, it's the truth or don't we know the private companies who are dining the most on that policy? Hypocrite

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Diiet: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
But alot still needs to be done about rice we producing here,there is no way you'll eat Nig rice without crushing tiny stones with your teeth

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by APCNig: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
Obrigardo:

How can you detect hatred over the internet? Only someone with an hateful heart can conceive that someone is hating. I'm not, it's the truth or don't we know the private companies who are dining the most on that policy? Hypocrite

Just say "Thank you Buhari". If not for the forceful Agricultural strategy and revolution, by now that no Rice is coming from Asia because of Corona, what would you have been eating?

4 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Deputy1111(m): 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
People were shouting then for border closure, in fact I don't really know our problem in Nigeria, a government came up to develop our farmers just to have food surplus and boost our economy, but Nigeria will not embrace it, can you see it now..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by APCNig: 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2020
Diiet:
But alot still needs to be done about rice we producing here,there is no way you'll eat Nig rice without crushing tiny stones with your teeth

Yes my brethren, stones almost broke my teeth. But, if we don't start, how can we master it? We have started, gradually we will perfect it.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by IDeyNL: 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
Congregation of Zombies to masturbate after a long hiatus.

Those tweets by Imam of Peace really sent them to their rat-holes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Diiet: 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2020
APCNig:

Yes my brethren, stones almost broke my teeth. But, if we don't start, how can we master it? We have started, gradually we will perfect it.
true.
Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by 9jatriot(m): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
I have bought like 3 varieties of bags of local rice, not once have I seen stones in any of them. Except you guys who speak about stones buy from those that are measured, perhaps I can agree because I also have one sweet Ekpoma rice that are not packaged like the others, that is the only one we had to pick stones from.

5 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by APCNig: 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
IDeyNL:

Imam of Piss who is your current saviour is from Iran. Corona Virus has killed several of his family members in Iran, but he is not concerned, rather he is concerned about Buhari who has caged and humiliated Corona through his assistants including State Governors.

Now, tell me, don't you think your Imam of Piss is mad? You hate all Muslims, but now, you love any Muslim that speaks against Buhari. You have mental problems.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
Our Nigeria is unlimited
Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Obrigardo: 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
APCNig:

Just say "Thank you Buhari". If not for the forceful Agricultural strategy and revolution, by now that no Rice is coming from Asia because of Corona, what would you have been eating?

You can't goad me to say that, sorry.
And you can't twist the truth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Obrigardo: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
APCNig:

Imam of Piss who is your current saviour is from Iran. Corona Virus has killed several of his family members in Iran, but he is not concerned, rather he is concerned about Buhari who has caged and humiliated Corona through his assistants including State Governors.

Now, tell me, don't you think your Imam of Piss is mad? You hate all Muslims, but now, you love any Muslim that speaks against Buhari. You have mental problems.

Lies
It was on this thread we all read that the governors are actually flouting the constitution with their lockdown because buhari is nowhere to be found. He is negligent and incompetent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by sapientia(m): 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigerians can hype failure eeh..

What did the border closure achieve.

Foreign rice still enter as before just costly.

Local rice is a mess just few that are processed well.

Without covid 19.

With covid 19.

That border closure was just stupidity with any plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by IDeyNL: 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
APCNig:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by IDeyNL: 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by AgentNairaland(f): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Stone Rice
Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by joyandfaith: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
He closed borders for rice and open border for corona.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by hargbolahan01: 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
the problem with most of you guys whenever someone criticize buhari as enemy of country.... how many people have you seen cursing the country but you always tied it with the country whenever they insult or criticize PMB

as for the rice....it was started with GEJ a long time ago when he signed sugar master plan and support rice production that make olam group and others to open rice in Nigeria and make FMN to state the construction of sunti sugar estate in niger state in 2012 and was commissioned by PMB in 2016 calling it his acheivement and that sugar estate has been closed because of buhari policy
Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by hargbolahan01: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
APCNig:

are you talking about buhari that is Misssed in action....if not because intelligent governors the country would have been overturn by corona virus.....if he is helping those governors we would not be having new cases everyday

he open land and air border for people to keep coming in with virus everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Ogegeodey(m): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
About the closure of the border on Rice imports, we all agreed that the president was right on point. That was an excellent policy and the benefit is very visible.

4 Likes

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Duru9(m): 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
APCNig:

Not blessing in disguise. Buhari did not take the decision by mistake. He planned and executed his Agricultural strategy. Give honour to whom it is due.

The construction of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway and other infrastructure are not in disguise, they are result of careful planning and execution which your evil party PDP could not do for 16 years.

I'm not here for this stupid banter

Grow up man

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by sweetsell: 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
Obrigardo:
Nigeria leaders sometimes do things for their business partners interests but God's turns it around for the common man's good

What a comment from a fool.
Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by sweetsell: 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
Diiet:

Stop buying the cheapeat of Nigeria rice. I bot lake rice years ago with no stones.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by 9jatriot(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
I reckon it is more than just being a blessing in disguise.
Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by Miracle1991: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
hargbolahan01:
the problem with most of you guys whenever someone criticize buhari as enemy of country.... how many people have you seen cursing the country but you always tied it with the country whenever they insult or criticize PMB

as for the rice....it was started with GEJ a long time ago when he signed sugar master plan and support rice production that make olam group and others to open rice in Nigeria and make FMN to state the construction of sunti sugar estate in niger state in 2012 and was commissioned by PMB in 2016 calling it his acheivement and that sugar estate has been closed because of buhari policy
The same time Corona start with GEJ abi? Children of hate.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If FG Was Not Proactive In Encouraging Production Of Rice Locally by CSTR2: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ebony rice from Ebonyi is the best among the local rice.
And they have been doing it consistently long before border closure.

God bless the people of ebonyi and the private investors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Is 8th Of May And Most Federal Agencies Haven't Received April Salary. / Former Bayelsa State Governor Celebrates Sanni Abacha And His Family / Africans Do NOT Hate Nigerians. This Is Just About Ghana And South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.