Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Where The Government Works - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where The Government Works (328 Views)

A Gold-mine Abandoned By The Government Of Nigeria! / Nigerian In UAE Seeking For The Government Of United Arab Emirates Intervention / 10 Traffic Laws In Lagos That The Government Failed To Enforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where The Government Works by agbojm(m): 8:58am On Mar 29, 2020
Good morning my brothers and sisters. Please i was moved to write this very short article because i was deeply touched by what i met here.
I recently moved to Abu Dhabi in UAE. Here you will actually see a working government and law abiding citizens.
Just last week as we were still thinking on what to do about house rent and how we are going to sustain ourselves during this period of lock down. We met a very big surprise at the front of the lifter. It states ( in summary) that do to the corona virus issues that we are not to pay house rent for Three months ( three months free rent) and to the glory of God the Government said that any person that the landlord asked to vacate the house because for none payment of house rent should call the police emergency number.
Just yesterday the Government of UAE gave out some numbers to call for those people who can't feed themselves during this period of lock down.
As i was going through there massages tears started to fall through my eyes because this is the people that we have the same natural resources . But sincerely speaking they are 50 years ahead of us

Re: Where The Government Works by agbojm(m): 8:59am On Mar 29, 2020
Hope that one day our government will change for the better
Re: Where The Government Works by queengift(f): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2020
Unlike Nigeria where food is now expensive
Re: Where The Government Works by Asquare84(m): 10:45am On Mar 29, 2020
Trust me if the Nigeria govt want to do the same policies this are likely outcome

(1) some people will even have enough food, but will still collect the little govt is willing to give out, for themselves, their children and relatives even when they will stock it in their house till it spoil

(2) on the aspect of rent, some tenant will not even pay their rent again sighting the letter from the govt
Re: Where The Government Works by Petyprincess(f): 11:27am On Mar 29, 2020
Nw this is a sane country with good government that understands the situation at hand!
It baffles me hw Nigerian government can be shouting "lock down" "stay at home" when we have people that have blue collar job that if you dnt work a day you cant make ends meet!!
Not everyone have the opportunity nd finacial ability to stock food home! Take a look at South Korea government they engage in their daily activities nd the virus keeps on reducing! How many landlords here can comply to this? All these landlords that already started calculating hw they will spend the money b4 the month/year is due sef grin
I princess will keep on saying that hunger is deadlier than this virus!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Busiest Land Transport Routes In Nigeria And Need For More Private Investors / m / Intl Flights: FG To Fine Airlines $3,500 Per Passenger For Non-compliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.