Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria (9772 Views)

Can The Iphone 15 Pro Max Price Buy Any Car In Nigeria? - Carmart.ng / Learn For FREE How You Can Easily Get AUTOCHECK VIN Report Of Any Car For FREE / Why You Need A VIN / History Report From CarGuideNG Before You Buy Any Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 9:29am On Mar 29, 2020
It is no longer new that customs are now outrightly seizing and impounding cars/vehicles with;

1. no customs duty
2. forged customs duty
3. underpaid customs duty

To avoid buying cars/vehicles having problem with either of the 3 items listed above or to avoid getting caught unaware assuming you already bought that with forged customs document that can no longer be legally paid at the moment that border has been officially closed by Federal Government, you must care to know the status of its customs duty.

To do that, you either;

1. Visit any nearby customs office and present to them C-number, port it was cleared and date it was cleared as stated on the customs document you have with you. Once they key the details into their system and if genuine, it will return the exact result of what you have on the document with you. You can ask them to print it out for you for future reference and also to check if the VIN of your vehicle is the exact one on the document they will print out for you.

2. Search for genuine individuals, businesses or companies that offer the service. Once you contact them, you will be asked to pay a fee usually not more than N5,000 into their bank account and as well send to them some details. Once you do, the result usually scanned copy would be sent to you via whatsapp or e-mail. Once you receive it, you can now compare it with what you have.

P.S: Make sure that the VIN of your car/vehicle is the exact one on the result they sent to you.

Warning: Do not include the VIN of your car/vehicle in the details you would send to them because they don't primarily need it.

If the details on the customs document you have, from where you gave them the details is reported to return no result, then your paper is most likely to be fake. If it returns VIN different from that of your car/vehicle, then either the VIN of your car/vehicle has been tampered with or the customs document is a forged one.

Don't make the mistake of buying a Nigerian or foreign used car/vehicle without carrying out proper customs duty verification on it because ignorance is not an excuse when it comes to law.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/how-to-verify-the-custom-duty-of-any-car-vehicle-in-nigeria.113

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:02am On Mar 29, 2020
Dear lalasticlala wink

I composed this write-up from A to Z purely by myself. I think it will be good for FP; please consider it. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by Fentanyl: 10:04am On Mar 29, 2020
[s]

legalwealth:
It is no longer new that customs are now outrightly seizing and impounding cars/vehicles with;

1. no customs duty
2. forged customs duty
3. underpaid customs duty

To avoid buying cars/vehicles having problem with either of the 3 items listed above or to avoid getting caught unaware assuming you already bought that with forged customs document that can no longer be legally paid at moment, you must care to know the status of its customs duty.

To do that, you either;

1. Visit any nearby customs office and present to them C-number, port it was cleared and date it was cleared as stated on the customs document you have with you. Once they key the details into their system and if genuine, it will return the exact result of what you have on the document with you. You can ask them to print it out for you for future reference and also to check if the VIN of your vehicle is the exact one on the document they will print out for you.

2. Search for genuine individuals, businesses or companies that offer the service. Once you contact them, you will be asked to pay a fee usually not more than N5,000 into their bank account and as well send to them some details. Once you do, the result usually scanned copy would be sent to you via whatsapp or e-mail. Once you receive it, you can now compare it with what you have.

P.S: Make sure that the VIN of your car/vehicle is the exact one on the result they sent to you.

Warning: Do not include the VIN of your car/vehicle in the details you would send to them because they don't primarily need it.

If the details on the customs document you have, from where you gave them the details is reported to return no result, then your paper is most likely to be fake. If it returns VIN different from that of your car/vehicle, then either the VIN of your car/vehicle has been tampered with or the customs document is a forged one.

Don't make the mistake of buying a Nigerian or foreign used car/vehicle without carrying out proper customs duty verification on it because ignorance is not an excuse when it comes to law.

https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/how-to-verify-the-custom-duty-of-any-car-vehicle-in-nigeria.113/

[/s]

misleading information

anybody charging 5000 for that is greedy when you can get it done for 2k sef

you need 3 things

C number

date the car was cleared

port it was cleared in whether O1TG or O1TC

the person will check customs database and send you the printout in pdf file

12 Likes

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by Exponental(m): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2020
Custom is just trying to rip us off. Why can't there be a short code to verify or better still, a site, insert VIN and confirm or other means that can aid perfection.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by Fentanyl: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2020
Exponental:
Custom is just trying to rip us off. Why can't there be a short code to verify or better still, a site, insert VIN and confirm or other means that can aid perfection.

welcome to naija

1 Like

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:09am On Mar 29, 2020
Misleading info because of "usually not more than N5,000" I said? grin

Anyways, for the benefit of those with pure heart and mind, "usually not more than N5,000" actually means that highest you can pay anyone or company for the verification is N5,000.

Depending on who you know, meet or where you go, you could even get your customs paper/document verified for N0 cool .

9 Likes

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Exponental:

That was also suggested to them even here in Abuja but they were giving excuses.

May be when this thread graces FP, concerned bodies and personnels could see this and take necessary actions.
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:17am On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:
Dear lalasticlala wink

I composed this write-up from A to Z purely by myself. I think it will be good for FP; please consider it. Thanks

Cc: Prof Seun
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by ForkDragnet: 10:24am On Mar 29, 2020
I lost my custom papers and I don't know the c-number, how can I get another printout pls?
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2020
ForkDragnet:
I lost my custom papers and I don't know the c-number, how can I get another printout pls?

If it is a valid one that was put on their system, the VIN of your car could be searched on their system. That is under maybe and if you must get through, it could be a very hectic process.

Better still, you could tell the person or dealer you bought it from as some of them normally have copies kept somewhere.
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by ForkDragnet: 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:

If it is a valid one that was put on their system, the VIN of your car could be searched on their system. That is under maybe and if you must get through, it could be a very hectic process.

Better still, you could tell the person or dealer you bought it from as some of them normally have copies kept somewhere.
I bought the car 2016 and I don't have the contact of the dealer anymore, I now live far away from the dealer's showroom, how can u help with the vin check, do you have anyone I can contact?
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
ForkDragnet:
I bought the car 2016 and I don't have the contact of the dealer anymore, I now live far away from the dealer's showroom, how can u help with the vin check, do you have anyone I can contact?

Alright.

But I will suggest you visit any nearby customs office to seek for help on that.

1 Like

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by promotervickky(m): 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nice one legalwealth
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
promotervickky:
Nice one legalwealth

Thanks
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
cool
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by valarinz: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:

Is that so?

Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
wink
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by Passionate888: 6:17am On Mar 30, 2020
Learning
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by sats: 7:42am On Mar 30, 2020
Informative
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2020
sats:
Informative

Thanks
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2020
Valid
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
cool
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
wink
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
okay
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
wink
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
tongue
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:34am On Apr 05, 2020
cool
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
wink
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
wink
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
cool
Re: How To Verify The Custom Duty Of Any Car/Vehicle In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 10:41am On Apr 10, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2007 Model Toyota Avalon Xls Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / Peugeot J5 Van Tokunbo / 2016 Lexus Nx300h N18m Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.