Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,725 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

Should Christians Bow Down To Their Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Bow Down To Their Pastors? (244 Views)

Men, Run Away From Women Who Worship Their Pastors / Meet Some Women At Home And In The Presence Of Their Pastors (Pictured) / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Bow Down To Their Pastors? by TruthHurts100: 9:45am On Mar 29, 2020
We see how people today reverend their pastors, bishops and evangelists. Is it wrong to respect these ones? No
Hebrew 13:17 says "Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you."

But when does submission or respect turns to worship?

Note that we are all equal in the eyes of God. Be you pastor or church worker.

See what happens between Apostle Peter and Cornelius in Act 10:25,26

" And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. 26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man."

Peter despite being an anointed follow of Christ refers to himself as "Just a man"

Are our daddy GOs today seeing themselves as just a man?

Why do many enjoy it so much to see their followers rolling on the Floor for them?

Is this the example set by the first Christians?

What do I know?

Guess what? I'm just a lover of God's word.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Who Held Service Despite Warning Dies Of COVID-19 / Top 10 Gods And Goddess Worship By The Ancient Egypt / In Response To A Brother's Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.