Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering (20017 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution / Churches, Mosques: Buhari, Governors Strike 5-Point Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by sarrki(m): 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
I know that your jobless life is affecting you since you were sack by BMC cheesy

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

Adaoweri

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Adaogwashi1(f): 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

Adaoweri
Double face cheesy

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Munzy14(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
NaijaMutant:

Tell that to Pastor Kyari, Pastor Elrufai and other Pastor positives. undecided
Everybody has an opinion, no matter how dumb they sound.
Frustration...grin
nairaland smartes with the best opinion...yeye

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Munzy14(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

You are one of the irredeemable brainwashed African
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by AmeLonRo(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Lastmankc(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:
Even if it will make me draw more bad blood I will say it iver and over again

Oyedepo is a bad example to his followers

He defy government order of stay at home

Enenche of dunamis is a medical doctor yet he defy

Sulele that called himself apostle says it’s 666 mark

Religion and politics is a curse to Africa
I think you are right here

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Image123(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8EuWSGr_4o

As at last week, people still gathered anyway. In markets, in banks, in the bus, in streets. So why not use the gathering opportunity to sensitize his members, pray for them and pump words of faith and hope into them?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by picoba(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
May God save us from this pandemic and the public figures acting like Anti-christ at all levels of governance.
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by BruncleZuma: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
Will they listen?
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Arcbox(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
All of you guys should continue talking trash...... If you like don't put your different opinion aside and adhere to instructions. We know what we saw in China here..... very soon all your eyes will see reality......We spend weeks in the rooms here in China. instead of all of you learn from history, you want history to repeat itself. goodluck to you all......I am very sad at attitude of Nigerians.
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by silibaba: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
NaijaMutant:

Yen yen yen

Religion is truly a curse to you no wonder you're unstable as the wind

Those pastors you've just mentioned are the reasons for the wide spread of the virus in Nigeria right undecided

The Pastors refused to close the borders while others were doing so. They also failed to tell Kyari and other returnees to self isolate.

Have there been any confirmed case that was linked to congregating with those pastors undecided

You've found your usual targets of attack.

Oh foolish and faithless generation, who has bewitched you?

A pastor has just issued a coronavirus warning this week after he, his wife and more than 30 others connected to their church contracted the deadly virus.

Rev. Mark Palenske who described his experience in a long Facebook post said that he had nausea, aches and fatigue alongside his wife, Dena Palenske.

While giving numbers, Donald Shipp, of First Assemblies of God Church in Greers Ferry, told Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that thirty-four people contracted the virus after attending an event at Palenske’s church earlier this month.

He added that other visitors were still awaiting test results.

Palenske wrote on his Facebook page, “When something like this [COVID]-19 virus touches the other side of the world, your first inclination is to assume that time and distance are on your side. That false assumption caught up with Dena and I this past week.”

Palenske also thanked his supporters and medical workers, and urged unity and compassion among his fellow citizens amid the outbreak.

“First of all, your prayers for Dena and I, our church, our community and our country are much appreciated,” Palenske wrote. “Secondly, I would love to have you take this medical threat more seriously.

NYPostreports that Palenske also described the struggles he faced before he could get tested. He said that he only got tested for COVID-19 after more than two dozen people linked to the church were found to have the illness.

“We were definitely sick, but the testing was not available,” he wrote. “Not for us, and not for dozens in the church.”

Palenske said he “pushed the envelope” and eventually found a doctor who had a few commercial tests.

The pastor also urged his followers to heed the instructions of health authorities on social distancing and hand-washing.

“We must keep the affected population to as a low a number as possible,” he wrote. “Our singular act of stubborn independence can have far-reaching effects on someone else’s life.”

Palenske also asked his followers to pray for the medical personnel treating people who have contracted the coronavirus.

“I remember the two nurses who met us out in the parking lot the day that we were tested,” he said. “Their world changed in a single moment, and they stood tall to the challenge… They are doing their best, not only to help us return to our lives and our families, but to help them return to theirs, as well.”

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/aeb46913cd44fd59b4d9e761d43f9cea?client=news
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by dazzlingd(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
NaijaMutant:

I'd rather be irredeemable to foolishness and your warped definition of redemption.

I'm redeemed by His Grace.

Just keep shut...ur daddy go that is drinking tea with god that cant ask God for cure.....stupid old agbaya lying and scamming brainwashed gullible sleepless like u
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Igwe35: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

You lie big time.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Ezmans: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

they are not happy bcs covid19 doesn't allow all of them to make more money like tithe, first fruits, seed, offerings, 70percent returns from all branches, monthly surviving seeds miracle offerings etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by SharpJoe: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mrs. Iweala will not warn that Nigeria must start testing in large number. It is public gathering that is their problem.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by kelvin21887(m): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Imagine one person with covid-19 in your church congregation......and eventually makes contact with members of that same church congregation.....the church have only succeeded by that means in sending those church member to heaven in less than a month time

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
NaijaMutant:

Yen yen yen

Those pastors you've just mentioned are the reasons for the wide spread of the virus in Nigeria right undecided

The Pastors refused to close the borders while others were doing so. They also failed to tell Kyari and other returnees to self isolate.

Have there been any confirmed case that was linked to congregating with those pastors undecided

God bless your thoughtfulness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by pstjoga: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
What is your problem with pastors?
Those who gathered at markets, wedding parties, mosques, birthday party, award nights etc are there and you can't speak against them.
The bad news for you is that the body of Christ will overcome you as your evil Lord's who have sent you.
When pastors are mentioned your brains begins to work.
Do you have any idea what gave them the backing to hold those services? Ignorance displayed here�
sarrki:

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Bukati2: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
please send to as many people as you can. You can save a life.

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

Pastors, Pastors, Pastors, ... All the time.
Only "Pastors" comes to your deluded mind. What of Imams, Market women & men, Politicians and Individuals that are doing worse? May God deliver your soul from hell and destruction. May he cure your heart of hatred for Christians, Christianity and Christendom in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Glink2018(m): 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

I know you are one of these Islamic vagabonds. Never-do-well. You know how to point accusing fingers on the Christian leaders who defy govt order but you turn your blind eyes and deaf ears to some of your Islamic scallywags who bent on putting the lives of their followers in danger.
Last Friday, various mosques are still filled to the brim as usual. Perverse and bond and uncircumcised generation

Oloshi omo.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Bukati2: 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
please spread the word to your friends and network. you can save a life.

Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Kuginzi: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
NaijaMutant:

Yen yen yen

FACT: Pastors and Politicians are birds of d same feather.
All they are after is your MONEY!! Sincerely speaking, the only reason pastors defy stay at home order is because they dont want to miss the opportunity of the offerings and Tithe (10%) of every Church member. Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop. Yeh yeh people.
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
pstjoga:
What is your problem with pastors?
Those who gathered at markets, wedding parties, mosques, birthday party, award nights etc are there and you can't speak against them.
The bad news for you is that the body of Christ will overcome you as your evil Lord's who have sent you.
When pastors are mentioned your brains begins to work.
Do you have any idea what gave them the backing to hold those services? Ignorance displayed here�

There are big ministries in US . We have religious sites in Israel. The Scripture is universal. There is no any anointing or scriptural verses that give pastors an audacity to hold services in Nigeria that is not available in US, Germany or Israel except poverty.

Those mentioning Churches have their opinions. We as Christians must concern ourselves with Church as obeying constituted authority as stated in Bible.

Nothing gives any pastor backing to hold services in Nigeria while the same is not available abroad except poverty.
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Dollabiz: 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
We know
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Centcanada: 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
Thanks a lot our able mother Ngozi and leave other talks for Daura family to complete because ever since you this house, the Daura family refuse to sweep the house but what they knew so well is to carry Ghana must go to loot out treasury dry but now, we are facing covid 1-9 as the president jubril called it last time and we do not know what to do but to isolate and stay indoors as advice by the wise ones but please help us to advice them that the eye when day cry some times day see ooo. We will adhere for the sake of lives. And that All the money donates by good people of this great nations where is it? How can the poor manage? How can the market women survive? Numerous question to ask but few for now.
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Centcanada: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Thanks a lot our able mother Ngozi and leave other talks for Daura family to complete because ever since you leave this house, the Daura family refuse to sweep the house but what they knew so well is to carry Ghana must go to loot out treasury dry but now, we are facing covid 1-9 as the president jubril called it last time and we do not know what to do but to isolate and stay indoors as advice by the wise ones but please help us to advice them that the eye when day cry some times day see ooo. We will adhere for the sake of lives. And that All the money donates by good people of this great nations where is it? How can the poor manage? How can the market women survive? Numerous question to ask but few for now.
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Saao(m): 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
sarrki:

what about mosques in benue on friday and last week in most northern states? some of u hate anything Christians. its bad with christians and must also be condemn with ur muslims brothers as well.
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Odion2016(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
She came late to the scene joor
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Poske95(m): 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
Congregated?! We never really did, it's only in the name of what so called elitist folks like you created.
Church, mosques, then where, at parties where the lowers come marvel at your so called new money.
This quagmire is reflection. You're all saying don't congregate because of the fear of that certainty to befall your kind?
We're black people, but our sense of racial segregation is worse that the white who do not see theirs as so bad after all.
It's coming
If you want to help, congregate with your kind and start thinking a way out for the real problem is when this batch of disaster is over
Re: Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
Has she become a qualified epidemiologist now? The only people whose advice I want to hear concerning the coronavirus are the medical experts. When we want financial advice we will seek out Mrs Okonjo-Iweala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lekki Tollgate CCTV Video Watched By Lagos #endsars Judicial Panel Of Enquiry / Adebanjo: Igbo Billionaires Are Not Giving Peter Obi Financial Support / Biafra: Referendum Posters Flood Major SE/SS City's(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.