Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Do You Do When Your University Is Closed Due To Strike Action? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do You Do When Your University Is Closed Due To Strike Action? (489 Views)

Walden University Is On My Neck. / Ooni Of Ife Intervenes In OAU Crisis, Workers Suspend Strike Action . / Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your University Is Closed Due To Strike Action? by boseko: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2010
It seems that strike action is now a common thing in our institutions. In fact, someone said he's no longer bothered because it's a normal thing.
Another friend said something that touched me. He said that he's sure that he will graduate someday. So, he's not bothered by strike but rather uses the period to follow and develop his other passions (music, management, business etc.). While this may seem like a fatalistic approach, it is actually admirable. Just consider countless other students who whild away their time doing basically nothing. Watching movies, playing games, chatting, traveling etc. Very few can give account of values, skills, knowledge, connection, money etc. gained during the months spent out of school.
The results are many: declining desire to learn, reduced values, increased criminal activity, reduced standard of education to mention but a few.
I would continue this later but i want to know what you do during strike actions especially prolonged ones.
Re: What Do You Do When Your University Is Closed Due To Strike Action? by Kadata(m): 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
simply wait for the baboons'them' to call it off

(1) (Reply)

Utme Biometric Fingerprint Registration. / 5subjects Now Minimum 4waec,neco&nabteb Registn. / Travel, Study, Work Abroad. Www.psgnltd.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.