Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

The United states Will Not Intervene! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The United states Will Not Intervene! (780 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Okorocha Appeals To Buhari To Intervene / Buhari Will Not Intervene In Saraki’s Matter- Presidency / PDP Raises Alarm Over Fresh Plot To Remove Fayose; Begs Buhari To Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The United states Will Not Intervene! by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2010
I have sat back and read countless and numerous threads about  the US intervening in Nigeria if there is a crisis here. I am sorry to burst the bubble but the US WILL NOT INTERVENE. Their congress would never allow the president send troops to Nigeria because of what? Would we be the only country in chaos? In iraq they had to lie with WMD, in Afghanistan they said they wanted to pursue Osama bin laden, what is the business of the American people in Nigeria? These wars have cost America huge amounts of money and china has sat back and laughed their arse off, now america has serious debt issues a failing economy and some of you think they would commit american lives to come and intervene here? PUHLEEEEZE!

So can we carry on our discussions without saying US invasion is imminent, GEJ or not life would continue in this country if our brothers in the north decide to blow themselves up, we would just be tagged like another somalia. Shikena!
Re: The United states Will Not Intervene! by hakanai(m): 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

I have sat back and read countless and numerous threads about  the US intervening in Nigeria if there is a crisis here. I am sorry to burst the bubble but the US WILL NOT INTERVENE. Their congress would never allow the president send troops to Nigeria because of what? Would we be the only country in chaos? In iraq they had to lie with WMD, in Afghanistan they said they wanted to pursue Osama bin laden, what is the business of the American people in Nigeria? These wars have cost America huge amounts of money and china has sat back and laughed their arse off, now america has serious debt issues a failing economy and some of you think they would commit american lives to come and intervene here? PUHLEEEEZE!

So can we carry on our discussions without saying US invasion is imminent, GEJ or not life would continue in this country if our brothers in the north decide to blow themselves up, we would just be tagged like another somalia. Shikena!

reason i like people like you, is because you state the obvious. We either fix it or suffer for it.I am from the north and would love to live in peace with any of my southern brothers.I pray also that the relationship is strengthen and not destroyed Insha Allah.May the enemies of the state fail and may the will of the people for lasting peace prevail.But If the will of the people points to separation, i hope it is done peacefully.!!!!
Re: The United states Will Not Intervene! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
I WONDER WHY NO SORT OF RELIGIOUS VIOLENCE OR TRIBAL VIOLENCE IS EVER RECORDED IN ADAMAWA, WHICH HAS A SIMILAR RELIGIOUS GROUP, POPULATION AND DIVERSITY AS PLATEAU?

AS IT IS OFTEN SEEN, THE CLASHES USUALLY COMMENCES BETWEEN FULANI CATTLE REARERS AND RURAL FARMERS AND SPILLS OVER INTO THE TOWNSHIP AND CITIES.

THE FULANI CATTLE GUYS IN ADAMAWA ARE NO DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO VIOLATION OF FARM LANDS WITH THEIR CATTLE, BUT THERE ARE HARDLY ANY SCUFFLES AND PEACE NORMALLY REIGNS AFTER ANY ERR RECORDED.

I BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN UNDERTONES IN JOS AND PLATEAU STATE AS A WHOLE, THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH SUCH HAPPENINGS (AS IS SEEN IN ADAMAWA STATE). THE SITUATION IN PLATEAU DEFINITELY NEEDS CRITICAL SCRUTINY.
Re: The United states Will Not Intervene! by cap28: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
The US WILL intervene if their economic interests ie access to the oil reserves are jeopardised, they have already deployed naval warships off the coast of guinea so it wont be too big a deal for them, those ship have missile launchers which can be effectively launched and used to bomb targets of up to 50 miles or more, thereby reducing the probability of US casualities, if these fail to hit the desired targets they can use unmanned drones which can wreak just as much havoc.

Full scale intervention by US troops ie deployment of ground troops will only happen if there is armed resistance from nigerian troops or civiilans which i think is highly unlikely.
Re: The United states Will Not Intervene! by Omenani(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
The United States will intervene if their oil supplies are impacted. We all know the Carter Doctrine will come into affect. Why do you think AFRICOM was created? It was created to secure the natural resources found in Africa. The Niger Delta is critical to the United States strategic interest.
Re: The United states Will Not Intervene! by Beaf: 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
The US already patrols Nigerian waters, it has been so since Yar Adua's time. The dumb arse signed away our sovereignty after drinking copious amounts of oyibo tea in the White House. He thought it would make the US subdue the Niger Delta on his behalf, only to come home and deny what had been announced in the US already when he realised that all he got was useless tea. We dealt with this issue extensively during Yar Adua's time.

Make no mistake about it, the US will land jackboots the moment the ND and their oil interests are threatened by anybody born of woman.

Re: The United states Will Not Intervene! by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

The US already patrols Nigerian waters, it has been so since Yar Adua's time. The dumb arse signed away our sovereignty after drinking copious amounts of oyibo tea in the White House. He thought it would make the US subdue the Niger Delta on his behalf, only to come home and deny what had been announced in the US already when he realised that all he got was useless tea. We dealt with this issue extensively during Yar Adua's time.

Make no mistake about it, the US will land jackboots the moment the ND and their oil interests are threatened by anybody born of woman.

Wishful thinking, they aint doing nada! Especially not in the form of armed combat, do you think its sellotape they will use to join blown pipelines? I aint gonna argue its just my opinion.
Re: The United states Will Not Intervene! by Beaf: 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Wishful thinking, they aint doing nada! Especially not in the form of armed combat, do you think its sellotape they will use to join blown pipelines? I aint gonna argue its just my opinion.

I think you didn't read what I wrote properly. The US is not interested in attacking MEND or any militants as Yar Adua got to learn after it was too late. However, the US point of view can be seen from the full blown military exercise they carried out, should Nigeria run into trouble in 2015. Their main interest and how it would be protected in the event was made totally clear; they would send in forces to secure the oil. It is straightforward to read that as they would partition Nigeria.

You can find the full document on the AFRICOM website, just search.

The US doesn't model war scenario's for nothing.

(1) (Reply)

President Told To Cut Government Costs For Survival Of Nation / Wikileaks Documentary Trailer ( Video ) / Sanusi Is My Man Anytime Any Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.