Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? (1707 Views)

Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Afenifere: Printing More Naira Notes To Fight Coronavirus Is Irresponsible / Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by BUHARIGOQUENCH: 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Because it is a senseless thing to say
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

Your statement is incoherent.

What is it with Nigerians and inferiority complex?

The rest of the world has been more damaged by this Coronavirus yet they are printing money.

Just this past week, we could see the US seeking medical practitioners from around the globe, this is to tell you the shortfall they are having and if the healthcare industry is so damaged, believe me, other sectors are suffering.

In 2 weeks of Coronavirus they have 3.3 million newly unemployed people, yet you underestimate your own country.

This is your opportunity to join the production train.

The world is reshaping in a way never before witnessed and largely unforeseen.

If there was a society that needed more money in the hand of its citizens, Nigeria would be it.

All of Europe and US saw a swooping of household items as the virus was approaching, in Nigeria, people had no money to stock up.
people were trying to stock up on garri yesterday and the price in Delta went from ₦600 to ₦1200.
you can't stock up because your naira is valueless.
the same ₦1200 you use in buying 1 paint of garri here in Nigeria is what the US is planning to use in bailing out their citizens.....$1200.

you know we depend on other countries for food? just wait till you take that more money you are asking for and come back with little
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by danilmo: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Herdsmen:
Tinubu is forcing himself to be noticed .. the cabal has sailed long ago..
a ship that has sailed cannot do a 360 for a jonzin being.

Questions
Why is he not carried along.. forget Yoruba hype on their oracle.

Where’s Osibanjo?

Where are his boys in Apc governments.. they’ve been sidelined long ago..

Kyari loyal Yoruba lord and savior .. and the yorubas knew this and hate kyari with absolute passion.

But still it changes nothing.
Op if you’re in the know..
your question ain’t relevant.

Chai. This one go wail tire o, till 2023,

lol. Tinubu don do this one shege..

meanwhile , tinubu understand there are people like u so he has planned how to deal with ur 1vote . u can't u see as he left u irrelevant with no option thàn to wail??.. lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
prices are still okay in US even with the announcement that more money will be printed.
price are already going up in Nigeria. you need a situation where there is more money and lesser things to buy?

other countries are printing more money to bail out their cash-starved citizens not to inflate the system.

what do you plan to do with the printed cash? you print more money because countries with a stable economy , good plan are printing?

That is exactly what Nigeria will be doing also. The concern is for the continuous production of food, essential goods and service inside Nigeria to get the country through a period within which many Nigerians will not be earning any income.

In fact the loss of income is a good example of the need to print more money. Employer are simply sending workers away without pay because they do not have the money to pay them.

While Government can allow the seller of electronics at Alaba to send his staff home and close shop, it will be catastrophic if vital sectors, like agriculture, shut down because people have no cash to pay for farm produce.

Government cannot order farms to give their produce for free. If government had to pay farmers directly, on behalf of Nigerians, they would have to print money to do this also!!! When this is done it becomes a handout system that erodes confidence in the buying and selling loop. All-importance confidence which may not return long after we have gone past the worst stage of the pandemic!!!

Why then not give the money to Nigerian so the buying and selling loop retains the confidence of buyers and sellers to ensure continuity till we get past the worst?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
people were trying to stock up on garri yesterday and the price in Delta went from ₦600 to ₦1200.
you can't stock up because your naira is valueless.
the same ₦1200 you use in buying 1 paint of garri here in Nigeria is what the US is planning to use in bailing out their citizens.....$1200.

you know we depend on other countries for food? just wait till you take that more money you are asking for and come back with little

The garri that tou wanted to buy yesterday was made in Nigeria.

Many of you said hunger would kill when the president shut the borders to cargo a few months ago, yet that hunger hasn't come.

We even have Covid-19 stalling the import of various other goods yet the hunger hasn't surfaced.

If you had been a producer this period of increment on the same products would have favoured you.

My friend go and produce.

Your role in society is not to look for the negative in your country but to contribute to the positive.

I thought this Coronavirus issue would make Nigerians become more understanding that the world is filled with their equals, yet day after day all I see is worship of foreign lands.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

And easier to to make 1 yen than 1 dollar so what's the issue?
Japan GDP is more than $4.9t compare to your own that is just a paltry $446b.

their foreign reserve is about $1.3t
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by BUHARIGOQUENCH: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Coz it's irrelevant just like his useless son bbqgrills

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
Japan GDP is more than $4.9t compare to your own that is just a paltry $446b.

their foreign reserve is about $1.3t

That's because your contribution to the GDP is too low.

Increase your contribution.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

The garri that tou wanted to buy yesterday was made in Nigeria.

Many of you said hunger would kill when the president shut the borders to cargo a few months ago, yet that hunger hasn't come.

We even have Covid-19 stalling the import of various other goods yet the hunger hasn't surfaced.

If you had been a producer this period of increment on the same products would have favoured you.

My friend go and produce.

Your role in society is not to look for the negative in your country but to contribute to the positive.

I thought this Coronavirus issue would make Nigerians become more understanding that the world is filled with their equals, yet day after day all I see is worship of foreign lands.
I work and also own a farm.
this inflation does not favor anyone.
even if you sell at a high price, you will still need to buy at inflated.

there is no positive in printing more money for a push and start economy
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
I work and also own a farm.
this inflation does not favor anyone.
even if you sell at a high price, you will still need to buy at inflated.

there is no positive in printing more money for a push and start economy

Good thing you farm

Increase your productivity.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

That's because your contribution to the GDP is too low.

Increase your contribution.
is this all you can come up with? childish trolling?
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
is this all you can come up with? childish trolling?

That's not trolling.

It's a fact.

You can as well ask me to increase my productivity.

It's a national issue.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
candidtalk:

That is exactly what Nigeria will be doing also. The concern is for the continuous production of food, essential goods and service inside Nigeria to get the country through a period within which many Nigerians will not be earning any income.

In fact the loss of income is a good example of the need to print more money. Employer are simply sending workers away without pay because they do not have the money to pay them.

While Government can allow the seller of electronics at Alaba to send his staff home and close shop, it will be catastrophic if vital sectors, like agriculture, shut down because people have no cash to pay for farm produce.

Government cannot order farms to give their produce for free. If government had to pay farmers directly, on behalf of Nigerians, they would have to print money to do this also!!! When this is done it becomes a handout system that erodes confidence in the buying and selling loop. All-importance confidence which may not return long after we have gone past the worst stage of the pandemic!!!

Why then not give the money to Nigerian so the buying and selling loop retains the confidence of buyers and sellers to ensure continuity till we get past the worst?

employers are not sending them away because there is no money. they are sending them away because there is no value in keeping them
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

Good thing you farm

Increase your productivity.
I am satisfied with what I am doing without a functioning government.

the government printing more money for handout will only favor lazy jobless people. to them more money solve their whole problem.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

That's not trolling.

It's a fact.

You can as well ask me to increase my productivity.

It's a national issue.
it is the job of government to attract necessary foreign investment to boost the GDP.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
it is the job of government to attract necessary foreign investment to boost the GDP.

So which foreign investment did the US attract to boost GDP?
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by LegendHero(m): 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
employers are not sending them away because there is no money. they are sending them away because there is no value in keeping them

I have a question. Will those employees be paid salaries by the employers after sending them away?

If no, how will the employees be able to get food and take care of their families if this pandemic continues for let’s say 4months?
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
I am satisfied with what I am doing without a functioning government.

the government printing more money for handout will only favor lazy jobless people. to them more money solve their whole problem.

You mean as the UK is doing for those on the dole or as Ameica does for those on welfare?

You mean as the US is doing for those on furlough or unemployed today?
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

You mean as the UK is doing for those on the dole or as Ameica does for those on welfare?

You mean as the US is doing for those on furlough or unemployed today?
we don't have the economy to give handouts to lazy unproductive people. hope you know the GDP of US?
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

I have a question. Will those employees be paid salaries by the employers after sending them away?

If no, how will the employees be able to get food and take care of their families if this pandemic continues for let’s say 4months?
government can support them but not by printing more cash.

most countries are suspending infrastructural project, channeling funds to important sectors
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:

we don't have the economy to give handouts to lazy unproductive people. hope you know the GDP of US?

And I keep referring to your productivity if that is your issue.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

So which foreign investment did the US attract to boost GDP?
is this a joke? some countries investment in the US in bigger than your annual GDP
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by LegendHero(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
government can support them but not by printing more cash.

most countries are suspending infrastructural project, channeling funds to important sectors

Sorry o. I’m just trying to get some things straight.

If government support the businesses by giving aid to manufacturing and agricultural companies, what money will the people (furloughed and unemployed) purchase goods and services with to keep the economy running.

Unless you’re saying the government will be paying those companies to serve the people free of charge. In agriculture for example, the government will pay farmers to distribute foods free of charge to the people for four month.

The above means that people with money won’t even need to spend it because we will all be dependent on the free food from the government which can in itself make money lose its value as a legal tender and less motivation to acquire it.

God forbid, In 4 months time, of this things persists, there might be anarchy coz poor people won’t have a choice than to go out and scavenge for food in any wicked way they can amass.

I’m not saying printing of money is the optimal solution too tho, but we Nigerians don’t always subject critical issues to debate. We just shut down people and have the culture of comparison to the develop nations without factoring in the fact that we sometimes have to solve issues in an unconventional way if need be.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

And I keep referring to your productivity if that is your issue.
those who need handouts should increase their productivity
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
is this a joke? some countries investment in the US in bigger than your annual GDP

Yes, but US already had a buoyant economy upon which others sought to invest.

Just like your governors see houses in Jamaica but they prefer to purchase houses in Malibu.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Sorry o. I’m just trying to get some things straight.

If government support the businesses by giving aid to manufacturing and agricultural companies, what money will the people (furloughed and unemployed) purchase goods and services with to keep the economy running.

Unless you’re saying the government will be paying those companies to serve the people free of charge. In agriculture for example, the government will pay farmers to distribute foods free of charge to the people for four month.

The above means that people with money won’t even need to spend it because we will all be dependent on the free food from the government which can in itself make money lose its value as a legal tender and less motivation to acquire it.

God forbid, In 4 months time, of this things persists, there might be anarchy coz poor people won’t have a choice than to go out and scavenge for food in any wicked way they can amass.

I’m not saying printing of money is the optimal solution too tho, but we Nigerians don’t always subject critical issues to debate. We just shut down people and have the culture of comparison to the develop nations without factoring in the fact that we sometimes have to solve issues in an unconventional way if need be.
the government will support them on the terms that, they won't sack workers.
there was already enough cash in circulation.

how will printing more money solve the problem?
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

Yes, but US already had a buoyant economy upon which others sought to invest.

Just like your governors see houses in Jamaica but they prefer to purchase houses in Malibu.
the government should come with policies that are favourable to investors.

Singapore was able to build a nice economy by coming up with policies that favor investors.

infact 0% of their GDP comes from the agricultural sector. about 75.2% of their economy comes from the service sector.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
the government should come with policies that are favourable to investors.

Singapore was able to build a nice economy by coming up with policies that favor investors.

infact 0% of their GDP comes from the agricultural sector. about 75.2% of their economy comes from the service sector.

Provide examples of these policies you would like to see introduced.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

Provide examples of these policies you would like to see introduced.
freedom of speech, less corruption, open market and probusiness policies.

that is how Singapore was able to attract foreign investment
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
freedom of speech, less corruption, open market and probusiness policies.

that is how Singapore was able to attract foreign investment

You know you haven't said anything.
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

You know you haven't said anything.
we lack those policies in Nigeria
Re: Why Didn't Buhari Say Anything About Printing More Naira As Suggested By Tinubu? by rusher14: 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lostz:
we lack those policies in Nigeria

Singapore: does this remind of you of somewhere?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria, Chad Agree To Sustain Tempo Over Boko Haram’s Defeat / The Former Nsukka Wheel Barrow Local Government Chairlady, Just Died Today / New Update: Second Niger Bridge Onitsha- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.