Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:14 PM

Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? (3525 Views)

Pre-order, Import and Ship Vehicles from the US and Germany at Competitive Rates / I Want To Buy A Car In Cotonou - How To Import Cars From Cotonou To Nigeria / Get This Zero Mile Import And Ship Ready Full Option 2016 Toyota Prado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by uchman(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2020
damoche64:
You may be right with your assertion but business world in Nigeria is really difficult especially if you are new to it. Business men in those places u mentioned will want to reap u off that you will not even get your investment back except u are very familiar or part of that business in Nigeria. I'm interested in vehicles part sometime but pull out when I listen to others experience with the sellers. Let me pchat u 2 get ur view & share from your experience.

Everything has a procedure...
You must first develop interest in what you want to do,
then look for a way to learn it and this is the most important...

You are not learning it as if you want to open a shop...
No, you learn the fundamental and others will follow as the business progresses...

I lived outside Nigeria for years with permanent resident,
I decided to come home and learn this business and since then,
I will only spend 2 months outside Nigeria and come back waiting for my container...

The best part of it is that there are buyers waiting with cash and within 3 days you are done and off to your house awaiting next trip.

Note that you must bring out time to learn the business because everything has a sacrifice...

3 Likes

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by MarkGud(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2020
uchman:

No, you learn the fundamental and others will follow as the business progresses...

I will only spend 2 months outside Nigeria and come back waiting for my container...

The best part of it is that there are buyers waiting with cash and within 3 days you are done and off to your house awaiting next trip.

Note that you must bring out time to learn the business because everything has a sacrifice...

Thank your for this and if I may ask, what's the min amount required and what can someone in Germany send for quick purchase in Nigeria.
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by uchman(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2020
MarkGud:

Thank your for this and if I may ask, what's the min amount required and what can someone in Germany send for quick purchase in Nigeria.

Why I did not mention Germany was because they drive Audi, Volks and Mercedes...

I deal on Japanese only...

You will need to come to Nigeria or send someone to ladipo, precisely to the people that deals on German spec of used parts...

He only need to frequent there for like 2 weeks and mingle with the shop or garage dealers,
they will be willing to tell him all the secret as long as if your container comes in, they will help you to sell...

Money to start the business is never a problem as long as you resides in the country of purchase...

If you send only one engine for instant, there are buyers,
send 1million engine, there are still buyers...

All you will need to do is to check the shipping method where you are because in some countries you can do groupage(Merging your goods with other people's goods in the same container) and some countries you can not...

3 Likes

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by dru23(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
contumely2:
We have many cars in Nigeria but no sales. Despite selling close to cost price, just to have turnover. Tens of millions tied down.
Everything is dull.

What else can we import? I have someone in New York.

It's getting me frustrated.
Please contribute.

mancala
erico2k2
egunmogaji2
dru3

franknetter

mikkyangel babaisaac
lionlee216

I understand your pain.. Car business is a very frustrating business. Have been there and done that..

In my own case I diversify into uber business and importation of engine oil ..

Uber business is up and down ,sidways in terms of profit margin ..it is a cash flow business and the most importantly type of cars to use .. My advice to investors is not to run more than they can handle..

The importation of engine oil has been very encouraging.. This is a niche market and you have to put time in marketing the product... so my advice to you is to sit down and think about what you really want to do next . It is not easy at all, but whatever you decide to do be ready for the challenges , you might fail couple times before you finally get it rite..

Have been in your shoes and I can relate to your frustrations very well , too far and you even sound like me self...
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by radautoworks: 12:37am On Apr 01, 2020
contumely2:
We have many cars in Nigeria but no sales. Despite selling close to cost price, just to have turnover. Tens of millions tied down.
Everything is dull.

Please contribute.

mancala
erico2k2
egunmogaji2
dru3

franknetter

mikkyangel babaisaac
lionlee216

Are mattresses and pillows legal to import?
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by afoife: 2:27am On Apr 01, 2020
Following
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by radautoworks: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
I posted this elsewhere. Food is always needed. Just be smart about WHAT you farm. I get my veggies from the north and they are actually cheaper and fresher than stores here and the lady has a steady stream of clients and she does it all on Whatsapp. The order below was 35k and I order from here about once a month, sometimes more frequently and she has LOTS of us that do.

If you can produce just a couple of these items you will have steady costumers.

You do NOT need a business that relies on imports with the instability of our currency and the difficulties in getting currency out of the country. Trust me on this.

2 Likes

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by contumely2: 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
uchman:

You have been helpful.

Where do you buy things sir?
The US or Japan?

Uchman

Could you please open a thread about this like you promised elsewhere.
Or would you prefer I contact you in private?

Any help is needed. I don't mind paying for it.

2 Likes

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by contumely2: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
danmighty:
Go for mack trucks and you will be glad you did.

Can it sell faster than cars?
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by uchman(m): 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
contumely2:

You have been helpful.

Where do you buy things sir?
The US or Japan?

Uchman

Could you please open a thread about this like you promised elsewhere.
Or would you prefer I contact you in private?

Any help is needed. I don't mind paying for it.

Ok
Please give me few days I will open a thread and mention you...
You can still send me a message on my WhatsApp via the Nigerian number...
Regards

1 Like

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by contumely2: 11:25am On Apr 02, 2020
tnx
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by contumely2: 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
more inputs needed please
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by SocialJustice: 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
radautoworks:
I posted this elsewhere. Food is always needed. Just be smart about WHAT you farm. I get my veggies from the north and they are actually cheaper and fresher than stores here and the lady has a steady stream of clients and she does it all on Whatsapp. The order below was 35k and I order from here about once a month, sometimes more frequently and she has LOTS of us that do.

If you can produce just a couple of these items you will have steady costumers.

You do NOT need a business that relies on imports with the instability of our currency and the difficulties in getting currency out of the country. Trust me on this.
How do you market your goods after buying from the woman?
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by radautoworks: 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
SocialJustice:
How do you market your goods after buying from the woman?

I suggesting you BE the woman. I don't market. I eat grin
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by SocialJustice: 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
radautoworks:

I suggesting you BE the woman. I don't market. I eat grin
grin
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by contumely2: 1:23am On Apr 05, 2020
hi
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by ameristu: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
contumely2:
Everything is dull.

Please contribute.

A good bet is auto parts, knowing fully well that all the cars in Nigeria are eventually going to need replacement parts.
What you need to calculate is how much you buy the cars in the US and how much the individual parts cost in Lagos, that would give you an idea how much profit you can make.
If you have more questions and concerns you can whatsapp me on 070 30924817.

mancala
erico2k2
egunmogaji2
dru3

franknetter

mikkyangel babaisaac
lionlee216
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by contumely2: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2020
uchman:

Ok Please give me few days I will open a thread and mention you... You can still send me a message on my WhatsApp via the Nigerian number... Regards
Sir Uchman

1 Like

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by uchman(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
contumely2:

Sir Uchman

Regards my brother...
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by contumely2: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
uchman:

Regards my brother...
waiting for the thread oo

1 Like

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by uchman(m): 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
contumely2:

waiting for the thread oo

Oh!
I will try brother.
Opening new thread no dey easy for me...
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by Rupect: 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
Go into mgbuka that's auto parts used.

Look for Korea product. Hyundai and Kai parts quotes for me. Hyundai Santafe,2016-2019 model Kai sportage 2016-2019 model.
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by radautoworks: 1:16pm On May 12, 2020
contumely2, this is exactly why I told you to farm and stay away from anything requiring you to import. Most importers are dead in the water right now self included.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-12/nigeria-s-dollar-shortage-pushes-manufacturers-to-the-brink

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by radautoworks: 12:56am On May 31, 2020
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by ameristu: 7:15pm On May 31, 2020
Rupect:
Go into mgbuka that's auto parts used.

Look for Korea product. Hyundai and Kai parts quotes for me. Hyundai Santafe,2016-2019 model Kai sportage 2016-2019 model.

I can source the parts you mentioned for you at affordable prices. DM me whatsapp
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by armyofone(m): 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello EgunMogaji, how are you, hope doing well.

Please where exactly in Ibadan can one buy the used stuff you listed ?
Can you give me a name of market or plaza where i can get new TV, Deep freezer and fridge?

What's COVID 19 like in Ibadan?

EgunMogaji2:

I watch three companies in Ibadan that brings in cut up korope, used tv, fridge, bicycle, Micra, etc and they sell out as soon as they touch the ground. I’m talking about people almost getting into fights to buy them.

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by EgunMogaji2: 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
armyofone:
Hello EgunMogaji, how are you, hope doing well.

Please where exactly in Ibadan can one buy the used stuff you listed ?
Can you give me a name of market or plaza where i can get new TV, Deep freezer and fridge?

What's COVID 19 like in Ibadan?

The one worth mentioning is at Liberty Stadium junction at Oke Ado.

1 Like

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by armyofone(m): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Thank you...any name please so i can look it up online?

I thought liberty stadium is near dugbe ?

EgunMogaji2:

The one worth mentioning is at Liberty Stadium junction at Oke Ado.

1 Like

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by EgunMogaji2: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
armyofone:
Thank you...any name please so i can look it up online?

I thought liberty stadium is near dugbe ?

Dropped pin
Near Ward 5 Sw4, Ibadan
https:///maps/HA8qhof7goCvpL5y7
Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by armyofone(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Thank you. I'm unable to open it.
I will try again google search for stores in Ibadan.

EgunMogaji2:

Dropped pin
Near Ward 5 Sw4, Ibadan
https:///maps/HA8qhof7goCvpL5y7

1 Like

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by EgunMogaji2: 11:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
armyofone:
Thank you. I'm unable to open it.
I will try again google search for stores in Ibadan.

Just tell any Okada guy to lead your conveyance to Liberty Stadium junction at Oke Ado. The buildings are right next to the Oando gas station.

That was supposed to be a google map link but Nairaland is changing it angry

Dropped pin
Near Ward 5 Sw4, Ibadan

https:///maps/jQc8n4kejxTEn3AAA

Re: Cars Import And Sales Too Slow. What Else To Import From The USA? by armyofone(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
Thank you so much!!

EgunMogaji2:

Just tell any Okada guy to lead your conveyance to Liberty Stadium junction at Oke Ado. The buildings are right next to the Oando gas station.

That was supposed to be a google map link but Nairaland is changing it angry

Dropped pin
Near Ward 5 Sw4, Ibadan

https:///maps/jQc8n4kejxTEn3AAA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

VW 2.0 FSI Engine Available / Which Is Better, A 2001 Toyota Camry Or A 2002 Honda Babyboy / 2004 Mercedes "c" Class - Kompressor - Registered - SOLD !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.