Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off (22292 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Persists In Nigeria Almost One Year After Subsidy Removal / Fuel Sells For N400/litre In Abuja, Others, Scarcity Persists In Lagos / 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Makanakico(f): 10:37am On Mar 30, 2020
H
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Evercurious(f): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2020
iammo:

Stop Blaming Yorubas for the Vote casted by over 15 million Nigerians from North and South....

and quite frankly If Ibos with people like Berth Nnaji and Jonathan "Azikwe" hadn't Sold NEPA cheaply to Idiotic crimanls Called DISCOS we wouldn't be facing this crime against our pocket

Every time I pay those PDP scammers called NEPA , I lay Curse on PDP and its evil supporters

Pls say something else
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 30, 2020
Daily Trust checks have shown that the efforts by DisCos to provide metres for customers under the current Meter Assets Providers (MAP) scheme have been clogged by various hurdles that include the prevailing N1.7 trillion electricity market shortfalls and apparent complaints by DisCos over a 45 percent import duty on metering devices. 51% tariff hike looms, NERC mulls another hike after 9 months NERC last Monday concluded its tariff review consultations with the 11 DisCos and the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).

So basically , DISCOS can't give everyone a meter because

1.,They don't have the money...due to a 1.7 trillion naira shortfall....due largely to people not paying their bills

2.It's too expensive to import meters (though one thought we should be making the thing!)

The real problem is prices are virtually controlled by NERC...making it difficult for DISCOS and indirectly GENCOS to raise enough money to cover costs. Then there is the unrealistic expectation from consumers that DISCOS should give them meters for free....forgetting that DISCOS are not owned by government, but are private companies.

Nigerians need to tell themselves the truth. Either we are ready to accept electricity is expensive, or we get the power we pay for. You cannot pay N1000 for N10000 power supply....which is what we Nigerians are trying to do.

1 Like

Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by iammo(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2020
Evercurious:

Pls say something else

Atiku and Davidos father Adeleke are part of the beneficiary of PDP NEPA sales so please please and please go and meet them

1 Like

Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Godpikin4real(f): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2020
An unreasonable thing to do by an unreasonable government in such an unreasonable time.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by backnbeta(f): 10:43am On Mar 30, 2020
When other countries are giving their citizens a landing fortress during this pandemic! Anyways, this is the Nigeria 'they' wanted and now that they are getting it, I hope they can survive in it. When the sky falls, it falls on the poor masses, whether you voted for this government or not...we are in this together undecided
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Deepthoughts: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2020
zakim:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/tariff-hike-meter-scarcity-persists-2-days-to-policy-take-off.html
This issue of metres self,I have said it severally,all that need to be done is to reconstruct the old metre n the circuit breaker and enclose it in a box casing to make it temper proof simple, sometimes simple modification is better than drastic new changes,after all the old metre was not operationally defective.the so call digital prepaid metres are too expensive.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by BigBabyJesus: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:
Bigbabyjesus your thread on Big Pharma agents has been closed cheesy grin

Bro, they have been closing down any thread I make regarding Chloroquine as an effective drug. They even closed down a thread I did that highlighted alkaline use as an effective prophylactic in preventing the virus spreading from the mouth to the lungs.

I can tell you that the agents of this satanic govt have been mandated to close down any thread that provides alternative treatment and preventive measures for this pandemic.

I know why.

They have already keyed into Bill Gates' satanic vaccine and micro-chip implants.

Nigeria will be the testing ground for their mass sterilization and chipping experiment.

This govt deliberately did nothing to contain the spread on purpose.

They have sold us to Bill Gate and the Globalist agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Afolabimills(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2020
iammo:

Stop Blaming Yorubas for the Vote casted by over 15 million Nigerians from North and South....

and quite frankly If Ibos with people like Berth Nnaji and Jonathan "Azikwe" hadn't Sold NEPA cheaply to Idiotic crimanls Called DISCOS we wouldn't be facing this crime against our pocket

Every time I pay those PDP scammers called NEPA , I lay Curse on PDP and its evil supporters

u reason n speak tru ur anus
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Maranzano(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2020
There is a conspiracy to retain the estimated billing method to exploit consumers. Prepaid meters will sieve out corrupt practices in power revenue collection and outrageous bills given to consumers.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by iammo(m): 10:47am On Mar 30, 2020
Afolabimills:
u reason n speak tru ur anus

you just show the kind of woman that raised you and the gutter brothel you grew up learning to insult strangers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by willoski(m): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2020
This government of the federal republic of Nigeria is crazy, stupid and irresponsible
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Yabsun(m): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2020
Eriggs:
They told everyone to stay at home, but who the hell is at NEPA Office switching off the electricity ?!
Same NEPA officials that go around to clear fault and attend to emergency. Same NEPA that help in stabilizing the grid from collapsing when demand going higher than supply. Leave NEPA official alone and channel your frustration to the drunk government that sold the destiny Power system to their goons without efficient T&C to retrieve back. undecided Power Privatization is a biggest rape of the economy
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:
You mean Buhari will still go on with tarriff hike at this hard times ?

Na today?
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by qmd24(m): 11:01am On Mar 30, 2020
Blakjewelry:
They keep complaining about meter when can allow us import it and sell at even cheaper price than the available prices

Why not build local production and manufacturing capacity. The government should commission a company or a department in one of our higher institutions to focus on this. The technology is not rocket science.

Jobs will be created....etc
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by watchindelta(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

So basically , DISCOS can't give everyone a meter because

1.,They don't have the money...due to a 1.7 trillion naira shortfall....due largely to people not paying their bills

2.It's too expensive to import meters (though one thought we should be making the thing!)

The real problem is prices are virtually controlled by NERC...making it difficult for DISCOS and indirectly GENCOS to raise enough money to cover costs. Then there is the unrealistic expectation from consumers that DISCOS should give them meters for free....forgetting that DISCOS are not owned by government, but are private companies.

Nigerians need to tell themselves the truth. Either we are ready to accept electricity is expensive, or we get the power we pay for. You cannot pay N1000 for N10000 power supply....which is what we Nigerians are trying to do.
nawaho even with your own money this wicked people won't gv you mitter! So wety u dey yarn here? Because they want to gv u estimated billss! It happened to me.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by allandutch: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

Oga what about those that having been paying for electricity that they don't see at all?

You think if people pay for 1000 naira power supply and get their money's Worth of electricity there'll be this much complaints?

And what about those houses they've been collecting 15k from regardless of how much power they consume? A lot of them don't even have that much electronics in their homes.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by atobs4real(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:
You mean Buhari will still go on with tarriff hike at this hard times ?
Why are you Olodo? Ah ah ah!!!! If the Disco distributors failed to share the prepaid meters, they must charge #1,800 for unmetered residence.

1 Like

Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by GamalNasser: 11:08am On Mar 30, 2020
atobs4real:

Why are you Olodo? Ah ah ah!!!! If the Disco distributors failed to share the prepaid meters, they must charge #1,800 for unmetered residence.

I use prepaid meter so I am speaking for the tarriff increase because I am already paying 27 naira per killowat ..face your estimated bill life and leave me alone
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 30, 2020
allandutch:

Oga what about those that having been paying for electricity that they don't see at all?
You think if people pay for 1000 naira power supply and get their money's Worth of electricity there'll be this much complaints.

It is because so many of us don't pay that discos our pressure on those of us who do.

1 Like

Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Grace001: 11:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Useless country... Nothing seems to be working since.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by atobs4real(m): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

I use prepaid meter so I am speaking for the tarriff increase because I am already paying 27 naira per killowat ..face your estimated bill life and leave me alone
Sorry, so you were speaking out of context. Noted.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by watchindelta(m): 11:15am On Mar 30, 2020
kikero:

It is because so many of us don't pay that discos our pressure on those of us who do.
paying for darkness! Is that properly right? In warri I went for prepaid miter but does wicked nepa refused to sale why? Because of estimated billings. Very bad ppl
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by Perfecttouchade: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2020
Who will tell dis people that there is no light , so it means there shouldn't be any bill sef..U.S dey do everything to make life easy for their citizens dis pandemic period but Nigerian government wan kill upon kill
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by jamace(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2020
NERC is a toothless bulldog. DISCOs are not complying with instructions on provision of prepaid meters to consumers.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by naijanaso: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2020
The issue of meter should be decentralised so people can import and sell to the masses. After purchase, one can then register the meter with the DISCOs. That was how mobile phones were sold only by MTN and was difficult for Nigerians to afford back then. Later, it was all over the street and people could make choices based on make, model, capabilities and warranty
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by deltateam: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2020
zakim:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/tariff-hike-meter-scarcity-persists-2-days-to-policy-take-off.html

Is it not here you will post graphic image.

It will be suicidal for any PHCN staff to cut wire during this period.

Their tariffs are already crazy not to talk of 51% increment.

Its not as if it will guarantee 24/7 electricity.

Let metres be available. Pay and get it immediately.

You will be surprised that you won't be billed more than #500 monthly due to erratic supply.They know already that's why its scarce!

#Animal Farm.
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by athaboi(f): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Blakjewelry:
They keep complaining about meter when can allow us import it and sell at even cheaper price than the available prices
so that people can tamper with the meter reading abi...you think say they no get sense
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by oludavkay: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2020
iammo:

Check the last election and add up the number of votes collated for APC. The Igbos did little as well. Smmh
Re: Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off by 9gerian: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2020
I’ve said it before and stand to be proven wrong:

The discos will delay metering for as long as possible (with no end in sight) except something drastic happens.

Which businessman will supply and even replenish his stock if he knows the bills issued to his customers have nothing to do with actual supplies to such customers? Great lengths would be explored even to compromise the regulators in order to maintain the status quo.

They will continue to load their unmetered customers with bills higher than the monthly rent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Release Evidence Of Christian Boko Haram Members, CAN Tells Zulum / APC Wins Katsina Bye-election / Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.