Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu (23506 Views)

Festus Keyamo: Many Senior Lawyers Praised My Position On EndSARS Panel Report / Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by 4xplore: 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Erediauwa:
I knew he didn't say it, it's just some useless journalist writing rubbish emanating from their brains.

Even though I don't support His party and whatever they stand for or represent, I know Jagaban wouldn't want to jeopardize his 2023 ambition with that statement and like I rightly predicted, he came out to clear the air.

Nice one Jagaban.

BAT is backtracking because of the backlash it generated.

READ below.
Tinubu added, “ Already , the price of oil has fallen to less than 30 dollars a barrel . This will bring a dollar shortfall . This does not, however , necessitate a corresponding shortfall in public sector naira expenditures .

“ The US controls dollar issuance . We control naira issuance as is our sovereign right . Just as America has used its sovereign right to issue its currency to stave economic disaster, so too may Nigeria issue naira for the same purpose .”

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
fergie001:

I am an extreme-introvert so whilst am not at school or work...I am indoors.

So its normal to me now....I dey jareh. How is our Trumping...keep my own 441k oooo.

Nice one. I’ve been working from home all these past weeks too and I’m enjoying it.

We never see the said 441k oooo. Seems Trump still Dey plan him own logistics.
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by justli: 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
soojar:

A 100 level economics student in the university will not tell the government to print physical naira note not to talk of someone of Tinubu's calibre who has worked for well known audit and financial firms in the world. A lazy journalist must have ignorantly or mischievously quoted him out of context and many band wagon follow follow too would just take it up like that.

When an economist say 'make more money available in the economy', he is talking of increasing government spending using monetary policies or reducing taxes and interest rates through fiscal policies.

I agree completely. When I saw the news, my only conclusion was that Tinubu was setting the president up. But good thing he has cleared the air on that
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by fergie001: 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
LegendHero:

Nice one. I’ve been working from home all these past weeks too and I’m enjoying it.

We never see the said 441k oooo. Seems Trump still Dey plan him own logistics.
....that one dey!
Just stay safe sha/

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by 4xplore: 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Insectkiller:
Fooolish, unprofessional journalist everywhere...

Why journalist dey report propaganda always...and misinforming or wrongly feeding d populace Everytime..

Anyways..good that u responded because we all thought it was ur speech..

Don't worry just kwantinu with ur plans and make sure u don't downCast any worker among d workforce in all ur companies..

We no like u but we love ur works because u put food on many people's table thru employment...keep it up

shocked cool

I hope u, jagaban, go pay me for dis hype
grin grin

Hope u can read??
Tinubu added, “ Already , the price of oil has fallen to less than 30 dollars a barrel . This will bring a dollar shortfall . This does not, however , necessitate a corresponding shortfall in public sector naira expenditures .

“ The US controls dollar issuance . We control naira issuance as is our sovereign right . Just as America has used its sovereign right to issue its currency to stave economic disaster, so too may Nigeria issue naira for the same purpose .”

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by jayplus06(m): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
We all know 9ja pple,if u say one dem go add to join am bt d issue on ground now,Tinubu should stop gvng idea,let him also ve impact on diz issue,we ve seeing many pple dat has donate for 9ha in one way d other though we never wot our government wan do wit money,only God knows4
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by 4xplore: 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
LegendHero:

Can you see now? I read the whole statements and there is no where he made mention of government printing money.

Do you accept you are wrong in this instance?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by VolvoS60(m): 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
soojar:

A 100 level economics student in the university will not tell the government to print physical naira note not to talk of someone of Tinubu's calibre who has worked for well known audit and financial firms in the world. A lazy journalist must have ignorantly or mischievously quoted him out of context and many band wagon follow follow too would just take it up like that.

When an economist say 'make more money available in the economy', he is talking of increasing government spending using monetary policies or reducing taxes and interest rates through fiscal policies.

^^^
Read the full press statement issued a couple of days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/5762036/full-message-tinubu-coronavirus#87921042
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by 4xplore: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
soojar:

Only in some few extreme cases will it be necessary to print more notes to jumpstart the economy, that's after provisions must have been made for the devaluation of your currency. I'm not sure we are in such a situation presently.

Naaa. He is backtracking. He nailed himself when he said "just as the US". The US issued (printed) more $$$.

Read again.

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/lease read again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Mordecai(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
Other measures Tinubu suggested is the need for government to “accelerate spending and actual work on key infrastructural projects particularly regarding transportation; protecting the people against food shortages.” He said: “We need to protect the people from food shortages and high prices. As such, we must quickly improve farm-to-market delivery of agricultural produce.

Note the highlighted word. It speaks volumes. Most of the infrastructural work done by this government is audio.
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by chaloskyx: 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2020
nothing was misreported you are so used to opening lagos treasury and looting that its become a normality for you to openly tell cbn to print money since thats what lagos state does for you. theres no shame in being a thief nau own your trade with pride :0
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by jaxxy(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babatunde40:
Nobody forced you to talk in the first place. You were pushed by your selfish interest. As far as I am concerned, you wanted more Naira notes to be printed. Then you will use bullion van to pack as usual. Go and sit down with your audio N200m donation

Tinubu doesn’t exactly practice what he preaches don’t take it seriously. I tell u
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Malawian(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
gather here if you think Tinubu is just as vacuous as Buhari and would set up his own TMC.
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Kawabonga(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lostz:
you guys were educating me yesterday on the important of printing more money
That's how they roll.... always shifting the goalposts.

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by desmond2pk: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=LegendHero post=87919554]One thing you can’t take from Tinubu is his intelligence.

Well someone that worked for American companies like Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation will definitely be intelligent to an extent.

To cap it, he rose to the position of an executive at Mobil Oil Nigeria.

[/quote

Sharap. Tinubu no get certificate.
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by VolvoS60(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
LegendHero:

Are you a troll?

Maybe you should copy and paste the part here coz I’ve read everything and I can’t see where he said that.

^^^^
No I'm not a troll sir.

On this very thread, a couple of posters have quoted sections of the statement - to be specific, the part where he speaks about sovereign rights of the federal government to issue Naira. This is just one example - and you can scroll back to confirm.

The 6th point in the press statement talks about expanding quantitative easing to purchase listed 'instruments'. This is example number 2.
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by VolvoS60(m): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ayoefa:
[[s]quote author=VolvoS60 post=87920690]

^^^
grin

Dead on arrival (DOA).

Nobody is interested in his work history - or what you claim is his work history.

The issue now is his recommendation from a couple of days ago - to open the press and roll out sizzling Naira notes for the federal bazaar to continue.

The blowback from that madcap suggestion has exploded and he is now afraid to claim ownership.

Address the issue at hand and leave AA, Deloitte etc. out of it. cheesy
[/s]

^^^
But...I can still read my post - and I assume everyone can. cheesy

You need to tell the site designers to enlarge the strikethrough lines - make them so thick and dark that the text is invisible. wink Tell them!
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
ddippset:
Tinubu ought to know already that everything is misrepresented nowadays.

For instance,
You see wailers and PDP say; why did Buhari waste time in closing the borders?
That has created a chance for covid 19.

Good point! Sound argument!! I support this argument 100 percent.

But i swear even if Buhari had done that and closed the borders much earlier and we didn't record a single case,

The same very PDP and wailers would have turned around and released a statement through Kola Olabodiyan like this;

"The President rushed to close the borders without firstly monitoring the situation, at a time when sensible world leaders were still monitoring the situation.

Now it has crashed our economy.

Muhammadu Buhari would have studied the situation and put in necessary measures to ensure continuous business activities at our airports and seaports while maintaining proactiveness by keeping one eye on the covid 19 virus".

- PDP Pubilcity Secretary; Kola Olabidiyan.

You don’t have sense.. 2020 you are still supporting one of those useless.. PDP APC two useless parties any body that is still supporting one of these parties also
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Ayoefa: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
[[s]quote author=VolvoS60 post=87922725]

^^^
But...I can still read my post - and I assume everyone can.

You need to tell the site designers to enlarge the strikethrough lines - make them so thick and dark so that the text is invisible. wink Tell them![/quote][/s]

RUBBISH TRASH
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by ddippset(m): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
Meeyankee:

You don’t have sense.. 2020 you are still supporting one of those useless.. PDP APC two useless parties any body that is still supporting one of these parties also
The summary of my post is that I support the criticism of Buhari for not closing the borders in time.
And I also berate PDP for playing politics with this covid 19.

How does my post support either of APC or PDP??

Are you a big for nothing mumu or what?
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by azpekuliar: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
BabaO2:
Yinka odumakin doesn't have the capacity to respond to Tinubu's view and advice to the federal government. This is not elementary economics of mere demand and supply.

Oshigun:

Bruv leave those hateful charlatans. Most of them are abroad where Oyingbo is providing palliative their own worthless leaders refuse to provide.

Why won't they then not indulge their hateful souls to be talking senselessly against Tinubu who is the one voice today championing the need to provide ordinary Nigerians with palliative before hunger precipitates total break down of law and order.

Another two weeks of lockdown, with no cash coming in for anyone, and we will see if hungry area boys, with no cash to buy food, will not besiege and storm the mansion of their relatives all across Ala Igbo.

Very myopic people who always hate first and think later.

Perkins2018:

The fact that you hate Tinubu doesn’t make it wrong. You know nothing. Read about helicopter money during the 2009 financial crisis.

APCNig:
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a US trained Certified Chartered Accountant, please what is Yinka Odumakin's profession?

A few of the Zombies from yesterday who have sold their common sense for a plate of porridge. How foolish they all look now that Tinubu has publicly denied making such a suggestion. Even an illiterate with no grasp of basic modern economics would ever defend such a position. What a shame!
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by danilmo: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lostz:
he wanted to print more money.

his advisers told him printing more money will destroy the economy..... primary school pupils know that...... he is just trying to save face.

tinubu will not want to go into 2023 with a reputation that he failed economics in school.

if he was misquoted, why did he compare it to America printing more cash?

PDP miscreant.

I know ure politically and economically educated than Tinubu who has 2wice govern the nations economic hub like Lagos state, A Doctorate Chartered accountant, someone that worked for American companies like Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services and lot more..

Don't worry, that ur one vote that is wail- sharking u has been prepared for..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Gerrard59(m): 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
4Play:
Spare a thought for those who spent the last few days defending money printing because they thought Tinubu was in support of it.

grin

The 30K BMC folks.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by danilmo: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lostz:
waiting for his advisers.

now those who defended him that printing more money is the solution need to apologise

come is Jagaban ur intellectual mate.

I defended him coz I know whatever he says deserve an intelligentsia welcome either good or bad due to his wealth of experience , education, political sagacity and statue..

I ll rather hand over my treasury to him coz I know at the end, his mistakes and prowess will end up profitable. I trust him for that. Lagos is a case study..

for example, he might be lying this time, but he was able to make a reverse probably after a scrutiny.

That is him..

Tell me who is greater than him in Nigeria..
The best thing someone should have don is to relax after that coz of the speaker , he might b right after all and not to come online and rain insult /wail as if tinubu is ur generation mate

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
danilmo:

come is Jagaban ur intellectual mate.

I defended him coz I know whatever he says deserve an intelligentsia welcome either good or bad due to his wealth of experience , education, political sagacity and statue..

I ll rather hand over my treasury to him coz I know at the end, his mistakes and prowess will end up profitable. I trust him for that. Lagos is a case study..

for example, he might be lying this time, but he was able to make a reverse probably after a scrutiny.

That is him..

Tell me who is greater than him in Nigeria..
The best thing someone should have don is to relax after that coz of the speaker , he might b right after all and not to come online and rain insult /wail as if tinubu is ur generation mate
only fools follow without asking questions
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by BRASH: 3:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Pls sir, where is the intelligence? Wha what he wrote there is something any body can come up with. Besides, he actually asked the fg to print more notes citing america as an example..there4 he is lying. So stop the uneccessary hype.
LegendHero:
One thing you can’t take from Tinubu is his intelligence.

Well someone that worked for American companies like Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins, & Sells, and GTE Services Corporation will definitely be intelligent to an extent.

To cap it, he rose to the position of an executive at Mobil Oil Nigeria.

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Wasky101: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
ddippset:
Tinubu ought to know already that everything is misrepresented nowadays.

For instance,
You see wailers and PDP say; why did Buhari waste time in closing the borders?
That has created a chance for covid 19.

Good point! Sound argument!! I support this argument 100 percent.

But i swear even if Buhari had done that and closed the borders much earlier and we didn't record a single case,

The same very PDP and wailers would have turned around and released a statement through Kola Olabodiyan like this;

"The President rushed to close the borders without firstly monitoring the situation, at a time when sensible world leaders were still monitoring the situation.

Now it has crashed our economy.

Muhammadu Buhari would have studied the situation and put in necessary measures to ensure continuous business activities at our airports and seaports while maintaining proactiveness by keeping one eye on the covid 19 virus".

- PDP Pubilcity Secretary; Kola Olabidiyan.

This is so apt, I wish I could buy u a beer if you are a beer drinking man

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by BRASH: 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
Simply put, stupid people follow stupid politicians
Lostz:
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by danilmo: 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lostz:

All the pdp miscreant uv been following and believing since, where are they.
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Yebosola(m): 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Deadratgrill:
Sharap we dont want to hear, it’s either you remove the walking dead president u imposed on us and also give us our stolen 500billion dollars or forget it grin grin grin

But u wailers said southwest votes is irrelevant to Buhari's victory at the polls, Y this statement again? Yeyenatus

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by ddippset(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Wasky101:

This is so apt, I wish I could buy u a beer if you are a beer drinking man
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Ize-iyamu Won’t Get Up To 30 Percent Votes – Crusoe Osagie / No Consideration of Fubara's Requests unless funds are released - Amaewhule / Video Of Crowd Waiting For Atiku For His Rally In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.