Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu (23512 Views)

Festus Keyamo: Many Senior Lawyers Praised My Position On EndSARS Panel Report / Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by danilmo: 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
BRASH:
Simply put, stupid people follow stupid politicians

If tinubu is ur example of a stupid politician, then
I rather be a Tinubu follower and b called stupid than to b an intelligent PDP puppet who get drawn at the roar of Tinubu grin
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by able20(m): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
Erediauwa:
I knew he didn't say it, it's just some useless journalist writing rubbish emanating from their brains.

Even though I don't support His party and whatever they stand for or represent, I know Jagaban wouldn't want to jeopardize his 2023 ambition with that statement and like I rightly predicted, he came out to clear the air.

Nice one Jagaban.
Mr looter Jagaban sold fake change in 2015 to his Zombies, the fire is still burning today.
2023 Jagaban is planning another tsunami to finish dem all, e no go work.
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by pgmind: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
When I was reading the story yesterday I knew ASIWAJU was miscoated and misunderstood. He is not just a mere politician without second address. He knows much about economy...leave them, let them continue twisting your words
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by BRASH: 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
Never assume everybody is into that apcpdp nonsense. Besides, i see no difference between tinubu and other corrupt politicians.
danilmo:

If tinubu is ur example of a stupid politician, then
I rather be a Tinubu follower and b called stupid than to b an intelligent PDP puppet who get drawn at the roar of Tinubu grin

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Champneys: 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tinubu onikuuure, ole nla jatijati!

Only a dunce doesn't know the CBN has helped put the economy on life support by printing money
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Lovelyn451(f): 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
And some Yoruba fools were defending him here, big big fools that know nothing abt how economics work, theyll foolishly defend anything their useless jaga jaga old fool says..stupid people, idiots, banza shege dan iska, thunder scatter all of you yoruba's that defended such foolishness.. If not for money, I earnestly wish the Igbo's in CBN, medicine and govt. Would step out, let the idiot Yoruba's and Hausa run this country totally, so that this country would be buried finally

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by excellentj4teal(m): 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
ddippset:
Tinubu ought to know already that everything is misrepresented nowadays.

For instance,
You see wailers and PDP say; why did Buhari waste time in closing the borders?
That has created a chance for covid 19.

Good point! Sound argument!! I support this argument 100 percent.

But i swear even if Buhari had done that and closed the borders much earlier and we didn't record a single case,

The same very PDP and wailers would have turned around and released a statement through Kola Olabodiyan like this;

"The President rushed to close the borders without firstly monitoring the situation, at a time when sensible world leaders were still monitoring the situation.

Now it has crashed our economy.

Muhammadu Buhari should have studied the situation and put in necessary measures to ensure continuous business activities at our airports and seaports while maintaining proactiveness by keeping one eye on the covid 19 virus".

- PDP Pubilcity Secretary; Kola Olabodiyan.

correct sir

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Izigha(m): 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
I was so shock when I read he wants Nigeria to print more bank notes, that I created a thread to say he is wrong. I know some high place economist have also reached out to him, hence the flip flop

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by omoiyalayi(m): 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
ddippset:

For instance,

But i swear even if Buhari had done that and closed the borders much earlier and we didn't record a single case,

The same very PDP and wailers would have turned around and released a statement through Kola Olabodiyan like this;

"The President rushed to close the borders without firstly monitoring the situation, at a time when sensible world leaders were still monitoring the situation.

Muhammadu Buhari should have studied the situation and put in necessary measures to ensure continuous business activities at our airports and seaports while maintaining proactiveness by keeping one eye on the covid 19 virus".

- PDP Pubilcity Secretary; Kola Olabidiyan.

Hahahhahahahhahahah

U make me laugh

Thanks

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by MrCEO69(m): 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
ddippset:

For instance,

See uncle, uncle wa mu...
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by ddippset(m): 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
omoiyalayi:

Hahahhahahahhahahah

U make me laugh

Thanks
cheesy
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Johnsinia(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
Is it Everytime they are misreporting you? Oga abeg, comot for road jare. When you Don yarn rubbish finish, them catch you, you go start to sing misreporting. myyywwwww!
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by Seventy7kings: 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
ddippset:

For instance,

grin
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by soojar(m): 3:47am On Apr 02, 2020
VolvoS60:

^^^
Read the full press statement issued a couple of days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/5762036/full-message-tinubu-coronavirus#87921042

I must confess, I didn't read the full text before, but when you pointed my attention to it I read it through and it confirmed what I said that one lazy journalist quoted him out of context and other lazy bloggers joined in. These are the 9 things he highlighted like any economist will suggest. Not in any of the explanations he talked about printing of physical naira. You don't get to the level Tinubu got to in corporate world by being as lazy and ignorant as some of these people parading themselves as bloggers. Most of them are 'educated illiterates'

1. MAINTAIN GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURES:
2. GOVERNMENT PROJECTS:
3. TAX REDUCTIONS:
4. FOOD SECURITY
5. LOWER INTEREST RATES:
6. QUANTITATIVE EASING:
7. EXCHANGE RATE:
8. DEBT SUSPENSION
9. INCREASE STIPENDS TO THE POOR:
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by soojar(m): 4:07am On Apr 02, 2020
4xplore:

Hope u can read??
Tinubu added, “ Already , the price of oil has fallen to less than 30 dollars a barrel . This will bring a dollar shortfall . This does not, however , necessitate a corresponding shortfall in public sector naira expenditures .

“ The US controls dollar issuance . We control naira issuance as is our sovereign right . Just as America has used its sovereign right to issue its currency to stave economic disaster, so too may Nigeria issue naira for the same purpose .”

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/

Hope you can understand??
The question is how did America issue it's currency to stave-economic disaster? Answer: By injecting 2tr dollars into the economy in the form of direct payment to households, and more to come in form of increasing expenditure by engaging private business owners etc.

Exactly what Tinubu is saying we should copy. America did not print extra dollars (issue is not the same thing as print), Tinubu did not say print naira also, he meant issue/make available
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by 4xplore: 8:11am On Apr 02, 2020
soojar:

Hope you can understand??
The question is how did America issue it's currency to stave-economic disaster? Answer: By injecting 2tr dollars into the economy in the form of direct payment to households, and more to come in form of increasing expenditure by engaging private business owners etc.

Exactly what Tinubu is saying we should copy. America did not print extra dollars (issue is not the same thing as print), Tinubu did not say print naira also, he meant issue/make available

We deal with FACTS and not your personal opinion. Read below without bias...

Where Will That $2 Trillion Come From?
24/7 Wall St. Staff
6 days ago
By Steve Harry

In all the talk about the $2 trillion Congress is considering to support the people out of work due to the corona virus, there has been little said about where the money comes from. The U.S. government is not Jesus and we are not talking fishes and loaves. Anyway, I don’t believe in miracles.

The government isn’t sitting on a big emergency cash reserve, or it wouldn’t be running a $1 trillion budget deficit. Will it just print the money?

Apparently, that is exactly what it will do. On Sunday night, 60 Minutes had an interview with Neil Kashkari, President of the Federal Reserved Bank of Minneapolis. He said Congress has “literally” given the Federal Reserve the authority to print money. He was not asked about the possible ill effects of doing so.

https://247wallst.com/investing/2020/03/25/where-will-that-2-trillion-come-from/amp/
Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by VolvoS60(m): 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
soojar:

I must confess, I didn't read the full text before, but when you pointed my attention to it I read it through and it confirmed what I said that one lazy journalist quoted him out of context and other lazy bloggers joined in. These are the 9 things he highlighted like any economist will suggest. Not in any of the explanations he talked about printing of physical naira. You don't get to the level Tinubu got to in corporate world by being as lazy and ignorant as some of these people parading themselves as bloggers. Most of them are 'educated illiterates'

1. MAINTAIN GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURES:
2. GOVERNMENT PROJECTS:
3. TAX REDUCTIONS:
4. FOOD SECURITY
5. LOWER INTEREST RATES:
6. QUANTITATIVE EASING:
7. EXCHANGE RATE:
8. DEBT SUSPENSION
9. INCREASE STIPENDS TO THE POOR:

^^^
No sir.

This has nothing to do with lazy journalists, lazy bloggers or educated illiterates.

I have been following this thing from day one. Tinubu's statement about the federal government's sovereign right of Naira issuance was very clear. Some other posters on this thread and other threads have posted the direct quote (word for word) - you may look it up again to confirm. If sovereign right of Naira issuance isn't printing of physical Naira, then what is? undecided Tinubu also referred again to this right of issuance under the 'quantitative easing' sub-topic you mentioned above. These two references of mine then raise the uncomfortable question: How can a press statement quoted in its entirety be misquoted?

He will be held accountable. Some of us are not taken in by incredible tales of a work history with Deloitte, Mobil, Andersen etc. particularly when we can recall quite clearly the man's University of Chicago/Chicago State University controversy of so many years ago.

He will be held accountable.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu by 1972xy: 10:18am On May 18, 2020
Babatunde40:

I wanted to reply you with insult but decided to check your posts first. I went to check your posts. 95% are filled with bitterness. Therefore, no need to insult you. You already have enough problem.
Thank you for that. please accept my apology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa: Ondo Assembly Commence Impeachment Against Deputy-Governor / Despite Suspension Of IPOB Sit-at-home, Banks In Abia Locked Up [PHOTOS] / Farah Dagogo Declares Support For Atiku, To Hold 10 Million Man March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.