Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? (7856 Views)

Has It Gotten This Bad In The Country? / Nigerians Counting The Votes On IREV So Far Has Gotten This. Wow. / Has Nigeria Gotten This Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
One reason why this could can never..... don't let me say it
In this type of situation some are scamming people angry
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by dukeprince50: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
989900:
I don't know o, but 'egungun be careful'!

It could be switch your SIM card. undecided

how can that be scam, its not like they will use it to withdraw ur money

1 Like

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by TRIGITlS: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
[s]
dukeprince50:
how can that be scam, its not like they will use it to withdraw ur money
[/s]
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by abumeinben(m): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
bkool7:
My dad got this message today.
It claimed to be from the Lagos state government.
Has anyone gotten it or do you know anyone that has?
I'm thinking it's a scam

Na Oke-Ira you dey ni?
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by bkool7(m): 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
abumeinben:

Na Oke-Ira you dey ni?

No.
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by abumeinben(m): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
bkool7:

No.

Ogba
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by josielewa(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
This message was sent to my old man.. I don't think its scam because its a service number....well me never help am reply oo. But am sure its not scam

1 Like

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by bkool7(m): 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
abumeinben:

Ogba

Hell No!

Dude, why you wanna know?

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by nazablossom(f): 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
monichannel:
I don't care about the message, I'm only disturbed with your topic.

Please, it is "Has" not "As" ah ah!
H-factor things smiley
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Sanchez01: 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
abdurrazaq:

My mum got the same message and I replied Yes to the number stipulated in the message (08099809900) on her behalf.
I checked the phone number on Truecaller and the name returned was: Lasrra Fraudster
LMAO! Horrible humans be exploiting people this period! grin
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by abumeinben(m): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
bkool7:

Hell No!

Dude, why you wanna know?

Na wa to you o..

Oya nor vex grin
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by uppa(m): 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good day all, just want to inform u that the SMS being circulated at the package relief is not fake. It's an authentic information.

LAGOS CONFIRMS AUTHENTICITY OF SMS ON STIMULUS PACKAGE

The Lagos State Government has confirmed that SMS messages received by residents who are sixty years old and above emanated from the Lagos State Residents’ Registration Agency, LASRRA, saying the aged and vulnerable residents will benefit from the stimulus food package unveiled by the State Government on Friday 27th March, 2020.

The State Commissioner for Agriculture, Prince Gbolahan Lawal, made the clarification in Lagos today, explaining that an SMS from the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) was sent to the aged asking them to reply with a “YES”, “FOOD YES” or “SWITCH YES” if their registered home address with the Agency remains valid.

Lawal noted that the Ministry of Agriculture, in collaboration with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA), devised the initiative to ensure fairness and evenness in the distribution of the stimulus packages, just as he emphasised that Lagos residents duly registered with LASRRA will access similar social benefits in the future.

He, therefore, urged recipients of the SMS to respond promptly before noon on Tuesday, March 31st 2020, disclosing that responses will be collated and beneficiaries will start to receive stimulus food packages from the State Government.

JL/TMS/OS​

2 Likes

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Cynergy: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good luck to the lucky recipients of that SMS Cox it's real not scam. I am following the lasg Twitter handle of that SMS and Gov Sowolu Twitter handle I saw the message on their Twitter wall too. It's real guys no fear.
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by suremanpatriot: 1:21am On Mar 31, 2020
Let them credit ppl with their Bvn bank by bank to avoid duplication

1 Like

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by ikorodureporta: 5:17am On Mar 31, 2020
bkool7:
I'm thinking it's a scam

no be scam. it's real

..but I wonder how Lagos go take succeed with this when many don relocate to the other side of the world..

Dem for kuku look for unemployed people.

This is the consequence of their past ineptitude. Now they don't have accurate database of Lagosians
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by koffsman(m): 5:26am On Mar 31, 2020
It's nothing but scam, I wonder why some useless set animal in human form will use the situation on ground as a means to even scam people when everyone is tryna survive this country if bleeped because if some set of assholes Aswear. GOD watch over us all
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by MetaPhysical: 5:31am On Mar 31, 2020
Should it not have the State Govt seal if it was genuine?

Be careful! I think State Govt website is your best resource. Go to the site and see if they have started sending out alerts. I know Lagos State Govt is very up to its game when it comes to public announcement and alerts. They will use radio, use tv, use internet. If you fall for a scam its your fault! grin
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Lessonbalogun: 5:36am On Mar 31, 2020
It's genuine , the package is for the old people in Lagos State . If you have some old people in your area and they does not register with LASRA they can't receive d message.

2 Likes

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Ajibel(m): 6:31am On Mar 31, 2020
It is not a scam, the message is from Lagos state.
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Ajibel(m): 6:33am On Mar 31, 2020
The Lagos state governor's SSA on new media has confirmed it's authenticity

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1244713171623055367

Also Lagos state ministry of agriculture

https://twitter.com/lagosagric1/status/1244657249420804096

PRESS RELEASE

LAGOS CONFIRMS AUTHENTICITY OF SMS ON STIMULUS PACKAGES

Lagos State Government has confirmed that the SMS messages forwarded to residents of the State who are sixty years old and above was part of the measures put in place to reach the aged and vulnerable residents for whom the stimulus food package unveiled by the State Government on Friday 27th March, 2020 is meant for.

The stimulus, which comes in packs of raw food items, to be distributed to every local government in the State is aimed at cushioning the effects of the fourteen days lockdown directive by the State and Federal Governments.

The State Commissioner for Agriculture, Prince Gbolahan Lawal, who made the clarification in Lagos today explained that an SMS from the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) has been sent out to the aged asking them to reply with a “YES”, “FOOD YES” or “SWITCH YES” if their registered home address with the Agency is still valid.

Lawal noted that the Ministry of Agriculture was collaborating with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) in order to be able to reach the targeted audience as well as ensure fairness and evenness in the distribution of the stimulus packages, just as he stressed the importance of each Lagos resident registering with the Agency in order to assess social benefits like this in the future.

The Commissioner therefore urged those concerned to quickly respond to the SMS stressing that they have till midday 12:00pm of Tuesday, March 31st 2020 as that is cut off period.

He reiterated that as soon as all responses are collated, beneficiaries will start receiving their stimulus emergency food package from the State Government.
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2020
abdurrazaq:

My mum got the same message and I replied Yes to the number stipulated in the message (08099809900) on her behalf.
I checked the phone number on Truecaller and the name returned was: Lasrra Fraudster
It has been confirmed that it is from lagos state government. Only for those registered with lasrra and above 60 years.
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Taeewo(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2020
suremanpatriot:
Let them credit ppl with their Bvn bank by bank to avoid duplication
And do they have the records of deceased,my Mum don die but her account still active,so make dem just send money to anyone's BVN and bank go continue stealing it.
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by Ezmans: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2020
bkool7:
I'm thinking it's a scam
the massage is from Lagos State government send YES to benefit

1 Like

Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by OsewaBoy: 5:56am On Apr 01, 2020
[s]
KahlDrogo:
You and I will never turn to cannibals. I have enough for us my Hajiya Amara. kiss kiss kiss
[/s]
Re: As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? by kalufelix(m): 7:36am On Apr 01, 2020
monichannel:
I don't care about the message, I'm only disturbed with your topic.

Please, it is "Has" not "As" ah ah!
if you've ever lived in lagos you'll understand theres is what we call "yoruba english" nafisat : bro ola his it true there will be no mofment tomorrow ola : i didn't know o...mi o mo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Other Zamfara Reps Dump PDP For APC / Osinabjo To Nigerians: Reject Politicians Using Sentiments To Get Power / Bandits In Hijab Kidnapped 26 People In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.