Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Share Your 419 Experience - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your 419 Experience (16575 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / Police Burst Lagos 419 Syndicate’s Shrine In Osogbo (pics) / Fake Foreign Currencies Recovered From Busted 419 Syndicate In Mushin. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your 419 Experience by MisterKay321(m): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
Petalsempire:
I had the same experience with the op .I was rushing to work that day wen I entered a car, there are 2 men in the car the driver and one other guy at the front , I was in the back sit,the driver dropped the guy at the front sit ,the guy gave the driver a dollar note the driver was like no they don't accept dollar that its naira they accept, the guy said he doesn't have naira.that was wen he started narrating a story of how he came to Nigeria with laptops phones an human hairs but the woman he is supposed to supply to is not picking her calls..he asked the driver if he was interested in the phones and stuff ..the driver said yes then the driver turned to me and said sis ain't u interested in it ..I told the driver I was in a hurry and this chit chat is delaying me ..the driver pleaded with me if I could spare just 10mins to check it out ..I didn't think twice before getting out of that car..the man got in and they zoomed off
The scammers that use that 'format' usually target ladies.
Fortunately, you're street smart.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your 419 Experience by FashionCookie(f): 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
meditator:
When I remember my encounter with a 419r, it reminds me of how naive and foolish I was.

In 2013, after leaving secondary school, I saved money to buy one of the hottest phones, my dream phone(Nokia E63) that year, it was one of the best phones around, during the era of symbian phones.

On my way to the Garki Market in Abuja one faithful day, while walking to get a keke, I sighted a guy talking to a random guy around Durimi Junction Opposite the lane that led to Apo Legislative Quarters, those familiar with ABJ would Concur. Immediately he saw me coming, he left the guy and walked to me. From indication, he had negative response from the earlier guy.

The guy started disturbing me with his acclaimed prowess knowledge of the unseen, he kept following me as I kept walking and was saying, "you lost your father, " which i did, " those same people are coming after ur life", I did not want to give him attention but he saw the naivety in me and kept following me. "Your father is a good man but was killed by a woman in ur village". This caught my attention and made me gave him the undivided attention which he craved for. I told him my father was killed by witches in my village. He went further by saying "in ur family, there are witches", this is actually true, so I told myself in my mind. Would u like to know the person that killed your father?, I said to him yes. He said then you have to empty your pocket and give your belongings to someone because those things makes u unclean to see the unseen. Seeing that my body language shows no sign of obliging, he pointed towards a tree and asked me to go to it, I will see a saliva close to it, its a family member of mine that poured it there. I begin to think this is a joke, so I played along because I had the thought that " him no go fit empty my pocket or rob me here cos there are people walking by". I went there and I saw it, not knowing he worked hand in hand with a guy who was watching every of our encounter. I went there and saw a name and a saliva, the name was one of a family member's name, just a random name like Abdulkadir, James, Musa which everyone could guess. I'm sure his partner in crime wrote it. Immediately I saw the name which I can't remember now, one of my relative that bears such name came to mind. Immediately, I rushed back to him.

He said to me, he's ready to reveal all the people that had a hand in my dad's death, especially those I trusted and how they connived to do it, currently, they are planning to kill me too. But I must do one thing for him, I asked, what is that? and he said " bring forward your left hand, close it" as I did, I noticed a saliva at the back of my index finger not knowing the idiot rubbed it there. He said, your hand is even leaking, u are not pure.

Now, bring out everything in your pocket for someone to hold for u before u walk back to that same tree to see pictures and names of those that have a hand in ur dad's death, I looked around for a known person or stranger to help me hold my belongings but I could not see any around. So, I had no option than to give it to him, thinking he's not too far from my sight. That was how I brought out my white E63 and wallet which contained almost 10K my mom sent me to buy food stuffs at the market and other valuables like ID cards in d wallet and handed over to him.

I ran towards the tree to check their names and pictures but could not see anything. I looked for the guy the I thought wrote the first name for him, I could not find him. On turning back, I did not see the shadow of the guy that dubbed me. All is saw was many Keke Napeps moving. I became confused, I did not know the one to chase.

That was how they went away with my phone and wallet. Whenever I remember this, I feel like giving myself a knock on the head for my foolishness, how I fell for such trap stills beats my thoughts

I was lucky I had money in my account to make it up because I could not imagine explaining that to my mom. I went straight to the bank and used withdrawal slip. As for my phone, I told anyone that bothered to ask "I sold it".

But not just me, those guys have dubbed many boys in that area because it a highbrow area.
Hahahahaha...I don laugh tire

1 Like

Re: Share Your 419 Experience by Kinkybaby: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
grin
narit:
Hmmmmm, reading this post brings back some memories, giving me a nostalgic feelings about the past. If am to share my scammed stories I doubt I will have all the time to finish it. Seriously, i have been scammed numeriously.

Infact during my teenage years, I famously earned the nickname "BOLO" (meaning a very sluggish person). I like to believe this was as a result of my very timid nature and placing huge trust in people. Two qualities which I completely lack today. Let me quickly share with you all one of my foolishly scammed moment.

Back in 1999, when I was in my teenage year's, my mum gave me 2500 to go and buy kerosene.
I sluggishly collect the gallon of the kerosene given to me and the money not knowing I won't be coming back with any of them. I sluggishly set out on my journey, when I got to the place I was to buy the kerosene, there were lot of people their as a result of kerosene scarcity then. So we had to form a queue, I was the last on the queue, after waiting for like 30minutes on the queue.

This rough looking guy came up to me and told me leg his paining him that he has been here since morning and he his thirsty, he asked me if I could get him nylon water, from a little distantance from where we are. I told him okay, he brought out #5 and gave it to me as I was going, he told me to bring my keg and my money so as to help me buy it when it get to my turn. Without hesitation as a result of my slow mind I quickly gave him the money and my keg.

I guess you all know what happened from here. When I got back he was gone. I went back home without a finch of sadness within me, I guess this was as a result of my slow mind. I told my mum exactly this "ma when I got there, one guy collected everything you gave me and give me nylon water. This is the nylon water he gave me" It was when the slap was coming, before it hits me, my brain within a Seconds processed all that has happened to me that day, and I knew I have messed up and it is too late. Till this very day my left eye have not completely healed from that slap.
Re: Share Your 419 Experience by Cactusjack69(m): 7:01am On Dec 06, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]mine was when I start to leave at ikorodu back in 2020,I was hypnotized but before that I meet a guy in front of tastee at Benson I went to collect money from the gtbank around there but the network was bad to the extent that it swallow two people card so one my way back home my brother called me that he's coming back from computer village so I waited in front of zenith bank after 20 minutes of waiting I he arrive and gave money to give his wife and he left me and head back to his working place as I reach tastee restaurant a very black dude walk up to me and say I should pls tell him to describe a hospital around there to him but as a new guy in the area I tell him that I don't know anywhere there.So he started to beg me almost crying and told me that I should pls help him and reach the hospital that he gat 1 million with him I should pls help him cos his mama is gonna die if don't get the drug he want to buy I wanted to leave him just then a tall fair guy came and me that I should pls help with the location of the hospital.I say that I know anywhere as I try leave the black dude hold my shoulder...............
After that I don't see them anymore,all I realized that all l gat on me with the 10 buck my brother gave me,my camon 12 pro and my ATM card wasn't with me I immediately rush back to the bank to withdraw all the money in my bank which was 58,500 and explain it to the people in the bank so 3 people help me trying to get a police but it's too late I just told them not to worry so after that I told my brother too but till I go back to shomolu I never set my eyes on the people anymore
Re: Share Your 419 Experience by Chidexsco8448(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2021
unmask:
Once went to computer village to get a phone for my brother, but I did not take any cash. So I saw one guy selling Nokia N75 on the street and he asked if I was interested and I said yes....Then we negotiated and settled at a ridiculously low price of 15k for a phone that was about 55k.

So I told the guy I needed to withdraw money from the bank.....carried him to Ikeja mall that had skye bank on the first floor. While we were strolling to the bank I noticed another guy was trailing but I said nothing.

When we got to the ATM, There was a queue so I pretended to make a call and asked the guy to stay on the queue for me (I actually wanted to see if the other guy I noticed was hanging around) and like I suspected the dude was waiting for food to be served grin

After I withdrew the money..... I gave it to the guy and asked him to count.....while he was counting....I went through the phone and ensured it still worked.

After that we shook hands as we were descending the stairs I suddenly stopped and told him I needed to get something in the bank (skyebank). Dude became very confused as I turned around and was heading towards the bank.

After he recollected himself he quickly stopped me and was like "bros I no sell again" I asked why he said nothing. I said ok. give me my money back. Brought it out gave it to me and I counted ensuring there was no fake note in it. Then I returned his phone. And we parted amicably grin grin

Wanted to use the fufu phone prank on me..... unfortunately...."na Lagos dem born me"

Many things dey happen fr dis World...new strategies everyday
Re: Share Your 419 Experience by Chimeluv(f): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
Crusadee:
sharp man you be correct guy... What I believe is that don't even give them the chamce
abeg o i am not a guy....

1 Like

Re: Share Your 419 Experience by Crusadee: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Chimeluv:
abeg o i am not a guy....
grin grin grin where do I get time to check people's gender on Nairaland
Re: Share Your 419 Experience by dododawa1: 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
Plenty 419 for computer village in Ikeja

1 Like

Re: Share Your 419 Experience by Chimeluv(f): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Crusadee:
grin grin grin where do I get time to check people's gender on Nairaland
try to check so that you no go see woman call am man .
Re: Share Your 419 Experience by Crusadee: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
Chimeluv:
try to check so that you no go see woman call am man .
I don hear mwan
Re: Share Your 419 Experience by bluefilm: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2021
Starboytwo:
Ok here's my first 419 experience...

It was around 2010 or so, was still in secondary school and I saw a text message on my mum's phone saying I won a washing machine, some airtime plus some other freebies, I should quickly call one(attached)number to claim prize...

I saw the message had a different number from the text number, but I called and I spoke with one man, he told me I had won all the above and I was truly happy.. However I will have to send him 1000 glo airtime and automatically my acct balance will be credited with 63,000...

I went to my mum, and asked to borrow 1k, she had heard some of the conversation and repeatedly warned me that they were 419...

I be like, naaa it's not maa, you don't know bout this things yo! Back and forth, but she nor gree gimme 1k... Later i went to my neighbor and borrow 1k(on my mother's name) shaybi i will collect prize it will shock her angry

I send card and I waited, immediately something inside my head click embarassed wait, so I load card on my mother's phone, Dem don load am... So I called

Me - erm, hello, Mr tunde, I have yet to receive the balance, nd how I'm I getting the prizes, especially washing machine etc

Scammer- oh, yes he's got it, that they are working on it, he's in a meeting and he would call me as soon as he's through

Me- hmm, meeting I knew things were beginning to "go throwing"

An few minutes later, I called again, it ranged for a while then he picked

Me - hello Mr Tunde, blah blah blah

Scammer- oga, how far.

The moment I heard the word "oga" I came to the realization say "things don set" grin.

I actually thanked him, even though I told him I suppose swear for an, this "early moh moh"but I thanked him anyway and he hunged up...

I got back in and I saw my mum and my neighbor talking embarassed they both said congratulations... I didn't know how they figured out as I haven't said anything, na so slap just dey enter my head hook, line, sinker everything...

Chai.... you fall hand no be small. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian man faces deportation after targeting schools in tax refund fraud in US / NSCDC Officials Broke My Arms, Legs During Dispute – Lawyer (photo) / Mechanic Absconds With Customer’s Car Worth N2.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.