Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? (1127 Views)

Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos / Dele Momodu Reacts As Jide Sanwoolu Joins Governorship Race In Lagos / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by senatordave1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
Am impressed with how he handled the corona pandemic.before the pandemic i thought he was an average governor.with lagos being hit with the virus,he churns out initiatives every hour to limit the virus even more than China and us combined.just today,he came up with an idea to set up makeshift markets that will operate 3 times a week.kudos to babajide

Mynd44
Fergieboy
Helinues
Orientation
Sokosuji
Okpalaanambra
Sanromeo
Meleszenawi
Kingkakaone
Ubongokon
Georgie
Otunski
Mizwisdom
Vicdom
Viktom
Johnnyspute
Azimo
Zombiepunisher
Kylekent
Pruwa
Amarabae
Gandollar
Metaphysical
Oshigun

3 Likes

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by AtikuNetwork: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Presently, yes I believe he is. This Covid-19 crisis brought out the leadership qualities in him. He certainly has a competent team.

4 Likes

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by athaboi(f): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nonsense and ingredients...for wetting?? How many project has he done is he doing? Abeg shift

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by athaboi(f): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
AtikuNetwork:
Presently, yes I believe he is. This Covid-19 crisis brought out the leadership qualities in him. He certainly has a competent team.
bcoz he comes on air to give update?? Jez you guys should just stop already

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nope
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by AtikuNetwork: 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
athaboi:

Why do you sound so pained? Definitely not everyone likes the Lagos governor for different reasons which they are entitled to. By my own personal assessment, leadership is best defined and tested during extraordinary and trying periods. I have followed Sanwolu for sometimes and he is a very well rounded and grounded performer. Same way I rate El-Rufai high in terms of leadership even though he is NOT a PDP governor. As far as project execution and commissioning, I am aware he is not doing badly there either. Anyway, some people including yourself will have a different view on this, and that is fine. No be fight abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Blizzy9ja: 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
athaboi:
That's Nigerians for you, a few weeks to election the same monsters that stole their common patrimony will roll out the drum sharing rice and wrappers and all of a sudden they're saints again... We never learn from history
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by oyoirabor: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
I like him.....
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Kulas: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
PDP or APC apart, which I am a PDP member but I must say that Sanwolu for now if not the best ,he is second to best because of the way he handled what is happening now worldwide
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by athaboi(f): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

Why do you sound so pained? Definitely not everyone likes the Lagos governor for different reasons which they are entitled to. By my own personal assessment, leadership is best defined and tested during extraordinary and trying periods. I have followed Sanwolu for sometimes and he is a very well rounded and grounded performer. Same way I rate El-Rufai high in terms of leadership even though he is NOT a PDP governor. As far as project execution and commissioning, I am aware he is not doing badly there either. Anyway, some people including yourself will have a different view on this, and that is fine. No be fight abeg.
now tell me, what has he done in this so called extraordinary time that deserve the praise The update?? The market closure?? Did he build any center for this Did he announce any palletive for the people of Lagos?? What exactly bro, talk to us

2 Likes

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by GamalNasser: 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
He prove himself a capable crisis leader under these Corona period ...Well I think if his Godfather gives him a free hand he will be a good governor but after Corona the Godfather influence will send him back to his puppet role
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by AtikuNetwork: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
athaboi:
now tell me, what has he done in this so called extraordinary time that deserve the praise The update?? The market closure?? Did he build any center for this Did he announce any palletive for the people of Lagos?? What exactly bro, talk to us

You obviously have serious issues with SanwoOlu, but that is your problem and not mine. But regardless, your type will not like SanwoOlu not because he isn't a performer, but rather because you refuse to see or acknowledge his efforts (perhaps for political reasons undecided ). And that is fine. The palliatives you asked for, some of it have been widely reported in the news (https://www.independent.ng/sanwo-olu-distributes-food-stuffs-to-lagosians/ ) but you either deliberately refuse to acknowledge that, or you are just not as informed as you let on. Please leave my mention. Just as much as you are entitled not to agree that he is the best or like him, so am I entitled to feel that he is. It is not a contest. We move.

2 Likes

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Adaogwashi1(f): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
senatordave1:
Am impressed with how he handled the corona pandemic.before the pandemic i thought he was an average governor.with lagos being hit with the virus,he churns out initiatives every hour to limit the virus even more than China and us combined.just today,he came up with an idea to set up makeshift markets that will operate 3 times a week.kudos to babajide

Mynd44
Fergieboy
Helinues
Orientation
Sokosuji
Okpalaanambra
Sanromeo
Meleszenawi
Kingkakaone
Ubongokon
Georgie
Otunski
Mizwisdom
Vicdom
Viktom
Johnnyspute
Azimo
Zombiepunisher
Kylekent
Pruwa
Amarabae
Gandollar
Metaphysical
Oshigun
He should be commissioner for health or commissioner for enjoyment due to his experience with point and kill not Governor grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by LegendHero(m): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
On the makeshift market, that sounds like a very intelligent plan.

I’ve known Sanwo-Olu is intelligent ever since I heard him speak for the first time on his interview during the campaign season.

He is one of the best governors, if not the best.

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by athaboi(f): 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

You obviously have serious issues with SanwoOlu, but that is your problem and not mine. But regardless, your type will not like SanwoOlu not because he isn't a performer, but rather because you refuse to see or acknowledge his efforts (perhaps for political reasons undecided ). And that is fine. The palliatives you asked for, some of it have been widely reported in the news (https://www.independent.ng/sanwo-olu-distributes-food-stuffs-to-lagosians/ ) but you either deliberately refuse to acknowledge that, or you are just not as informed as you let on. Please leave my mention. Just as much as you are entitled not to agree that he is the best or like him, so am I entitled to feel that he is. It is not a contest. We move.
lolz..you didn't address the point
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by AtikuNetwork: 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
athaboi:
lolz..you didn't address the point

Shege. What point? You said he didn't 'announce palliatives', and I proved you wrong. Look, you problem with the man is personal and that is fine, but at least be man enough to admit it (nobody will beat you) instead of just throwing tantrums everywhere like a kid.

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by athaboi(f): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

Shege. What point? You said he didn't 'announce palliatives', and I proved you wrong. Look, you problem with the man is personal and that is fine, but at least be man enough to admit it instead of just throwing tantrums everywhere like a kid.
why are you telling me shege now, is very simple...I asked you what he has done and you came up with sharing of food. Where exactly, I live in Lagos too...where is the food?? Who did he give?? For how long did they use the food. Nothing concern me with the governor, all I'm saying is that there must be a point for praising him and for now there's none cmon

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
LegendHero:
On the makeshift market, that sounds like a very intelligent plan.

I’ve known Sanwo-Olu is intelligent ever since I heard him speak for the first time on his interview during the campaign season.

He's trying....
No one can deny that

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by AtikuNetwork: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
athaboi:
why are you telling me shege now, is very simple...I asked you what he has done and you came up with sharing of food. Where exactly, I live in Lagos too...where is the food?? Who did he give?? For how long did they use the food. Nothing concern me with the governor, all I'm saying is that there must be a point for praising him and for now there's none cmon

Menene, stop disturbing my mention with this foolishness. Gaskiya I am sure that the same way you didn't know about that palliatives is the same reason you don't know "Where is the food?" If you are a true Lagosian, I that am living all the way in Abuja would not be the one telling you about the activities of the governor of the state. Walahi if you are expecting me to be the one to tell you how to get your own share of the palliatives, you are a big joker.

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Hedonisst: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
Best governor because of Coronavirus? Nah. Not by a long stretch. Lagos is a mass of filth, decorated in parts with ornaments that unsuccessfully suppress the unbearable stench. Even by Nigeria's low standards, the so-called Sanwo-Olu should be among the worst governors in Nigeria, considering the huge resources at his disposal and the vantage position of the Lagos.
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by APCNig: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
Has any State ever produced any Governor half as good as any of Lagos Governors over the years? From the Governor-General of Nigeria Bola Ahmed Tinubu to our wonderful son Babatunde Raji Fashola to our stubborn prodigal son Akinwunmi Ambode to our super boy Sanwo-Eko. No State can march our prestigious sons, if not, you will all be in your backward States instead of sleeping under Lagos bridges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hedonisst:
Best governor because of Coronavirus? Nah. Not by a long stretch. Lagos is a mass of filth, decorated in parts with ornaments that unsuccessfully suppress the unbearable stench. Even by Nigeria's low standards, the so-called Sanwo-Olu should be among the worst governors in Nigeria, considering the huge resources at his disposal and the vantage position of the Lagos.

Lol. Hater alert.

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by APCNig: 6:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hedonisst:

And you still cannot stay in your filthy village. Hatred will kill you.

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by athaboi(f): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

Menene, stop disturbing my mention with this foolishness. Gaskiya I am sure that the same way you didn't know about that palliatives is the same reason you don't know "Where is the food?" If you are a true Lagosian, I that am living all the way in Abuja would not be the one telling you about the activities of the governor of the state. Walahi if you are expecting me to be the one to tell you how to get your own share of the palliatives, you are a big joker.
that is bcoz there no food anywhere to be shared...is just the type of what Tonto dike did on the street of Lagos nothing serious to warrant any praise for now and stop telling me to stop disturbing your mention bcoz you didn't stop either...if you qoute me I go mention you
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
senatordave1:

Mynd44
Fergieboy
Helinues
Orientation
Sokosuji
Okpalaanambra
Sanromeo
Meleszenawi
Kingkakaone
Ubongokon
Georgie
Otunski
Mizwisdom
Vicdom
Viktom
Johnnyspute
Azimo
Zombiepunisher
Kylekent
Pruwa
Amarabae
Gandollar
Metaphysical
Oshigun

Bruv, Sanwo Olu has never been average. His slow start was to familiarize himself with all ongoing project. Once up to speed he has been non-stop.

In fact traffic in Lagos has been its worst since January till only recently when the fight against Covid-19 necessitated the closure of businesses and markets.

This is because of the many and simultaneously ongoing road project Sanwo Olu has initiated or is partnering the FG with to improve the road network of Lagos. Along the Lekki Expressway, for example,the roundabouts are being removed to be replace with straight lanes and filter to alleviate the traffic jam those roundabouts cause at busy periods.

The express along Gbagada end through to Oshodi axis are actually expensive concrete road constructions which are virtually indestructible.

Traffic pain but quality work everywhere which should bear really good results in about 12 months (would have been 6 - 8 but for Covid-19).

Sanwo Olu working while haters and fake critics are wailing.

3 Likes

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by omowolewa: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
He has done well so far

Hope our politicians will come out with their 1kg customized bag of rice in this time of need.

Something like Atikulated rice, PMBrice, AmboRice, SanwoRice, Abbey Rice, GwandojeRice, WhiteLionRice.

Let them give us 4+4 now, a friend in need is a friend in deed.

1 Like

Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Benwems(m): 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
athaboi:
Leave them. They like to hype Lagos governors. What has he done that’s extra ordinary? That was how they were saying fashola was the best governor until they made his minister of power and his cluelessness was exposed. Mscheeew....
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by senatordave1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
He should be commissioner for health or commissioner for enjoyment due to his experience with point and kill not Governor grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
He's better than your mouth opening failure of a governor called okowa
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by okpalaAnambra: 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
candidtalk:

Bruv, Sanwo Olu has never been average. His slow start was to familiarize himself with all ongoing project. Once up to speed he has been non-stop.

In fact traffic in Lagos has been its worst since January till only recently when the fight against Covid-19 necessitated the closure of businesses and markets.

This is because of the many and simultaneously ongoing road project Sanwo Olu has initiated or is partnering the FG with to improve the road network of Lagos. Along the Lekki Expressway, for example,the roundabouts are being removed to be replace with straight lanes and filter to alleviate the traffic jam those roundabouts cause at busy periods.

The express along Gbagada end through to Oshodi axis are actually expensive concrete road constructions which are virtually indestructible.

Traffic pain but quality work everywhere which should bear really good results in about 12 months (would have been 6 - 8 but for Covid-19).

Sanwo Olu working while haters and fake critics are wailing.
Is far too early for this disgusting nonsense you churn out..pride goes before a fall
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by MetaPhysical: 12:18am On Mar 31, 2020
senatordave1:

Mynd44
Fergieboy
Helinues
Orientation
Sokosuji
Okpalaanambra
Sanromeo
Meleszenawi
Kingkakaone
Ubongokon
Georgie
Otunski
Mizwisdom
Vicdom
Viktom
Johnnyspute
Azimo
Zombiepunisher
Kylekent
Pruwa
Amarabae
Gandollar
Metaphysical
Oshigun

My bet is between Sanwo-Olu in Lagos and Abdulrazak in Kwara.
Re: Is Sanwoolu The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Erosion2020: 12:31am On Mar 31, 2020
senatordave1:

Mynd44
Fergieboy
Helinues
Orientation
Sokosuji
Okpalaanambra
Sanromeo
Meleszenawi
Kingkakaone
Ubongokon
Georgie
Otunski
Mizwisdom
Vicdom
Viktom
Johnnyspute
Azimo
Zombiepunisher
Kylekent
Pruwa
Amarabae
Gandollar
Metaphysical
Oshigun
No and yes.
Yes because everything he needed to succeed is there, give Umahi of Ebonyi state 1/5 of the funds in his disposal and see that Sanwo is still learning work or an average.
No because of the summation above.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Gov. Diri Commissions Handwashing Machine As First Project After 5 Month / Revenge Killings Worsening Security Problems In Southern Kaduna ― Presidency / Photos From APC Rally In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.