Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

7000 German tourists to evacuate South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7000 German tourists to evacuate South Africa (373 Views)

New Trump Rule May Require Some African Tourists To Pay Up To $15,000 In Bonds / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7000 German tourists to evacuate South Africa by TMKsouth: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
The German embassy in South Africa is making plans to repatriate some 7,000 of its nationals who are stuck in the country.

German ambassador to South Africa Martin Schäfer on Monday told SA FM Radio that they estimate there could be between "seven to nine thousand Germans stuck in the country".

"We need a lot of help. We have a strong partner in South African Airways who is willing to help us with the repatriation flights and we rely now somewhat on the assistance... of the South African government to make sure that our people can make it to the airport and can be flown out."

Speaking at an inter-ministerial media briefing on Friday, SA Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula said the evacuation would take place on Tuesday.

Already, 47 German tourists are under quarantine in the country after one of them tested positive to Covid-19.

South Africa has closed its borders to high-risk European countries, including Germany, and is currently in a nationwide total lockdown.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-47639452

1 Like

Re: 7000 German tourists to evacuate South Africa by rusher14: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
I was telling someone on the other thread.
Re: 7000 German tourists to evacuate South Africa by TMKsouth: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
rusher14:
I was telling someone on the other thread.

I noticed people there feel insulted that foreigners are leaving Nigeria.
Re: 7000 German tourists to evacuate South Africa by WannaHowzit(m): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
Everyone should stay home for now, no more traveling.

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Official Executive Order For Suspending Entry Of Immigrants / The Lock Down In My Area In Port Harcourt / The Top 10 Big Cities To Live In America...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.