Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Police Arrest 12 Massob Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 12 Massob Members (2582 Views)

Police Arrest 68 MASSOB Members In Imo / Massob Members Killed In Onitsha (Picture) / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by OchiAgha2(m): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2010
Police arrest 12 MASSOB members

The police in Aba, Abia State on Christmas Eve, arrested 12 members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB). The men were said to be hoisting the Biafran flag along Mbaise Road, Off Ngwa Road in the commercial city in commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ when they were apprehended.

Condemning the arrest, MASSOB’s Administrator for Aba Region, Mrs. Comfort Ogbokiri said it was wrong for the police to have arrested her members for exercising their fundamental human rights. Speaking through her Director of Information, Mr. Sunny Okereafor, Mrs. Ogbokiri wondered why people who were not criminals could be arrested and their friends and relations barred from seeing them. According to her, “my men were hoisting the Biafran flag along Mbaise Road to commemorate the Christmas when they were arrested by the police. They are not kidnappers or armed robbers but members of MASSOB who were merely exercising their legitimate rights.

She was apprehensive that seven of the arrested MASSOB members might have been labelled and killed by the police as kidnappers since visits to the Central Police Station, Aba, have yielded no information about the whereabouts of the said men. In her words: “When we went to the CPS, Aba, one inspector who only identified himself as Gabriel, told us there were only five MASSOB members in the cell. He could not tell us the whereabouts of the remaining seven members.
“Going by the situation in the state at the moment, we are afraid our members might have been killed in the guise of being kidnappers or armed robbers,” she said stressing that if the reverse were the case, the men should be charged to court, latest by Wednesday, or be released without further delay.   

She reiterated the organisation’s policy of fighting a legitimate course bereft of violence, stating that if the seven had been killed, their corpses should be returned to them for proper burial. Ogbokiri urged all MASSOB members in the region to remain calm in the face of what she called a deliberate attempt by the Nigerian police to cause mayhem in the state through wanton arrest of her members.

-Ndi Igbo
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
Our police men, doing the greater good for this nation grin

According to her, “my men were hoisting the Biafran flag along Mbaise Road to commemorate the Christmas when they were arrested by the police. They are not kidnappers or armed robbers but members of MASSOB who were merely exercising their legitimate rights.

mu he he! Guilty until proven innocent. tongue
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by lagbaja20: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
According to her, “my men were hoisting the Biafran flag along Mbaise Road to commemorate the Christmas when they were arrested by the police. T[b]hey are not kidnappers or armed robbers[/b] but members of MASSOB who were merely exercising their legitimate rights.

Yet
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by udezue(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2010
Leadership of MASSOB should be ashamed of itself. You can't have all these members and not gurantee their safety and defense against bloody Nigerian police. I believe its imperative that MASSOB get a militant wing to fend off these attacks. Non-violence in Nigeria is a useless tactic.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by OchiAgha2(m): 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
udezue:

Leadership of MASSOB should be ashamed of itself. You can't have all these members and not gurantee their safety and defense against bloody Nigerian police. I believe its imperative that MASSOB get a militant wing to fend off these attacks. Non-violence in Nigeria is a useless tactic.

MASSOB has been disappointing me lately. Maybe they should take a page from the playbook used by the OPC. Why are Igbos so non-violent? This turn the other cheek nonsense is becoming too much for me.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by udezue(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

MASSOB has been disappointing me lately. Maybe they should take a page from the playbook used by the OPC. Why are Igbos so non-violent? This turn the other cheek nonsense is becoming too much for me.

Ridiculous!!!
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Dede1(m): 4:06am On Dec 31, 2010
I am afraid Ndigbo will be at receiving end if total anarchy besieges Nigeria. Ndigbo seemed to have forgotten that a barking dog without teeth can not bite.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:15am On Dec 31, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked massop angry angry angry

what is biafran flag doing in nigeria angry angry angry

i do not support it,,,,at all

if some of us are biafrans, then we should mive to biafra not nigeria

this is simply eating ur cake (want biafra) and having it (want nigeria) angry angry

impossible undecided
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Olaedo1: 4:21am On Dec 31, 2010
alj harem1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked massop angry angry angry

what is biafran flag doing in nigeria angry angry angry

i do not support it,,,,at all

if some of us are biafrans, then we should mive to biafra not nigeria

this is simply eating your cake (want biafra) and having it (want nigeria) angry angry

impossible undecided

Give it a rest. First you disgrace Awo's name now you're dabbling into igbo business.what's your problem.If you have nothing meaningful to say or post then stop wasting time and space.grow up.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:31am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

Give it a rest. First you disgrace Awo's name now you're dabbling into igbo business.what's your problem.If you have nothing meaningful to say or post then stop wasting time and space.grow up.
and how does that relate to the topic undecided undecided

are you following me around or what,,, angry angry

i disgraced awo's name by saying he did not commit suicide claimed by some websites with facts and figures angry

and how does awo relate to the topic undecided

my people are in massop arrested by the nigerian police and i am advising them not to fly the biafran flag in nigeria and you are tell me to grow up undecided

pls i do not want to insult u so just stay on your own and post the crap you want to post angry

and why should i give it a rest when 7 people are missing,,,only God know's were they are angry angry angry cry cry cry cry

thank you smiley
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Olaedo1: 4:34am On Dec 31, 2010
alj harem1:

and how does that relate to the topic undecided undecided

are you following me around or what,,, angry angry

i disgraced awo's name by saying he did not commit suicide claimed by some websites with facts and figures angry

and how does awo relate to the topic undecided

my people are in massop arrested by the nigerian police and i am advising them not to fly the biafran flag in nigeria and you are tell me to grow up undecided

pls i do not want to insult u so just stay on your own and post the crap you want to post angry

thank you smiley

Grow up. Your comment are ignorant. Stay out of igbo issues,they don't concern you and you have nothing intelligent to say about those issues either.And to add to that,keep yoruba leaders' names out of your mouth.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:38am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

Grow up. Your comment are ignorant. Stay out of igbo issues,they don't concern you and you have nothing intelligent to say about those issues either.And to add to that,keep yoruba leaders' names out of your mouth.

is this one mad undecided undecided

why should i stay out of there issue when i am igbo myself angry angry

so because i do not support some of the thing you people want me to say makes me a non-igbo

u see how silly you sound
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Onlytruth(m): 4:42am On Dec 31, 2010
alj harem1:

so because i do not support some of the thing you people want me to say makes me a non-igbo

Translate this Igbo:

"Anam eme ka efi"

If you can't, then shame on you!
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Ymodulus: 4:44am On Dec 31, 2010
alj harem1:

dont mind the full he his as f-o-o-l-i-s-h like each and every one of his yoruba counterpart
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Olaedo1: 4:47am On Dec 31, 2010
alj harem1:

You are not Igbo or kanuri like you claim.If you don't want to admit being yoruba then fine but take note, to not mention the name of any yoruba leader, or enter in any yoruba matter at all. You have been constantly bring the name of the yoruba race to the dirt and you need to stop and also cut out the igbo bashing,its immature and pointless.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 31, 2010
wazzup with all these Igbo boys and Yoruba IDs?
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:49am On Dec 31, 2010
Onlytruth:

Translate this Igbo:

"Anam eme ka efi"

If you can't, then shame on you!

onlytruth my brother,, as i said before i do not really know igbo

haba

but i think it is something about anam has do well for you/us not too sure but i am trying to learn the language
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Olaedo1: 4:49am On Dec 31, 2010
Ymodulus:

dont mind the full he his as f-o-o-l-i-s-h like each and every one of his yoruba counterpart

Man with no tribe.You dare call someone foolish because your tribe is not known or in the lime light.grow up and do for your own people.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by tpia1: 4:49am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

You are not Igbo or kanuri like you claim.If you don't want to admit being yoruba then fine but take note, to not mention the name of any yoruba leader, or enter in any yoruba matter at all. You have been constantly bring the name of the yoruba race to the dirt and you need to stop and also cut out the igbo bashing,its immature and pointless.

^^why would you assume he's yoruba?
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Olaedo1: 4:51am On Dec 31, 2010
tpia1:

^^why would you assume he's yoruba?

He's slipped up more than once and he is yet to talk about any news about his "kanuri" people and he seems to dabble in every yoruba issue.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by lagbaja20: 4:51am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

Whats your problem
Why dont you mind your phuccking business

One more word against Alhaji Harem Uche Ciroma, and I will twist your neck until I snuff life out of you

You person!
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:52am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

grin grin grin grin grin

so i am now yoruba because i put yoruba name to dirt grin grin

or i am not igbo because i speak the truth grin

i am not kanuri or northerner because i do not support your views or the majority of igbos here grin grin

i tell you,,,, i are one daft person,,,,,fact smiley
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by tpia1: 4:53am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

He's slipped up more than once and he is yet to talk about any news about his "kanuri" people and he seems to dabble in every yoruba issue.

he said he spent time in lagos.

previously, he also said he's kanuri but speaks and knows hausa better.
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by Olaedo1: 4:53am On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20:

Whats your problem
Why dont you mind your phuccking business

One more word against Alhaji Harem Uche Ciroma, and I will twist your neck until I snuff life out of you

You person!

grin
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:54am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

Man with no tribe.You dare call someone foolish because your tribe is not known or in the lime light.grow up and do for your own people.

how do you know he has no tribe,,

you see how daft you sound

just because his views does not suit yours, does that mean you must insult him

i think you are very stu.pid for assuming because you have not seen any of us before mumu undecided
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:55am On Dec 31, 2010
tpia1:

he said he spent time in lagos.

previously, he also said he's kanuri but speaks and knows hausa better.

thank you, i clearly stated that when i join NL
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:55am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

grin

and what i funny,,,, my name angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by lagbaja20: 4:57am On Dec 31, 2010
alj harem1:

and what i funny,,,, my name angry angry angry angry angry angry

Alhaji would you like to marry Tpiah?

She is yoruba too, like Ileke-Idi, with Big Ynash.

I know you like big yanshes
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 4:59am On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20:

Alhaji would you like to marry Tpiah?

She is yoruba too, like Ileke-Idi, with Big Ynash.

I know you like big yanshes
grin grin grin grin grin grin

lagbaja20 grin grin you are one craze man grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by lagbaja20: 5:01am On Dec 31, 2010
alj harem1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

lagbaja20 grin grin you are one craze man grin grin

I am serious
I can arrange that to happen

I think she'd be happy to have your baby

See how she's defending you. . . isnt that lovely?
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 5:09am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

grin

look ola edo,,, i am a very honest person, and i hate see the lies

i am not the only igbo that disagree with some of the igbos on NL,, we have abagworo, inked nerd who does not like ojukwu or massop just like me because of also her pass experience,,,, sometimes eve chineyeN and others

so know your facts  smiley

are you akin-egba or igbo because i know some of my brother do not like hearing the truth and they result to insult justlike the way you started

but since you are posting like a naive person, i will forgive you

lesson in life;;;;; never assume, always be sure before you make accusation because it can put you in a very big trouble brother smiley
Re: Police Arrest 12 Massob Members by aljharem11(m): 5:10am On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20:

I am serious
I can arrange that to happen

I think she'd be happy to have your baby

See how she's defending you. . . isnt that lovely?
grin grin grin grin grin grin lagbaja20 but i do not mind if she does not already have a suitor wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles / “you Have A Hand In The Murder Of Bola Ige” – Lagbaja Rejects Omisore’s Offer / Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination In 1961, General Aliyu Gusau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.