Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,786 members, 7,841,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police (50872 Views)

Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses / Why Atiku’s Picture Was Not Included On PDP Branded Vehicles – Makinde / Northerners With Megaphone Campaigning For Obi In Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by wirinet(m): 7:02am On Mar 31, 2020
klas:

The Police statement was issued when Lagos state governor initially shut down open markets. It doesn't apply to the total shutdown declared by the president.
Then why bring it to front page on nairaland now? It will confuse lots of people.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 31, 2020
Nigerian police will catch you and you must "see them" or else you will go to station for "statement". And we know what that means. Bail money will be paid
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Dalsonjo: 7:14am On Mar 31, 2020
Pierced:
This should not be so.

Y should some people just open mouth and pour out rubbish without thinking of their response
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Tywo2018: 7:14am On Mar 31, 2020
Two versions na true oo. Make I no jump I dey my house
hisexcellency34:
This is Sanwo-Olu's own, not Buhari' s restriction
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by NaijadrivaCars: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2020
Street shops don't hammer but how do they restock?
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by franchasng: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2020
Deadratgrill:
Nig police? Hope they are not intentionally luring people out so they can extort them
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by ericmor: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2020
Deadratgrill:
Nig police? Hope they are not intentionally luring people out so they can extort them

U grab
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Yakenn(m): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2020
princeFAD:
Confusion here and there. This is the result when the president makes order and disappears. In a sane atmosphere, after president’s speech in this type of situation, he would take couples of questions to clarify some grey areas that may not be clear to common man
Does he understand the write up given to him to read? U are causing confusion if u want him to answer questions thereafter grin grin

1 Like

Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by StagethemTVee: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2020
Is this police boss thinking? They should open a salon and accomodate 25 people, when there is a viral infection spread by contact running wild. 25 people from different homes sharing air and materials. Oga police e, wetin be dis e...in psquare's voice
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by prisho7(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2020
Nice one from cp; in dt case my training on car tracking installation, car diagnosing & digital marketing will hold for just d first 5 persons to register https://pswglobalsolutions.com/2020/03/23/training/
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by ashawopikin(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2020
Na so dem dey talk o
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Kylekent59: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2020
A total lock down not a partial lock down.

If shops on the streets open, then everything is useless.

Can't we all be coporative in this country?

Just two weeks we can't just close eyes and obey.

Don't you people know that retail shops would be imperilled? Onece a person who has the virus makes contact with the retailer, he / she contracts it which could be very dangerous to residents of the area.

Now I know that some Nigerians are "Mad"

You blame the president for incompetence, but here some of you are hoping for the opposite to happen.

He stated clearly 33 - 35 that all activities should be suspended; markets, streets businesses, and movements. That is a smart idea, but here we are on this forum, some people are opting for retail shops to be opened.

I read on this page, a lady who is a retailer, who wants shops on the street to be closed.

Nigerians please, comply for once. Just two weeks people are finding it difficult to obey.

As from today, I will start defending the president. Now I know where the fault comes from.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2020
Deadratgrill:

grin grin grin

just like someone pouring down some corn seeds for a chicken, but leading the chicken to his kitchen for a killing. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by viccipedia: 7:45am On Mar 31, 2020
The country is really confused... why then is there a lockdown? Or what is the meaning of the lockdown? Who then should be indoors? From the lists I can see above, almost everyone is exempted. They’re probably just stopping the state to state and maybe local government to local government spread.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 31, 2020
seunlayi:
This is not a good move or adjustment from the police. But it will be safer to just suspend all transactions with the street sellers for now because many of them can be careless and start spreading this virus around. An infected seller can infect every household in the street. Better to just be on your own at this time. A meal a day while you sit at home during lockdown of 2 weeks can keep one going.... A word for the wise.

Abeg make dem spray am, Hunger no go kill us, person wey go catch corona or corona go catch go still catch am.

So make them close street market abi

Thunder
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Nmezor(f): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2020
Kool
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by olowo1995(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 31, 2020
There is no lock down. What they are doing is eye service to impress the world. Audio sit at home but practical operate from streets.

Even though I know it is going to be impossible to lock down Lagos just as it is impossible for one person to give good governance to a country as big and disorganized as Nigeria.

By and large the only thing that can save us is the breakthrough in the vaccine but if it is this cock and bull story, sorry.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Wallade(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2020
seunlayi:
This is not a good move or adjustment from the police. But it will be safer to just suspend all transactions with the street sellers for now because many of them can be careless and start spreading this virus around. An infected seller can infect every household in the street. Better to just be on your own at this time. A meal a day while you sit at home during lockdown of 2 weeks can keep one going.... A word for the wise.

Oh shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2020
This should have been said earlier than now. Ppl would have brought things home to sell from big markets. It is well.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Wallade(m): 8:15am On Mar 31, 2020
Kylekent59:
A total lock down not a partial lock down.

If shops on the streets open, then everything is useless.

Can't we all be coporative in this country?

Just two weeks we can't just close eyes and obey.

Don't you people know that retail shops would be imperilled? Onece a person who has the virus makes contact with the retailer, he / she contracts it which could be very dangerous to residents of the area.

Now I know that some Nigerians are "Mad"

You blame the president for incompetence, but here some of you are hoping for the opposite to happen.

He stated clearly 33 - 35 that all activities should be suspended; markets, streets businesses, and movements. That is a smart idea, but here we are on this forum, some people are opting for retail shops to be opened.

I read on this page, a lady who is a retailer, who wants shops on the street to be closed.

Nigerians please, comply for once. Just two weeks people are finding it difficult to obey.

As from today, I will start defending the president. Now I know where the fault comes from.

Oh shut up!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:15am On Mar 31, 2020
seunlayi:

So after lockdown they can nurse ulcers
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Clothingonline9(m): 8:19am On Mar 31, 2020
Let shops open
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by EgunMogaji2: 8:23am On Mar 31, 2020
Pierced:
This should not be so.

We’re not serious.

Total lockdown is what’s needed.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by carpdiemz: 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
princeFAD:
Confusion here and there. This is the result when the president makes order and disappears. In a sane atmosphere, after president’s speech in this type of situation, he would take couples of questions to clarify some grey areas that may not be clear to common man

I weak I swear d way trump used to attend to media is very lovely unlike dis fool we have his only after power not the primary assignment
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by byinks(f): 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
desireoge:
This is nonsense. I have a shop on the street but I'm also advocating for a complete lock down. I close my burglary to buyers but the all gather in front of it leaning on it to buy. We need a total lock down. What's 2weeks compared to saving lives. Buy garri and sugar and keep you won't die after two weeks haba!

My friend your government is only saying 2 weeks to fool you. After 2 weeks they will keep extending it. The goal is 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by ebukason3(m): 8:31am On Mar 31, 2020
No open, unless your house is not far from your shop/business. Even if you must open, just open the door and do not bring anything outside.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by GEEBITE: 8:36am On Mar 31, 2020
Flout*
Opexzy:

What should now be so?.... Lock everywhere and deny we that we need kuli kuli to drink our Gari access abi... grin grin

Watch how some policemen will flaunt this order knowingly.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by Illusioneffect(m): 8:43am On Mar 31, 2020
suremanpatriot:
Eko for Show! Tinubu is workin,fash is workin,ambo is wkin,Sanwo Olu is leadin.I LOVE THIS LAGOS.VERY PRAGMATIC AND VERY COURAGEOUS LEADERSHIP EXAMPLE TO AFRICA grin
You dont allow fear or panic to overtak your sense of reasonin.
When a Leader is confronted with a moments of crisis he or she coverges a proactive team to strategiz and keep society workin with order with reassuring life and livelihood.Welldone Lagos Govt Leaders
mtcheeew
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by ViktorCash: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2020
While in RIVERS STATE,TASK FORCE ARE CLOSING STREET SHOPS DOWN AND MOLESTING PEOPLE angry angry angry
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by fof1: 8:51am On Mar 31, 2020
walygy:

https://thenationonlineng.net/street-shops-not-included-in-markets-shutdowns-police/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT IN PORT HARCOURT RIVERS STATE, NOT BRUTALITY AND WICKEDNESS. PLS.
Re: Street Shops Not Included In Markets Shutdowns – Police by luluman: 8:54am On Mar 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Then it's not a Total shutdown .
Its a middle shutdown.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi / Yakubu Dogara's Easter Message Sets Twitter On Fire / Governor Fayose And Osinbajo Laughing In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.