Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More (2323 Views)

Private Jets: Neymar Vs. Ronaldo Vs. Messi / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have dominated world football throughout their entire careers, and given their quality, you’d be forgiven for assuming that they do it all on their own.

Specifically, data from Transfermarkt to compile two definitive top-six lists of the players who have assisted Messi and Ronaldo the most throughout their illustrious careers.

Lionel Messi

1. Pedro - 32 assists
2. Xavi - 35 assists
3. Neymar -36 assists
4. Dani Alves - 43 assists
5. Iniesta - 44 assists
6. Suarez - 54 assists

Cristiano Ronaldo

1. Ryan Giggs - 20 assists
2. Marcelo - 25 assists
3. Angel Di Maria - 25 assists
4. Mesut Ozil - 31 assists
5. Gareth Bale - 32 assists
6. Karim Benzema - 47 assists

https://www.givemesport.com/1559390-lionel-messi-and-cristiano-ronaldos-top-6-providers-have-been-revealed
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
With the way Barcelona fans keep shouting 'Bale, Bale', one would think he's assisted Ronaldo 100 times , not knowing him and Neymar are on the same assists to a particular player

Now look at benzemiss grin... I'm surprised even Suarez had assisted Messi more than he did Ronaldo... Perhaps if Suarez didn't pass to Messi, he would have won ballondor or European best grin

Even see Marcelo assists is not as much as Dani Alves grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ddippset
Astark
Cr7lomo
Firstworlds
Pur3ple
Eni4real
Obonujoker
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ddippset
Astark
Cr7lomo
Firstworlds
Pu7pl3
Eni4real
Obonujoker
Gibzzhd
Peterd53
Tlona1
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
Jokerman:
Ddippset
Astark
Cr7lomo
Firstworlds
Pu7pl3
Eni4real
Obonujoker
Gibzzhd
Ballon d'or assisted Messi 6 times
But assisted Cristiano 5 times grin

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
eni4real:

Ballon d'or assisted Messi 6 times
But assisted Cristiano 5 times grin

What can you say about Suarez assists grin
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Jokerman:

What can you say about Suarez assists grin
Who has highest assist in the history of football??
Giggs , followed by MESSI!!!

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
eni4real:

Stop beating around the bush....what can you say about Suarez assists to Messi with Barcelona philosophy of pass the ball to Messi always grin

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Jokerman:

Stop beating around the bush....what can you say about Suarez assists to Messi with Barcelona philosophy of pass the ball to Messi always grin
What about Messi being the player with most assists in the last Decade?? grin

What about most assists in the entire La liga history, Copa America history, Argentina history??

Top assister in World cup history??
2nd highest assist in UCL history??

7 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by ddippset(m): 12:46am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:
With the way Barcelona fans keep shouting 'Bale, Bale', one would think he's assisted Ronaldo 100 times , not knowing him and Neymar are on the same assists to a particular player

Now look at benzemiss grin... I'm surprised even Suarez had assisted Messi more than he did Ronaldo... Perhaps if Suarez didn't pass to Messi, he would have won ballondor or European best grin

Even see Marcelo assists is not as much as Dani Alves grin
It takes 2 to make an Assist.

The Passer and The scorer.

The only thing your Assist stats reveal is that Messi is more prolific than Ronaldo..

Now pls give us the stats also for shots on target/chances converted.

I bet you that Ronaldo would have taken like 10,000 shots on target to Messi's 5,000 maybe...

I am sure that Ronaldo has the highest shots on target in history.
We've seen many games where Ronaldo has 10 shots on target without scoring.

So by the time Ronaldo continues to miss Goals how then could they register as Assists?

5 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 6:04am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
What about Messi being the player with most assists in the last Decade?? grin

What about most assists in the entire La liga history, Copa America history, Argentina history??

Top assister in World cup history??
2nd highest assist in UCL history??

Point of correction, Pele is the player with most assists in world cup history with 10, and Messi with 8.

I understand you... But why do your fans castigate Ronaldo for the same thing Messi is guilty of?

You guy shout Benzema, Bale etc, as if they've assisted Ronaldo up to 100 times

Just imagine neyymar has made more assists go Messi than Bale as to Ronaldo
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 6:06am On Mar 31, 2020
ddippset:
It takes 2 to make an Assist.

The Passer and The scorer.

The only thing your Assist stats reveal is that Messi is more prolific than Ronaldo..

Now pls give us the stats also for shots on target/chances converted.

I bet you that Ronaldo would have taken like 10,000 shots on target to Messi's 5,000 maybe...

I am sure that Ronaldo has the highest shots on target in history.
We've seen many games where Ronaldo has 10 shots on target without scoring.

So by the time Ronaldo continues to miss Goals how then could they register as Assists?

Looking at the assists stats, you could see that the most are Madrid players....

When Ronaldo was in laliga, who was more prolific, Messi or Ronaldo??

Well that's not the point anyway, so Neymar made more assists to Messi than Bale made to Ronaldo? Even Dani Alves than Marcelo

Now I know why you can't win UCL again tongue
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Astark: 6:53am On Mar 31, 2020
You've no argument bro.

Do you know Messi has assited xavi, Neymar and Suarez more than they have assisted him?

Ronaldo isn't like Messi in scoring because he would have scored the goals his midfielders keep creating.

I just don't understand this argument or what you are trying to pass
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by gibzzhd: 8:16am On Mar 31, 2020
So with all the noise about Marcelo assisting Ronaldo he no even reach Alves assisting Messi and yet when Alves left there was no noise.Some players are just overhyped

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by chiboy1116: 8:17am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

dude are u this messed up? U always bring up bs when comparing . Which one be who assisted more . Wtf are u saying , I don't even get the essence of this bull crap . Lmfao . These Ronaldo fanboys sef . See utterly stupid comparison

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by chiboy1116: 8:19am On Mar 31, 2020
Astark:
You've no argument bro.

Do you know Messi has assited xavi, Neymar and Suarez more than they have assisted him?

Ronaldo isn't like Messi in scoring because he would have scored the goals his midfielders keep creating.

I just don't get that dude bro . He always cooks up bs . Even piers Morgan no go do this kind thing , even though he's a sycophant . This comparison just looks stupid . Which kind stat be this ?

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by chiboy1116: 8:21am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Looking at the assists stats, you could see that the most are Madrid players....

When Ronaldo was in laliga, who was more prolific, Messi or Ronaldo??

Well that's not the point anyway, so Neymar made more assists to Messi than Bale made to Ronaldo? Even Dani Alves than Marcelo

Now I know why you can't win UCL again tongue
well Messi assisted Suarez , neymar , xavi , iniesta , villa , Henry , Pedro more than they assisted him .
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by chiboy1116: 8:28am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
Messi has more assists bro

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 8:47am On Mar 31, 2020
chiboy1116:
dude are u this messed up? U always bring up bs when comparing . Which one be who assisted more . Wtf are u saying , I don't even get the essence of this bull crap . Lmfao . These Ronaldo fanboys sef . See utterly stupid comparison

You guys accuse Ronaldo of impeding Benzema because he assists Ronaldo, I'm just trying to show you that Messi also impedes Suarez as well grin

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2020
Astark:
You've no argument bro.

You guys accused Ronaldo of not letting Benzema and Bale score goals because they assists Ronaldo, but I'm showing y'all that Messi receives more assists from his teammates than Ronaldo e.g Suarez,Neymar etc, yet no one accused him of impeding their developmentangry... Why??

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 8:53am On Mar 31, 2020
chiboy1116:
I just don't get that dude bro . He always cooks up bs . Even piers Morgan no go do this kind thing , even though he's a sycophant . This comparison just looks stupid . Which kind stat be this ?

Suarez has assisted Messi more than Benzema has assisted Ronaldo, yet you Barca fans keep castigating Ronaldo that he doesn't allow Benzema reach his potential.... That's the reason grin
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 8:54am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:

Messi has more assists than Giggs. Infact after Messi is Ronaldo in assists ranking
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Astark: 8:55am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

You guys accused Ronaldo of not letting Benzema and Bale score goals because they assists Ronaldo, but I'm showing y'all that Messi receives more assists from his teammates than Ronaldo e.g Suarez,Neymar etc, yet no one accused him of impeding their developmentangry... Why??
I think it's because Ronaldo keeps changing clubs so as his team mates.

If ozil, Rooney or other players played with Ronaldo in one club, they will have more assits.

You are comparing xavi to benzema? Messi that started football with xavi lol
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 9:03am On Mar 31, 2020
Astark:
I think it's because Ronaldo keeps changing clubs so as his team mates.

If ozil, Rooney or other players played with Ronaldo in one club, they will have more assits.

You are comparing xavi to benzema? Messi that started football with xavi lol

I'm not comparing Xavi o

It's Suarez vs Benzema
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by babakb: 9:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Breeze don blow, fowl nyash don open...
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Astark: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2020
I just want to say this is a stupid argument and it makes no sense
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Messi has more assists than Giggs. Infact after Messi is Ronaldo in assists ranking
Oh!
I always see Giggs as the king of Assist. Don't mind me!
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 31, 2020
chiboy1116:
Messi has more assists bro
Noted!
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by chiboy1116: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

You guys accuse Ronaldo of impeding Benzema because he assists Ronaldo, I'm just trying to show you that Messi also impedes Suarez as well grin
yo there's a lot to football than assists and goals . Benzema creates a lot of space for Ronaldo to drive in . Few strikers in the world can do that , he was definitely involved in ronaldos success at Madrid ust like Suarez is involved in Messis success at Barca .
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Point of correction, Pele is the player with most assists in world cup history with 10, and Messi with 8.

I understand you... But why do your fans castigate Ronaldo for the same thing Messi is guilty of?

You guy shout Benzema, Bale etc, as if they've assisted Ronaldo up to 100 times

Just imagine neyymar has made more assists go Messi than Bale as to Ronaldo
I said 'Top assister'. I didn't say 'Most assist' in the World cup'. I meant one of the best assister in World cup history!

I think people talk about Benzema and Bale because, it seems they sacrificed themselves for Cristiano such that he should be the point man..
Especially Benzema who is supposed to be a Number 9...
If Bale get a goal scoring opportunity, it is expected of him to score or pass to Ronaldo.. If he fails, then everyone will be like why don't you pass to Cristiano!!

You also have to look at individual abilities of these players.
Neymar and Suarez are more creative than Bale(who rely on shot power) and Benzema (though he is a good dribbler).

Messi shared the spotlight with Neymar and Suarez seamlessly. I think the ability to share the spotlight and make everyone look great is what make people to praise Messi among the trident..

Suarez won the European Golden shoe in the process and finished 4th in the Ballon d'or

Neymar also finished 3rd in the Ballon d'or and also became a joint too scorer in the UCL of 2015!

Bale and Benzema has never gotten to that level throughout the time they played with Cristiano!!!

That is why people say.. Bale and Benzema sacrificed themselves for Cristiano in order to play safe!!
Not merely by the number of assists!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:34am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
I said 'Top assister'. I didn't say 'Most assist' in the World cup'. I meant one of the best assister in World cup history!

I think people talk about Benzema and Bale because, it seems they sacrificed themselves for Cristiano such that he should be the point man..
Especially Benzema who is supposed to be a Number 9...
If Bale get a goal scoring opportunity, it is expected of him to score or pass to Ronaldo.. If he fails, then everyone will be like why don't you pass to Cristiano!!

You also have to look at individual abilities of these players.
Neymar and Suarez are more creative than Bale(who rely on shot power) and Benzema (though he is a good dribbler).

Messi shared the spotlight with Neymar and Suarez seamlessly. I think the ability to share the spotlight and make everyone look great is what make people to praise Messi among the trident..

Suarez won the European Golden shoe in the process and finished 4th in the Ballon d'or

Neymar also finished 3rd in the Ballon d'or and also became a joint too scorer in the UCL of 2015!

Bale and Benzema has never gotten to that level throughout the time they played with Cristiano!!!

That is why people say.. Bale and Benzema sacrificed themselves for Cristiano in order to play safe!!
Not merely by the number of assists!!!

But modric won ballondor playing with Ronaldo...mention any player that has won ballondor playing with Messi

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

But modric won ballondor playing with Ronaldo...mention any player that has won ballondor playing with Messi
And all is down to Cristiano's selflessness??

Capital NO..

World cup Golden ball is the reason why Modric ruled 2018!!!

Cristiano is still surprised till today.. 'How can Modric take the Ballon d'or away from me'
I'm sure that is what his mind keep telling him!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Prediction Directly To Your Phone / Where's My Phone? How To Locate Your Lost (or Stolen) Smartphone / Football Result | Pools Results | Soccer Results | Pool Live Score Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.