Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,564 members, 7,865,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More (2381 Views)

Private Jets: Neymar Vs. Ronaldo Vs. Messi / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
I said 'Top assister'. I didn't say 'Most assist' in the World cup'. I meant one of the best assister in World cup history!

I think people talk about Benzema and Bale because, it seems they sacrificed themselves for Cristiano such that he should be the point man..
Especially Benzema who is supposed to be a Number 9...
If Bale get a goal scoring opportunity, it is expected of him to score or pass to Ronaldo.. If he fails, then everyone will be like why don't you pass to Cristiano!!

You also have to look at individual abilities of these players.
Neymar and Suarez are more creative than Bale(who rely on shot power) and Benzema (though he is a good dribbler).

Messi shared the spotlight with Neymar and Suarez seamlessly. I think the ability to share the spotlight and make everyone look great is what make people to praise Messi among the trident..

Suarez won the European Golden shoe in the process and finished 4th in the Ballon d'or

Neymar also finished 3rd in the Ballon d'or and also became a joint too scorer in the UCL of 2015!

Bale and Benzema has never gotten to that level throughout the time they played with Cristiano!!!

That is why people say.. Bale and Benzema sacrificed themselves for Cristiano in order to play safe!!
Not merely by the number of assists!!!

Lol...Benzema that is top 4 highest goal scored in UCL...
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
And all is down to Cristiano's selflessness??

Capital NO..

World cup Golden ball is the reason why Modric ruled 2018!!!

Even after winning world cup and euros, Xavi and Iniesta each won the ballondor due to Messi selflessness too na grin
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Even after winning world cup and euros, Xavi and Iniesta each won the ballondor due to Messi selflessness too na grin
Your comment will be valid if Xavi or Iniesta won the World cup Golden ball!!

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol...Benzema that is top 4 highest goal scored in UCL...
That includes his goals in Lyon!!
He was a prodigy there !!!
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:46am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
Your comment will be valid if Xavi or Iniesta won the World cup Golden ball!!

Even when the highest competition in 2012 was Euros, and Iniesta won euros golden ball??

I laff at you bro
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:48am On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
That includes his goals in Lyon!!
He was a prodigy there !!!

I understand you bro.... Just so you know Suarez assists Messi the same way Benzema did Ronaldo...
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Even when the highest competition in 2012 was Euros, and Iniesta won euros golden ball??

I laff at you bro
I think he won UEFA best player award for that!!!

2012 version of Messi , is the highest level of football!!! Hence, the Ballon d'or!!!

Iniesta can't do anything about that!!

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by peterd53(m): 11:52am On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

I laff at you bro

Talk about Xavi nigga.......don’t b bias
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by ebig21(m): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
What about Messi being the player with most assists in the last Decade?? grin

What about most assists in the entire La liga history, Copa America history, Argentina history??

Top assister in World cup history??
2nd highest assist in UCL history??

Ronaldo has the highest assist in ucl
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
ebig21:

Ronaldo has the highest assist in ucl
Where else??
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by gibzzhd: 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
Oh! I always see Giggs as the king of Assist. Don't mind me!
EPL decite
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by gibzzhd: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

But modric won ballondor playing with Ronaldo...mention any player that has won ballondor playing with Messi

Because Ronaldo don't play for coratia
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:

Where else??

UCL
Real Madrid
Portugal
Euros (Ronaldo is euros all time assist maker)
Ronaldo is also euros all time highest goals scorer

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

UCL
Real Madrid
Portugal
When I say where else, it means apart from the UCL!!!

Real Madrid: Just the club . Not even in the League

Portugal: Just the Country, not even in Euro history or in the World cup!!

He is trying tho!!!

Hope he win the World best playmaker award one day!!

Assists, chances Creation and dribbling stat must be high in a season to achieve that!!!!
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:
When I say where else, it means apart from the UCL!!!

Real Madrid: Just the club . Not even in the League

Portugal: Just the Country, not even in Euro history or in the World cup!!

He is trying tho!!!

Hope he win the World best playmaker award one day!!

Assists, chances Creation and dribbling stat must be high in a season to achieve that!!!!

In Euros history, Ronaldo is the all-time assists provider same as all time highest goal scorer.. be informed bro

In world cup history for Portugal, he and Figo holds the record - 2 assists each
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

In Euros history, Ronaldo is the all-time assists provider same as all time highest goal scorer.. be informed bro

In world cup history for Portugal, he and Figo holds the record - 2 assists each

9 goals in 4 tournaments!!! grin
Griezman has 6goals in just 1 tournament o tongue

Assist?? How many does he have in Euros??
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
eni4real:

9 goals in 4 tournaments!!! grin
Griezman has 6goals in just 1 tournament o tongue

Assist?? How many does he have in Euros??

And that's greizmann with 6 goals

Ronaldo and platini holds the record for most goals with 9 a piece and Ronaldo holds for most assists with 8 in Euros history... I know you are surprised because we Ronaldo fans don't care much about such stats
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Ronaldo and platini holds the record for most goals with 9 a piece and Ronaldo holds for most assists with 8 in Euros history... I know you are surprised because we Ronaldo fans don't care much about such stats
Platini was a Midfielder, like Lampard!!
I prasie him more!!

8 Assist in 4 tournaments is impressive for a goalscorer!! Cristiano Assists record should be safe!
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by babakb: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Guy, you have silenced Cr7 critics here...

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
babakb:

Guy, you have silenced Cr7 critics here...

Abi bro
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by ojaysam25(m): 12:01am On Apr 01, 2020
Jokerman:

you re right...
one
chilled
beer
for
this
dude

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by ThierryJay: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jokerman:
With the way Barcelona fans keep shouting 'Bale, Bale', one would think he's assisted Ronaldo 100 times , not knowing him and Neymar are on the same assists to a particular player

Now look at benzemiss grin... I'm surprised even Suarez had assisted Messi more than he did Ronaldo... Perhaps if Suarez didn't pass to Messi, he would have won ballondor or European best grin

Even see Marcelo assists is not as much as Dani Alves grin

Do you realize you are doing CR7 more of a disservice here with this your ill-fated comparison??

What the statistics you pulled out demonstrates is that Messi is a better goal scorer than Ronaldo.

If Messi has scored more goals from open play than CR7, it is a no brainer that someone must have passed the ball to him initially as he couldn't have received the ball in a vacuum. Hence, it is only logical that he would have been "assisted" more, since he had more non-penalty goals. Nobody assists a penalty lol.

Obviously, Messi has been assisted more than Lewandowski, than Aguero, than Ibrahimovic. Thank you for also pointing out that of CR7 to us. We can all agree that Messi has been a better goal scorer than all these guys.

Worthy of note is that several of these so called assists were harmless passes given to Messi 45 yards away from the goal. Ponder on that.

Messi is the most assisted player, he's also the player with the most assists. Isn't that wonderful

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
ThierryJay:

Do you realize you are doing CR7 more of a disservice here with this your ill-fated comparison??

What the statistics you pulled out demonstrates is that Messi is a better goal scorer than Ronaldo.

If Messi has scored more goals from open play than CR7, it is a no brainer that someone must have passed the ball to him initially as he couldn't have received the ball in a vacuum. Hence, it is only logical that he would have been "assisted" more, since he had more non-penalty goals. Nobody assists a penalty lol.

Obviously, Messi has been assisted more than Lewandowski, than Aguero, than Ibrahimovic. Thank you for also pointing out that of CR7 to us. We can all agree that Messi has been a better goal scorer than all these guys.

Worthy of note is that several of these so called assists were harmless passes given to Messi 45 yards away from the goal. Ponder on that.

Messi is the most assisted player, he's also the player with the most assists. Isn't that wonderful

Lol... Messi fans and excuses grin.... All these buh you people never give Ronaldo these excuses... If Messi passed more to Neymar or Iniesta, they might have won the ballondor, don't you think??
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by gibzzhd: 7:15am On Apr 02, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol... Messi fans and excuses grin.... All these buh you people never give Ronaldo these excuses... If Messi passed more to Neymar or Iniesta, they might have won the ballondor, don't you think??
The beauty is that Messi is even the player with most assist.He assisted a penalty to suarez.can you beat that?
who else can do that?
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo. Who Has Been Assisted More by Jokerman(m): 8:07am On Apr 02, 2020
gibzzhd:

The beauty is that Messi is even the player with most assist.He assisted a penalty to suarez.can you beat that?
who else can do that?

Ronaldo has done that for Benzema too na.... You people make it as if Ronaldo doesn't assist yet he is Madrid's highest assister in history just in 9 years

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adidas Leaked Jersey Vs The Amazing Nairalander Jersey Design / Video: Fernando Torres Vs Luis Suarez Who Is More Better At Liverpool ? / Chelsea Just Signed Ivanovic's Replacement, Wallace Oliveira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.