Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

What You Need To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What You Need To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria (715 Views)

What To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria And How They Impact Your Property / What To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria And How They Impact Your Property / About Land Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria by Worldmarks(m): 4:54am On Mar 31, 2020
We have all been staying home to stay safe. Let us use the time to get knowledgeable on the different titles a parcel of land can have in Nigeria. I know this is particularly of benefit to first time property owners.

1. ACQUISITION

All land in any state of Nigeria is under the control and supervision of the state governor. In the Federal Capital Territory, land is under the control of the Minister for Capital Territory.
A parcel of land can be under COMMITTED ACQUISITION when the state government has decided to use the land for a specific purpose in the interest of the public. This land can never be released.
The land can also be under GLOBAL /GENERAL ACQUISITION. This type of acquisition can be freed later. Therefore it may be said that land under this type of acquisition is safe to buy as the title on the land can be perfected and become free through a process known as EXCISION. However it is not advisable to build on this type of land until it has been excised as the government may or may not release such land.

2. EXCISION

The process by which the government releases a parcel of land that has not been committed is called EXCISION. The land is said to be Free of Acquisition or Excised.

3. GAZETTE

A gazette is a booklet containing information on recent activities of the government. So when the land is excised the land will be gazetted. The detailed information on the land will be gazetted. This includes the area of the land that has been freed up for development by the community or individual.The gazette now becomes the title of the excised parcel of land. However if government decides to acquire a land that has been gazetted free of acquisition, a COMPENSATION has to be paid.

We shall continue on this later.
#stayhome #staysafe #getinformed
#landtitlesinnigeria #firsttimepropertyowner
#worldmarkspropertiesltd #askusanyquestions
+2348069017662
+2348173128081
info@worldmarksproperties.com.ng
Twitter: @worldmarksng
Instagram: @worldmarksng
Facebook: @Worldmarksproperties
Telegram:https:https:///worldmarksproperties

Re: What You Need To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria by mosesantony2013: 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2020
This was really new detail about Nigeria titles ac joint pain and it will definitely help you to do whatever you wish. In such a way I was happy that I can do many new things in it. I have been waiting for these details and I am satisfied with it.
Re: What You Need To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria by ryanbabraham: 11:35am On Jun 17, 2020
Thanks for providing valuable information about the land title in Nigeria. I want to know more about this topic. Can anyone please share the details? I hope you will add it in your upcoming post. cbd candies I am eagerly waiting for your next post.

(1) (Reply)

For Sale 4bedroom Terrace Duplex At Opebi Estate Lkeja Lagos, The Owner Need Th / For Sale 3bedrooms Flat On Half Plot Of Land Situated At Omotola Str. Off Olado / 1841sqm Of Land At Agege Motor Road Arena,oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.