Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo (1633 Views)

Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell / Why Do I Fall Sick After Masturbating? / Please Who Knows Why I Always Fall Sick After Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by hizzylife(f): 10:34am On Mar 31, 2020
Please help, my younger brother of 18years smoked Igbo since January and has not gotten himself since then.
He traveled home for Christmas and joined some boys to taste it. He said he took like 5 draws but it only happened once. He said he felt like running mad but was asked to take garri after which he slept off. However after 3days of the incidence till now he's been having all manner of symptoms like palpitations, sweating, chest pain, panic attack, acute weakness, lack of sleep, itching in the head etc. Before we knew the cause, we were worried, took him to several hospitals and even for prayers before someone that knew what happened hinted it to me. He has taken all manner of drugs since January but these symptoms come and go. I just recently learnt of what really happened and have not told any doctor yet.
I've read of the side effects of igbo and they tally. I'm really worried. Has anyone gone through this here before? Will these symptoms go away? Will he ever get himself back? What should we do? I'm tired.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by fulaniHERDSman(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Pierce008: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2020
I have no experience with weed, so got no input. However, I feel your pain in all of this though a grin
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2020
This life is funny. B4 his symptoms his friends would have appeared to have been doing him a favour or making him join the big boy gang. But now they will be somewhere laughing at him.
He should see a doctor asap...most likely a psychiatrist though be should see a general physician first to ascertain that there are no other medically related causes of his symptoms. Just as the effects are different in different people so also will the treatment differ depending on exposure and if he wasnt taking other drugs in addition. A blood test is very essential for him. Please see a doctor asap. And after all these warn him that drugs are not for him.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2020
Definitely not the weed. It's something else

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Robnectar(m): 10:38am On Mar 31, 2020
hmmm, wait lemme finish rolling my high grade Arizona cool
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Robnectar(m): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2020
Oluwasaeon:

pls school her for me, better sit ur brother down and ask him what he is been smoking, definitely not Igbo(weed) grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by madridguy(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2020
If you really love your brother, quickly take him to Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Aro Abeokuta or Yaba because its obvious what your brother took is not ordinary weed " igbo " maybe some cracks.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Makavelli25: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2020
Take your brother to see a doctor
Probably some allergies,be wise or your bro may start having physcological issues
Btw how many slap he don chop so far
If he never chop any try giving him three factory reset slap today and talk sense into his foolish brain
Oniranu oshi
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Raphaelmary(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2020
Rat wey follow lizard enter rain��

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Makavelli25: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
thought so too
Hmmm,talk to your bro
Maybe he is on harder drugs eg concaine,coidene and so on
You knw we youth of nowaday we experiment alot
But still dnt forget to take him to a doctor

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by spinna: 10:47am On Mar 31, 2020
Lol..no come dey blame igbo o..maybe they sprinkled tramadol on it but normal igbo cant do that and for so long..no.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by ValCon888: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2020
I seriously doubt it's plain weed. Your bro likely took Arizona or Colorado. Find out his drug history and take him to a doctor asap.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by hizzylife(f): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2020
ValCon888:
I seriously doubt it's plain weed. Your bro likely took Arizona or Colorado. Find out his drug history and take him to a doctor asap.

The annoying thing is that he doesn't even know the guys that gave him the stuff to smoke. He saw them and tasted it out of curiosity. He doesn't know their names or have their contact. They only told him it's SK. It happened in Imo State and he's back to Lagos since. There's no way to reach those guys to truly know what was inside that thing. They're boys he met in the village when they went to swim in another community. These boys are not even from our own community. Hmmmm
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Greatzeus(m): 11:22am On Mar 31, 2020
hizzylife:
Please help, my younger brother of 18years smoked Igbo since January and has not gotten himself since then.
He traveled home for Christmas and joined some boys to taste it. He said he took like 5 draws but it only happened once. He said he felt like running mad but was asked to take garri after which he slept off. However after 3days of the incidence till now he's been having all manner of symptoms like palpitations, sweating, chest pain, panic attack, acute weakness, lack of sleep, itching in the head etc. Before we knew the cause, we were worried, took him to several hospitals and even for prayers before someone that knew what happened hinted it to me. He has taken all manner of drugs since January but these symptoms come and go. I just recently learnt of what really happened and have not told any doctor yet.
I've read of the side effects of igbo and they tally. I'm really worried. Has anyone gone through this here before? Will these symptoms go away? Will he ever get himself back? What should we do? I'm tired.
I don't smoke,I have never smoke but I can tell you this is more than weed. Effects of weed are mainly temporarily, it's effects normally pass out of your blood stream within 24hrs just like alcohol.
Ask your brother to tell you the truth. He wasn't even honest enough to tell you about smoking weed.
Take him to a good hospital for test. The effect of taking weed just a single time cannot stay for long in the body.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by enshi(m): 11:29am On Mar 31, 2020
He took weed and believe me he still does..
It comes and goes
It goes when he is broke and cant buy or when he is busy and can't go out to buy
It comes when he finally buys and smokes...

He still has a good chance of making it out alive and sound..

His solution is solely on rehab ...
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Nickshrapnel: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2020
Whatever he used, he still using it
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
I think your brother is taking hard drugs like tramadol, codeine e.t.c ,tell him to tell you the truth.
How can he puff like 5 times when it's his first time? The shit leave blood stream in just 6 to 8hours when you sleep,
Go and buy Mountain Dew drink and hollandia #70 , pour the hollandia into 7up for him to drink.
Give us feedback
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by ksmart027(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
I think what the gave your brother is corolado not weed
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Stephenomozzy(m): 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by mafiano1986: 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
Sounds like the withdrawal symptoms of another drug, maybe he got in to harder drugs while he was away then could not continue taking them anymore for some reason and decided to self medicate with weed but only made it worst by inhaling toomuch, if you are not used to smoking weed, it is not a good idea to take 5 drags at once, you will only end up with a bad trip, you are supposed to be taking one drag at a time then wait for a while before taking another. PS SK is very strong, if you have not smoked weed in a long time, just one drag is enough to last you for 2 hours but then 5 drags at once? That means you want to scatter your head.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by mafiano1986: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
Robnectar:
hmmm, wait lemme finish rolling my high grade Arizona cool
This arizona is very strong, if you take just one drag and inhale it, you will feel it for like an hour.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Your brother is not been truthful and I don't thinks he is a first timer because a first timer will never collect something like that from a random person

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Your brother did not smoke igbo, weed can't make you sick! This is the misconception we've had for an innocent plant. I'm not a regular user but I can attest that your brother definitely took something else 100%

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Chazzyboy: 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
hizzylife:
it will go but it takes some time
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by oxypressPlus: 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
hizzylife:

HBOT for drug reaction and addiction: You don't have plenty of time in your hands to waste. If current medical treatments did not work go for hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot). It's a shortcut to a long and difficult journey. The best drug rehab centers in the UK use it. HBOT has the capacity to restore normalsy. If you need hbot we can help you.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by illicit(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03
hizzylife:

Oh

So where is your brother now
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Originalsly: 11:45pm On Jan 03
Your brother may be telling you the truth ... what he knows ... that he smoked weed. What he may not know is the weed is spiked ...other drugs ... hard drugs were mixed in it.... that can be crack.... heroine ... any drug ... and it is the effects of those drugs he is experiencing. What can make matters worse is the drugs given to him by the hospitals. This I can say for sure ... if it were pure weed .... he be super calm or just be smiling .... and he would be eating like a glutton. .y advice is to leave him alone ... isolated ... no more drugs from the hospital either .. let his body rid itself of the drugs ... or ... go to a democracy centre.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by hizzylife(f): 3:34pm On Feb 10
illicit:

Oh

So where is your brother now

My brother is well. I reached out to a pharmacist friend of mine who recommended one medication like that (forgotten the name) and Ruzu bitters i guess to flush his system. He took those and got well.

He learnt his lesson and vowed never to smoke again.
Re: Help, My Brother Has Been Sick After He Smoked Igbo by Prpeterobi: 9:10pm On Feb 10
10 Health-Boosting Habits to Develop in 2024

Moving forward into 2024, let us concentrate on forming routines that enhance our general health. Here are 10 health-boosting habits to develop in 2024 to live a longer, happier life.

Active Lifestyle
Prioritize regular exercise in your everyday schedule. Engaging in physical activities such as jogging, attending a fitness class, or enjoying outdoor pursuits can help you stay physically fit and increase your energy levels.

https://sevenseconds.com.ng/10-health-boosting-habits-to-develop-in-2024/

Healthy Eating
Give your body the nourishment it needs with nutritious foods. Adopt a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and healthy fats to support optimal health and supply necessary nutrients.

(1) (Reply)

Stroke Is Curable / Newly Introduced Neolife Pro Vitality Plus Pack / Nigeria: Minister Directs Hospitals To Replace Striking Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.