Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell (16573 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 9:47am On Nov 16, 2023
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do

12 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by tunize(m): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2023
You manage sickle cell not over come, only God can turn things around miraculously

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by marlow1962(m): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Bro go straight to the point and say you're the one with the sickle cell anemia.
SS patients can live normal life just like other, get married and have kids too. Stop letting rubbish people talk online discourage you.
Some SS people even live long and healthy more than the so called AA, even AS people have tendency of sickle cell anemia in them but they are not carriers of the disease.
Bro take care of yourself, eat good foods and take your meds regularly and you will be fine, also avoid strenuous activities.

You lack knowledge because you don't make research.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 10:09am On Nov 16, 2023
tunize:
You manage sickle cell not over come, only God can turn things around miraculously
AMEN BECAUSE WE HAVE TRY ALOT. HE IS 16+.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2023
marlow1962:
Bro go straight to the point and say you're the one with the sickle cell anemia.
SS patients can live normal life just like other, get married and have kids too. Stop letting rubbish people talk online discourage you.
Some SS people even live long and healthy more than the so called AA, even AS people have tendency of sickle cell anemia in them but they are not carriers of the disease.
Bro take care of yourself, eat good foods and take your meds regularly and you will be fine, also avoid strenuous activities.

THANK YOU FOR ADVICE BRO

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by TotoGame(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2023
Nothing pains like such avoidable tragedy, some parents need to be sacrificed to the gods Wtf!!!!

Nothing will happen to you sha, take your medications seriously and trust God, you will overcome

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2023
TotoGame:
Nothing pains like such avoidable tragedy, some parents need to be sacrificed to the gods Wtf!!!!

Nothing will happen to you sha, take your medications seriously and trust God, you will overcome

AMEN THE PAIN IS TOO MUCH. WE COULD NOT REST IF IT STARTED. ESPECIALLY AFTER TAKING MALARIA DRUGS. PARDON ME ARE ALSO IN IT.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Righteousness2(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2023
Run to the GOD of Chosen.
Sickle cell is a moi moi matter.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Ybholy(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2023
Righteousness2:

This guy πŸ˜‰πŸ€”πŸ€”

Una dey change sickle cell kwa

34 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Dubetex96(m): 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ybholy:

This guy πŸ˜‰πŸ€”πŸ€”

Una dey change sickle cell kwa

That can only be possible with the help God

So don't misunderstand him

18 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by ConfidentialDoc: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2023
I have a few (clients) 35 - 55 and they're doing very well.

Some things are essential for SCD management.
And some others are deadly to sicklers
If you don't know , book a discussion with ..

confidentialdoc88.ng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by TimiRume(f): 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do
My number is on my signature. Call me and put the phone close to your sick brother. Silver and gold I've none to give you but the power of Christ to heal the sick

12 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by CedarHoldings: 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2023
In kiss Daniel voice 🎢🎡 my Gee solowo so lowo to le spend on your....

My number is there,my brother can reach on WhatsApp let be friend there,

Well I think am 38 39 by God grace but the journey is moimoi

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Ybholy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
Dubetex96:

That can only be possible with the help God

So don't misunderstand him

Okay πŸ‘Œ

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by bigdammyj: 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
Reading...
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by ipobarecriminals: 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
sad
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Padipadi(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
Serious ailment. All we can do is to pray and donate money.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by ovie8200: 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
marlow1962:

Great advise....

Bro, I am 45 years sickle cell and married with 3 kids. Although my own is different than others. I meant that I hardly get sick and have never been to hospital or admitted. I may have just had back pain for one or two days every three or four years. That is the reason I said mine is different from others. I have read about sickle cell and it is considered for people who live their normal age to 80 to 90, etc. Don't let people advise you or your brother thinking is a death sentence. My oldest brother is 46, 3 kids as well, and hardly gets is too or goes to the hospital.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
A blood and bone marrow transplant is currently the only cure for sickle cell disease, but it is not for everyone.
Many patients who have sickle cell disease do not have a relative who is a close enough genetic match to be a donor.

ovie8200:

Yes, but very risky. I know a woman who did it for their daughter and she passed on. They said if they knew, they shouldn't have done it. Just be wise!!
At the end, God is the decider.
You are 100% right about this Ovie.
ABSOLUTELY!!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Puss360(f): 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Lol... Typical Nigerian dishing out absurd ideas...

Op, what exactly are you asking about? This your brother is he just being conceived? Abi him don grow?
Are you just noticing it?
If yes, then go to government hospital and get direct information on how to "Manage" the disease....
He is born with it, so there's no cure... You can only manage it...
I wonder what u are doing online?
Do u need help or what??
Abi na prayers you want? If it's prayer, can't you Nd your family pray??

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Risingblue008(m): 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hf
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by kestolove95(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sickle cell is not a death sentence

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by thesicilian: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sickle cell anemia is not a death sentence.
You can live your normal life if you learn to take good care of yourself by making sure you are always well hydrated, take you routine drugs regularly, and maintain good hygiene plus low stress lifestyle.
And if you should feel sick at any time visit qualified medical doctors (not chemists, pharmacy or even home nurses) for prompt evaluation and treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
bigdammyj:
Reading...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by atobs4real(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
A friend I'm mine told me about some one with sickle cell and he takes weed or skung.
Sometimes makes it in a liquid way and since then he is alright
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by jackmrandy: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
Believe what you see and read online at your own risk

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by OboOlora(f): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
What help do you want from us, are your parents illiterates that didn’t consider genotypes before fvcking raw?
Blame ur parents and leave us out of this crap.
I blame the slowpoke m0derat0r that pushed this to FP, bunch of incompetent servants of a Sango Otta programmer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by koladebrainiac(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
E
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Amigoss: 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
Righteousness2:

Stop the joke

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by omoredia: 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
Life is a matter of how well not how long. Let him enjoy life and impact lives

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? / Kaduna Health Workers Strike Grounds Hospital Services In Kaduna State / Young 200 Level AAU Medicine Student Dies After Complaining Of Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.