Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

New Covenant Church- Bible Study Outline - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / New Covenant Church- Bible Study Outline (186 Views)

Photos: New Covenant Church- Iju Center Hosts 2021 Teenfest / New Covenant Church Founder Celebrates Year Older. / Indoor Weekend Fun at New Covenant Church Iju Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Covenant Church- Bible Study Outline by DejiPlug(m): 11:46am On Mar 31, 2020
**NEW COVENANT CHURCH , IJU CENTRE*

*BIBLE STUDY OUTLINE (MARCH/APRIL 2020)**

*TOPIC: THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY*
*TEXT:* Psalm 91:1-16;Matthew 23:37;Colossians 3:3 ;Genesis 15:1;Psalm 28:7;Psalm 84:11; Jeremiah 36:26;
Deuteronomy 32:11;Psalm 17:8;36:7; 57:1;61:4;63:7;Job 1:9–10.

*INTRODUCTION* : Resting within the protection of God’s glory, we find peace from the burdens of the world.Dwelling within God’s shelter means that I trust Him even when the oddsmakers say I shouldn’t. It means that I choose Him over the achievements I can make on my own. It means that my life is not my own. I am bought with a price, the shed blood of Jesus, and that my home is in Heaven, where awaits for me an eternal blessing, which far outweighs the problems of this world.The Omnipotent Lord will shield all those who dwell with him, they shall remain under his care as guests under the protection of their host. The shadow of the Almighty brings to mind how a mother bird would cast her wings over her young to provide shade and protection.
*Shadow:* A masculine noun meaning a shade, a shadow. This word is frequently used as a symbol for protection or refuge.
Shadows by definition are a place of protection or covering, they provide relief from the direct heat of the sun. If the heat is severe, the shade is the place we run to. It diminishes what we actually feel in the intensity of the heat.

The shadow of the Almighty provides security and provision unmatched by anything this world has to offer.

*#DWELL IN THE SECRET PLACE OF THE MOST HIGH* Psalm 91:1;26:8;84:1-12;96:1-10;Isaiah 56:7;57:15;1 Kings 8:12;James 4:6;Hebrews 4:16.

The word “dwell” used in this verse actually means, “to take up permanent residence in.” The word “dwells” came from the Hebrew word yashab, which means to “sit down, settle, remain, and inhabit.”
He reminds us to stay in His presence, for it’s a permanent place of living. His Word says if we do that, we will “rest” in the very "shadow of the Almighty."

Let the atmosphere around you be the atmosphere of His presence, righteousness and holiness.

Dwelling in God’s presence is a conscious choice. It is something that we decide to do, not out of necessity or grudge, but out of a willing heart.Dwelling in the secret place of the Most High means that we constantly seek His love, comfort, and protection. God will protect those who want to know Him better and on a deeper level.

*CONCLUSION* : We must seek to dwell.

1.In God’s Will (God’s good, acceptable & perfect will. Rom 12:1-2)

2.In God’s Presence (Thanksgiving & worship. Psalm 95:2)

3.In God’s Word / Truth.John 15:7;Psalm 91:4;John 8:31

4.In God’s House
Psalm 23:6; 84:10

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy Reveals He Felt “totally Sick” When He Lost At The 62nd Grammy Awards / Chai OYO State Governor Don Catch Am Ooo! / Covid-19: Police Arrest Nollywood Actress, Funke Akindele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.