Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Landlord Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Landlord Wahala (677 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband / Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Wahala by obicoself(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Pls, people of this forum, good advice is needed from the legal gurus in the house.

A friend of mine is worried and needed what steps to take concerning this issue below:

He has a challenge pay his rent. This is due to the fact that the job he is doing doesn't bring in much. But he still try to balance up the arrears gradually. He pleaded with the landlord to accept the rent of 4 months out of 8 months and promised him that he would look for the remaining ASAP. This happened on early February this year and the landlord accepted. On 2 of March, this my friend received called to come to the human right Dept. in a police station.
On getting there, he was told that his landlord reported to them the he is owing a rent of a year. He became confused but latter explained to them how he just paid him for 4 months and that he's only owing for 4 months. The landlord was called to come to the police station to confirm but he said he's very far away. They agreed they will be called the following day.

The following day, there was no invitation. After a week, a 2 month quit notice was issued from the human right Dept to this guy that he must vacate the apartment by end of May or face serious legal action.
Now, the question is these:
1. Does human right dept issue quit notice on
behalf of landlord?
2. Is quit notice not supposed to be 6 months
from when it was issued irrespective of
whether the tenant is owing arrears or not?

Please, legal and sensible advice is needed.
Re: Landlord Wahala by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
First did he has receipt for the four months payment if not let him try to get evidence. Though he is entitled to six months notice
Re: Landlord Wahala by obicoself(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Yes, he was given receipt
Re: Landlord Wahala by GboyegaD(m): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
Is the Police now in charge of evicting tenants? Someone should please educate me.
Re: Landlord Wahala by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
Leave police, locate Lagos state mediation centre. They have offices in all the LGs
Re: Landlord Wahala by frozen70(f): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
luxy44:
Leave police, locate Lagos state mediation centre. They have offices in all the LGs

Follow this advice pls

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Wahala by Dtruthspeaker: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Why are people like this? You have a legal problem and then you intend getting solutions from I.T Consultants/Engineers, students, house wives etc.

Get a lawyer or talk to one. Lawyers do render help... where they can!

(1) (Reply)

Would You Pay A Premarital Coach? / "my Uncle Nags Alot" / Videos: Delta Man, 34, Marries 2 Women Same Day, Says King Solomon Did Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.