Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know (48650 Views)

10 Grammar Mistakes That Almost Everyone Makes — And How You Can Avoid Them / 10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid / WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by friday2011(m): 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnlineTv247:

Source: https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2020/03/7-corovavirus-grammar-lessons.html?m=1

Farouq Kperogi, Mass Communication Professor, writes from the US

O ga ooo, so na "SHELTER IN PLACE" we dey do for Lagos right now?

1 Like

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by praktikals3: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnlineTv247:

Source: https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2020/03/7-corovavirus-grammar-lessons.html?m=1

The last point was unecessary

1 Like

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by semyman: 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Opening a thread to deliberately insult the president of a Nation is the height of irresponsible journalism.
I pee on your grave

5 Likes

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by qdlvy: 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
pmoye:
The last point is obviously incorrect. COVID-19 is not a synonym but a species (a type) of coronavirus. The term 'coronavirus' merely describes the physical appearance of a group of virus of the family coroviridae. Saying coronavirus is also called COVID-19 is thus erroneous. The COVID-19 the world is currently combating is referred to scientifically as SARS-CoV2 in recognition of its high genetic similarity to the (now) old SARS virus (SARS-CoV).

I believe this is wrong.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 (the name of the virus causing the present pandemic).
Coronaviridae (corona virus) is the family of similar viruses.
To make this less complicated by giving an example of a much more common disease, HIV (SAR-CoV-2 equivalent) is the virus that causes AIDS (COVID-19 equivalent), retro virus (corona virus equivalent) is the family of a group of similar viruses.

1 Like

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Kksolo20: 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Educative but the world needs solution not grammar
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Chuksyno(m): 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
J111333:
People are researching for its cure and you're researching for grammar associated with it.
Leaving content and chasing shadow, typical African.undecided
No mind Mr. Coro lecturer. Pesin wey him house dey burn e dey pursue rat?
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by uuzba(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnlineTv247:

OP, there are 2 Nigerias.
1 Nigeria has masses of illiterate and ignorant people.
The second Nigeria has educated People.

How can we separate the 2 Nigerias?
How can we make the educated people less dependent on the ignorant ones?

1 Like

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Rajosh(m): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
you were making sense until the last point.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Kksolo20: 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
We need solution not grammar. A clear different between science inclined and arts inclined.
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by NiklauseFred(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
J111333:
People are researching for its cure and you're researching for grammar associated with it.

Imagine looking for a cure when you don't even know the terminologies/ words associated with it.
#pathetic undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
Buahahahahaaa...chchchch..
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Awoleesu(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
If you are staying at home with money, you are in self ISOLATION.

If you are staying at home broke, you're in QUARANTINE.

But if you're staying at home broke and with a nagging woman, you are in TOTAL LOCK DOWN
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Adexvivacity(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
And one stupid moderator forwarded it to front page.
Everything is trash cos my neighbours are not even averagely sound in speaking english so who am i correcting when am at home?
Fvck the moderator, fvck the writer for that number 7.
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by mu2sa2: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
J111333:
The aim of the post is to insult Buhari. Shikena
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by samsy5460(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
The only thing that's funny here is our rubber stamp Senate president that said a woman killed her husband to death.

The result of quota system obviously. They ain't seen nothing yet.
Dem go hear hwin!
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by incredible5(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
So, you should try to learn also.

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Officialgarri: 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
7. Finally, the other name for coronavirus is COVID-19, not COVIK 1, 9.�Don’t be misled by what a certain physically quarantined and mentally isolated “president,” now infamously known as “President COVIK” on social media, said a few days ago.�

Seun is this what your mods have turned nairaland into? This is the height of useless journalism.

I spit on any mod that pushed this thread to FP

4 Likes

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
No 7 weak me, ya abusing our presido?

1 Like

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Iceberg3: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
TheChameleon:

Dabullit. watch yourself. Hotoromental. Gmbuharii.

Haba! What I does na?!?!

Ta ni dabulla? E wo ni totoromental?
Wa ne ne gambuhari?

grin
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Pacesetter123(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Kendumazy:
Coronavirus isn't an epidemic. It's a pandemic. Take note.
But dats wot de OP is saying nah!!
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by reeny2020: 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
Thanks for sharing in your knowledge
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Skelewudprince: 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
What about contain and curtail?

Both of them seem to be right.

I prefer to use the word curtail.

We need to act fast in order to curtail this pandemic
OnlineTv247:

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by papagiddy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnlineTv247:

Farouq Kperogi, Mass Communication Professor, writes from theThanks for the knowledge, this has always been in my mind to fund out since last week...Thanks again US
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by papagiddy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Thanks for the knowledge, this has always been in my mind to fund out since last week...Thanks again
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by usibengate(m): 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nice
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by oxiide22(m): 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
Northern chaps and good English are like 5&6. Our brothers in the south and their elite only speak pidgin
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by ceeceeco: 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
Check this out.

1 Share

Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Pacesetter123(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
femijamz:
The only thing that's funny here is our rubber stamp Senate president that said a woman killed her husband to death.
grin grin
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by uglodoh(f): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
semyman:
Opening a thread to deliberately insult the president of a Nation is the height of irresponsible journalism.
I pee on your grave

A very irresponsible person. He started well and ended in a stupid way.
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Nigeriapen(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
FG Says We've Started Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households Due To Coronavirus Lockdown

WATCH Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9Sgbf7r_I
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by Odunolumide(m): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
Kendumazy:
Coronavirus isn't an epidemic. It's a pandemic. Take note.

That's what he said now
Re: 7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know by IBNgemini: 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=OnlineTv247 post=87956859]

Farouq Kperogi, Mass Communication Professor, writes from the US[/quo]

You are wrong on number seven. Coronavirus is not the same as CoVid-19, Coronaviruses are set of viruses under the family coronaviridae, which house the likes of SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV and the latest one in town SARS-CoV-2 which is the causative agent for CoVid-19. I do not mean to be pedantic but certain things have to be pointed out wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Decay At Yaba College Of Technology (photos) / Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Slay Queen Pops 100 Bottles Of Andre Wine On Her Body After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.