Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

SOBIC And Company, The Worst Workplace In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SOBIC And Company, The Worst Workplace In Nigeria! (365 Views)

Which State Has The Worst History Of Governors? / Throwback- Achebe: Writer In Whose Company The Prison Walls Fell Down – Mandela / Lauretta Onochie: "Bayelsa Produced The Worst President In History Of Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SOBIC And Company, The Worst Workplace In Nigeria! by yemi1504: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
SOBIC And Company, the worst workplace in Nigeria!

Time for some ranting, as I said last Thursday, I handed in my resignation letter at this wicked workplace with horrible staff (Except the Training Manager and HR who are nice people for some unknown reasons).

So I called the foolish and idiotic BM of Gate Branch on Saturday to ask when they will pay me my salary, he said I should go to the head
office.

So I went to the head office on Monday so I was directed to the Admin Operations. The Admin Operations was telling me bullshit that I should have given them the two weeks notice before handing in my resignation letter after my monitoring money was stopped, I wonder whether they expect me to use my own personal money for mobilizing new clients sigh SMH. He even said he did not see the resignation letter and the letter has to be sent by the ICO in the branch to him. He called the BM and the idiotic BM lied that he did not tell me to come to the head office. A nice man beside him took my details and I left. I called the idiotic ICO and he said it was not his job to send the resignation letter that it was the BM's job. I called the foolish BM of the branch who just picked his call few moments ago from Admin Operations and he deliberately did not pick my call. I wasted 350 naira for transport to and from the place that Monday.

So the next day, I went to the head office with a newly written resignation letter and asked to see the Admin Operations, they called him and the nincompoop and asshole said he does not have an appointment with me. I went to the HR's office and he walked me out of his office. I was walked out of his office, can you imagine! sigh SMH. The Training Manager later came out to address me and said I should call the AM about the issue, I did and the wicked woman said she is not in office that I should come back two weeks later to Ojoo branch to discuss with her even after apologizing to her SMH after the staff have all been paid their salary. The AM that used to go the extra mile for me before decided not to help whatsoever.

I don't care that I am burning this bridge, I am not kuku coming back to it. SOBIC And Company pay me my salary, I worked hard for it and now! If not, I will continue to make this post on social media everyday until your image is ruined and the company run into the ground and that is a promise I am making and will do.

As for those looking for work in the Southwest of Nigeria, here is an advice for you, when you see SOBIC And Company interview and test, flee in seven ways and with your legs touching the back of your head as they are the worst workplace to ever work for in Nigeria. I can not even wish my worst enemy to ever work for the place!

I have said my own.

I rest my case.

That was posted as my status update on facebook and also Nairaland, I will continue to post it everyday until I am paid my salary and sweat that I worked for!

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

Please move to frontpage! Let us shame this stupid and wicked company and her staff!
Re: SOBIC And Company, The Worst Workplace In Nigeria! by BrodaZakius: 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bros if u got an appointment letter prior to Ur assumption of duty, then u should see the modalities for termination of the employment contract. Most companies will require you to give 2 weeks notice before leaving while others peg theirs to a month. Kindly go tru Ur employment letter and see what is written there.

The fact is, no matter how bitter your experience was on the job, you will need to give them that notice in lieu or you forfeit your salary. I believe that’s what they are holding over you and there’s nothing you can do about it legally.

I will advise you be mindful of how you go about this your campaign against the company,Unless you are not going to mention them in your CV and future interviews. Believe it or not, your future employer ( especially in the banking industry) will send a request for reference of ur character to ur previous employers without your knowledge. Trust me, they take this serious and whatever those ones state in it decides how long you will stay on the job even when they’ve already confirmed you.

Just be careful and don’t let the anger you are experiencing presently reduce the chances of you landing a more rewarding job in the future

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOBIC And Company, The Worst Workplace In Nigeria! by yemi1504: 11:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
BrodaZakius:
Bros if u got an appointment letter prior to Ur assumption of duty, then u should see the modalities for termination of the employment contract. Most companies will require you to give 2 weeks notice before leaving while others peg theirs to a month. Kindly go tru Ur employment letter and see what is written there.

The fact is, no matter how bitter your experience was on the job, you will need to give them that notice in lieu or you forfeit your salary. I believe that’s what they are holding over you and there’s nothing you can do about it legally.

I will advise you be mindful of how you go about this your campaign against the company,Unless you are not going to mention them in your CV and future interviews. Believe it or not, your future employer ( especially in the banking industry) will send a request for reference of ur character to ur previous employers without your knowledge. Trust me, they take this serious and whatever those ones state in it decides how long you will stay on the job even when they’ve already confirmed you.

Just be careful and don’t let the anger you are experiencing presently reduce the chances of you landing a more rewarding job in the future

I am not looking for a job again bro, once I get an investment loan from Grooming MFB to buy a bike, I will be an okada rider, my own boss! As for what you wrote there, does not apply to me anymore though since I will no longer be looking for the useless smelling jobs of useless and foolish and idiotic employers in this country! Yes I just said that and I mean it! I can even say it in their disgusting faces! I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

ENUGU : ESUT Nurses Well Equipped, Supplied With PPE, Mask - Hospital Mgt. / A Place In The Heart Of Jos Town / Rape Saga; Kogi Commissioner Not Sacked- Information Commissioner. —-NMA Cal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.