Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll (3652 Views)

INEC Seeks Support Of Religious Leaders Over Next Month’s Election / Boko Haram:we Have 100 Volunteer Suicide Bombers For 2011 High Profile Targets / Inec Seeks Alternative Means Of Resolving Electoral Disputes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by clogogo(m): 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2010
Homonide:

So Jega is extorting money from the FG? HOW? People like you make me laugh. Did you take your time to read the post @ all? More than 7 billion naira is on capital evpenditure. Remember that INEC will continue to exist after the 2011 polls, it would embark on training and re-training of staff, pay salaries,etc. Unless you have proof of allegation(s) of corrupt enrichment against Jega, then shut your trap and do your own part to make the 2011 polls succeed.

Elections, the world over isn't cheap, it is expensive. No amount of money spent on the 2011 elections is too much, as long as it is free, fair, and credible. This is what the hoi polloi of Nigeria are asking for, we are not worried about the cost.

i can see that some Nigerian are biased because their relatives,or loved one is part of people causing the jagajaga in NIgeria,

but let me tell you,if in any way profit in Nigeria Downfall, One day[i] nemesis [/i]will befall you,

How will not say a word,, when [i]INEC [/i]is busy arming people with millions of Niara for election through so call budget, , billions of naira

God go punish them ooooooooooo
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

The same amount Jonathan Goodluck budget for his facebook consultant cool

their spending increases in election year
they are all thievies.Inec is just trying to maximize its money-making opportunities.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

45.39billion for 2011 polls??

The report sounds more like its 2011 budget

Yes, the report says it is but one has to also wonder what happened to the 2010 "INEC" budget, since we had to pay about $500 million addition for the elections some months ago. I would think conducting Elections is the main job INEC is there for and all costs are provided for in the annual budget.  .  . . i need to stop thinking too much about these things . . . lol Why are we to pay close to a billion dollars in one year for elections and election related activities to maintain a commission with main duty of conducting elections and election related activities?
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Ugeh: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2010
Simply put JEGA is telling us that he is starting a COMPANY. Then he forgot to include the cost of registration of company name. OH GOD!!!!!! JEGA don join them.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by vorosmartm(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2010
You people are getting it all wrong or is it me. Is the money not 87bn + 45bn =132bn  undecided and N40m is being spent on newspapers and magazines. I weep for NIGERIA  cry
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Mobinga: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2010
Even with all the money pumped in, it'll still be a failure.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by lionshare: 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2010
INEC ===== Intelligent Network for Enriching Crooks! shocked grin grin
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2010
lionshare:

INEC ===== Intelligent Network for Enriching Crooks! shocked grin grin
Creative !
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Donmeca(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2010
2011 elections will surely be d most expensive event in the world with d way Jega is going about. . .he seems to be looking for excuses to fail. If he can't conduct an election prudently, let him resign PLEASE!
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Donmeca(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2010
please are we overhauling INEC? I mean, are we changing all machines and furniture?
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2010
OMGWTH!! Anyway if they fail to pay the corpers they want to risk their head at least 60k,(minus other benefits), for both election and registration,then EFCC should start warming up, Thieves!! Furniture kö bed ní!
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by mustafar1: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me like Nigeria has entered "one chance"
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by vorosmartm(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2010
Zeddicus:

OMGWTH!! Anyway if they fail to pay the corpers they want to risk their head at least 60k,(minus other benefits), for both election and registration,then EFCC should start warming up, Thieves!! Furniture kö bed ní!
Can a broken engine be warmed? undecided
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Abeem(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2010
Sounds incredible, but it is the truth. Now can we demand that if he is given the money and he fails to deliver on his promise of a free and free election, he should be hanged? Someone should make him sign the undertaking before the money is released to him.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by otokx(m): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
This man is now revealing his gross incompetence.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by mbulela: 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2010
must_a_far:

correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me like Nigeria has entered "one chance"

Gbam!!

This is one hell of a ride.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by apoti(m): 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
Homonide:

So Jega is extorting money from the FG? HOW? People like you make me laugh. Did you take your time to read the post @ all? More than 7 billion naira is on capital evpenditure. Remember that INEC will continue to exist after the 2011 polls, it would embark on training and re-training of staff, pay salaries,etc. Unless you have proof of allegation(s) of corrupt enrichment against Jega, then shut your trap and do your own part to make the 2011 polls succeed.

Elections, the world over isn't cheap, it is expensive. No amount of money spent on the 2011 elections is too much, as long as it is free, fair, and credible. This is what the hoi polloi of Nigeria are asking for, we are not worried about the cost.

Can u tell us how much was spent on 1992 election at least that's d freest and fairest election in our history
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by apoti(m): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2010
must_a_far:

this one na one chance factorial! o shocked
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by oluwabamis(m): 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2010
why waste 130 something billion naira over an election that you and I knows tthat cant be any different from those of jega predecessors. if inec like let them spend 1 trillion naira, there is still no guaranty of a free and fair election. think efcc need to visit inec after the election for us to know if there is any fowl play. as far as iam concerned nothing has really changed in this country, we are just going in circle. the good people are afraid for their lives while the evil ones have guns, area boys and money as their fortress. only is God can save us in naija
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2010
oluwabamis:

why waste 130 something billion naira over an election t[b]hat you and I knows tthat cant be any different from those of jega predecessors[/b]. if inec like let them spend 1 trillion naira, there is still no guaranty of a free and fair election. think efcc need to visit inec after the election for us to know if there is any fowl play. as far as iam concerned nothing has really changed in this country, we are just going in circle. the good people are afraid for their lives while the evil ones have guns, area boys and money as their fortress. only is God can save us in naija

Who be you and I? I don't know if this is going to be any different - since when did we become psychics in all this?
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by jambya(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2010
N45.39bn! haa haa, na wa ooo! I am not sure this election is taken us nowhere; these fools are just using the avenue to embezzle our money.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by PastorOla1: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
We better give CBN to Inec.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by UpBendel(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2010
Dem dabaru everybody,
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by delimit(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2010
This money Jega is requesting is damn too much.
Is billions what anybody can just pick by the road side?
Just in the name of credible election Jega & co are using that as an avenue to siphon the economy
Let wait and see the result of the whole billions
Delta re-run is a litmus test for Jega
Jega make sure you write your name in GOLD
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by kobikwelu(m): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2010
inec is gradually turning into another NITEL, NEPA PHCN, MTEL

hissssss
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Reference(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2010
You're angry grin. Caveat, peruse the breakdown of the bomb with your physician. Honestly speaking there must be a resident evil in government houses that defies logic. This is an institution that we expect should be independent. With these types of demands how can you be independent. How can you be independent if you cannot fast to be lean and mean. They want to be like the executive and enjoy the profligacy of the house. They want to drink the wine of fools yet remain gods. Well there goes the elections, I guess it is now up to us to fight for this one.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by dapiwinchy: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
it is unbelievable when i heard it. well allow him. all we need is results, or what do you say to a child sent to the

public school and the one sent to private school, wont both write the same WAEC and JAMB

RESULTS IS WHAT WE ALL NEED,

I SAID THIS BECAUSE I HAVE STUDIED ALL THAT HAS BEEN DELIBERATED ON THIS MATTER
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
So are we saying every 4yrs INEC must buy all new Computers, furnitures and every stuff they need. SO, Inec none of these things before ? Or is it a means the sitting Presidents can use to "impress" Inec for re-election.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by mygee33(m): 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2010
For me its better to spend our money in a tangible place than untangible item.
With Iwu I know he can conduct the election even with as little as N1b. That is the reason why they kept rellying on state governments and "politicians" for some parts of their funding.
Lets all try something right this time. Give Inec the money and then let them give us elections thats z free.( Not for them to blame us that there was no fund or logistics).
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by ovo4u(m): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2010
Have anyone heard this Pro. Jega come out publically and address the people of Delta state even where there are so much tension in the states about the re-run? The people keep saying there is no Voter's Register now and there is already a fixed date, can anybody educate this man with his Professor degree that he need to work in as much as he want more money? it only billions that this people know how to thief.

I am really giving up in this Nigeria wahala,so sick and tired of one Poo to another,if it not INEC that needs Billions,it will be Millitants if not Millitant,it will be Senators if it is not Senators it will be House of Rep if it not House of rep,it will be Governors and nothing still have being done, i don tire ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by orgasm(m): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2010
In as much i respect the personality of jega am beginning to suspect he has allowed some cabals to hijack him and cook up those figures for him to favour them in forms of bogus contracts as it were in our corrupt govts.
He should stand up for credibility and hv those figures reviewed cos they way too high. I just pray they get it right this time around and give us credible elections.
Re: Inec Seeks Additional N45.39bn For 2011 Poll by hakon: 7:32am On Jan 01, 2011
they should seek to become president of naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Housewife Holds Down Teenage Maid So Husband Can Rape Her / Zimbabwean Soldier Discovered In Sambisa Forest!!!photo!!pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.