Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus (1772 Views)

Coronavirus: 15 Imams Arrested In Kano For Defying Lockdown Order / Coronavirus: Islamic Way Of Preventing The Spread Of The Virus / Why Do Security Accompany The Imams In The Haramain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
advocatejare:

Mr defender so you didn't read or hear the news when Saudi govt got tired and said they will stop funding mosque in foreign countries?

That's to tell you that they had been doing it as part of their efforts at propagating Islam .

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20200125-saudi-arabia-to-stop-funding-mosques-in-foreign-countries/

Also, read about how rich Saudis are investing money to build mosques in Africa

https://en.qantara.de/content/africas-muslims-pawns-of-the-saudis

You said you agree that imams collect 5k in naming ceremonies, do you know how many Muslim naming ceremonies and weddings I've attended? Do they collect money from only one person or from everyone present?

What of all your imams doing jazz under the guise of prayers for politicians? Do you know the number of Alfas doing voodoo for yahoo boys. Go to Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin and other part of the country and see them using big cars. They conduct Wolimat, Quran graduation ceremony and collect food, and plenty money from the parents of the child and those present. But you are here trying to tell us that they don't collect money. Dey deceive yourself

1) Still lacks substance. How many Nigerian imams receive money from Saudi Arabia as you claim, if it is true. We have hundreds of mosques sharing their Jaiz Bank account details in order to build mosques that require just a few millions yet it takes years or even decades before they get enough donations and you are here saying nonsense.

2)okay, Mosques are being built. Does it mean the imams are being set on payroll? Do they receive salaries? You are funny

3) I'm only assuming that your claim of 5k is true. Even if you have attended 100 million wedding ceremonies, is it one imam that takes care of all of them? What do you mean by collecting money from everyone present? No one pays to attend a wedding or naming ceremony. You are talking about donations, which actually go to the families of the couple/child

4) you are talking about the people that are not even following the teachings of Islam. Allah does not permit anything involving diabolics but even for those ones, can you mention one of them that drives the so called big cars or own private jets? I buttressed my points by mentioning Oyedepo,
Mbaka, Sulaiman, TB Joshua, etc. Kindly do the same. Wolimat, Qur'anic ceremonies is purely based on voluntary donations which are chicken changes. With 10 walimas, an imam cannot boast of 100k. Compare that with the tithe collecting merchantscheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
abduljabbar4:

1) Still lacks substance. How many Nigerian imams receive money from Saudi Arabia as you claim, if it is true. We have hundreds of mosques sharing their Jaiz Bank account details in order to build mosques that require just a few millions yet it takes years or even decades before they get enough donations and you are here saying nonsense.

2)okay, Mosques are being built. Does it mean the imams are being set on payroll? Do they receive salaries? You are funny

3) I'm only assuming that your claim of 5k is true. Even if you have attended 100 million wedding ceremonies, is it one imam that takes care of all of them? What do you mean by collecting money from everyone present? No one pays to attend a wedding or naming ceremony. You are talking about donations, which actually go to the families of the couple/child

4) you are talking about the people that are not even following the teachings of Islam. Allah does not permit anything involving diabolics but even for those ones, can you mention one of them that drives the so called big cars or own private jets? I buttressed my points by mentioning Oyedepo,
Mbaka, Sulaiman, TB Joshua, etc. Kindly do the same. Wolimat, Qur'anic ceremonies is purely based on voluntary donations which are chicken changes. With 10 walimas, an imam cannot boast of 100k. Compare that with the tithe collecting merchantscheesy

Now you're getting insight, all the things you denied before, you've eventually accepted. If despite all the money your Alfas are scavenging around, they are still poor and not as rich as those pastors you mentioned, then they should stop spending their money on marrying dozens of wives and many concubines, they should also go for financial lessons that will help them to know to sensibly spend the money they are getting from Saudi and the ones they are getting at weddings, Namings, Wolimat, special prayers they do for politicians and yahoo boys and the donations they get during Ramadan
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 9:18am On Apr 03, 2020
advocatejare:
Now you're getting insight, all the things you denied before, you've eventually accepted. If despite all the money your Alfas are scavenging around, they are still poor and not as rich as those pastors you mentioned, then they should stop spending their money on marrying dozens of wives and many concubines, they should also go for financial lessons that will help them to know to sensibly spend the money they are getting from Saudi and the ones they are getting at weddings, Namings, Wolimat, special prayers they do for politicians and yahoo boys and the donations they get during Ramadan

Of course I don't agree with your claims. I am only assuming that you are right. By financial lessons, do you mean that they should learn how to set up USSD codes rights?

If you think financial literacy is the reason why your pastors are flying jets then you deserve to be laughed at. It's purely a case of having too much money from the followers up to the point where they end up having nothing to buy. Which is why they go after the likes of Daniela Okeke and other Nollywood hoes.

I gave you a simple challenge. Mention those rich imams like the way I mentioned your yahoo pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Of course I don't agree with your claims. I am only assuming that you are right. By financial lessons, do you mean that they should learn how to set up USSD codes rights?

If you think financial literacy is the reason why your pastors are flying jets then you deserve to be laughed at. It's purely a case of having too much money from the followers up to the point where they end up having nothing to buy. Which is why they go after the likes of Daniela Okeke and other Nollywood hoes.

I gave you a simple challenge. Mention those rich imams like the way I mentioned your yahoo pastors.
List the names of your imams who were successful in their career before becoming imams and I will show you that most of those pastors with financial success were successful in their career before becoming pastors.
But your imams were either illiterate or semi illiterate who knew nothing than to be marrying plenty wives, divorce them and marry more. Like your sheik Adam al-Ilory, what was his education qualifications, sheik Jamiu Bulala of Offa, the one that hanged numerous misbaha on his neck, Sheik Buhari omo Musa, and so on.

And is your money part of the offering they are using to buy private jets? If it not, then it doesn't concern since their members are not complaining.

Instead of your own Allah to have planned financial success for you his followers, he rather plan sexual marathon of marrying multiple wives of 4 for you on earth and a minimum of 72 in paradise, so enjoy your sex while they enjoy their money.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:

List the names of your imams who were successful in their career before becoming imams and I will show you that most of those pastors with financial success were successful in their career before becoming pastors.
But your imams were either illiterate or semi illiterate who knew nothing than to be marrying plenty wives, divorce them and marry more. Like your sheik Adam al-Ilory, what was his education qualifications, sheik Jamiu Bulala of Offa, the one that hanged numerous misbaha on his neck, Sheik Buhari omo Musa, and so on.

And is your money part of the offering they are using to buy private jets? If it not, then it doesn't concern since their members are not complaining.

Instead of your own Allah to have planned financial success for you his followers, he rather plan sexual marathon of marrying multiple wives of 4 for you on earth and a minimum of 72 in paradise, so enjoy your sex while they enjoy their money.
You are just Digressing,Of all the 25+ Imams living in my community here, Only 3 have 2 wives,the remaining have a wife.Its not our Imams that marry multiple wives,I Know of pastors with 3 to 4 wives.
Just accept the truth, Muslims are not as Mumu as Christians are.Ask some Muslims and they will tell they haven't given #10 for mosque development this year talkless of giving their Imam and Alfa offering

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 2:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

Of all the 25+ Imams living in my community here, Only 3 have 2 wives,the remaining have a wife.
Why don't you tell us their education qualifications and the success they've made in their career before they become Imams.

Its not our Imams that marry multiple wives,I Know of pastors with 3 to 4 wives.
There are many Alfas and Babalawo that disguise as pastors.

Ask some Muslims and they will tell they haven't given #10 for mosque development this year talkless of giving their Imam and Alfa offering
So you mean they attended naming, wedding, Wolimat, house warming prayers etc without dropping something for the Alfas as owo adua? Dey deceive yourself
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:

Why don't you tell us their education qualifications and the success they've made in their career before they become Imams.

So you mean they attended naming, wedding, Wolimat, house warming prayers etc without dropping something for the Alfas as owo adua? Dey deceive yourself
The chief Imam of my community is a Professor,He's the Head of FCE at Abeokuta.
Most of them might not be an institution graduate but they are living their life well and as much as I know are successful.
You can go to a naming ceremony without dropping a Kobo,the Alfas' just use proverbs and styles to ask for money,they won't tell that if you don't pay,you won't make heaven or will die as a wretched person or make a #USSD online transfer platform and Naming ceremony, Burial, Wedding don't happen every week like church services and even when there are ceremonies,it won't be same Alfa that will lead the occasion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:

Do they make #50000 at a ceremony?And still it will be shared among the Alfas but will Oyedepo share his tithes and offerings with Adeboye? Please do answer the last question without Digressing.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

The chief Imam of my community is a Professor,He's the Head of FCE at Abeokuta.
Most of them might not be an institution graduate but they are living their life well and as much as I know are successful.
You can go to a naming ceremony without dropping a Kobo,the Alfas' just use proverbs and styles to ask for money,they won't tell that if you don't pay,you won't make heaven or will die as a wretched person or make a #USSD online transfer platform and Naming ceremony, Burial, Wedding don't happen every week like church services and even when there are ceremonies,it won't be same Alfa that will lead the occasion.
if you're pained by people dropping their money in church, then ask your Alfas too to start collecting money or is it your money they are contributing in church? Or are they forcing you to drop money through their ussd codes?

You said Alfas use style to collect money during naming ceremonies, pastors also use style to collect money in church, anyone who can't read the Bible on his own and allow any fraudulent pastors to blackmail him to drop his money is to be blamed.

Pastors can point out to where it is stated that offerings should be collected in the Bible but can your imams point to where it is stated in the Quran that you should collect money in the form of owo adua, owo ope in your Quran?

Contribution in the church as done by the first Christians was meant to help one another.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

Do they make #50000 at a ceremony?And still it will be shared among the Alfas but will Oyedepo share his tithes and offerings with Adeboye? Please do answer the last question without Digressing.
Oyedepo share the tithes and offering with his other pastors working in his church, some of those pastors are full-time pastors and church is paying them salary from tithes and offering.
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:
if you're pained by people dropping their money in church, then ask your Alfas too to start collecting money or is it your money they are contributing in church? Or are they forcing you to drop money through their ussd codes?

You said Alfas use style to collect money during naming ceremonies, pastors also use style to collect money in church, anyone who can't read the Bible on his own and allow any fraudulent pastors to blackmail him to drop his money is to be blamed.

Pastors can point out to where it is stated that offerings should be collected in the Bible but can your imams point to where it is stated in the Quran that you should collect money in the form of owo adua, owo ope in your Quran?

Contribution in the church as done by the first Christians was meant to help one another.
From your write-up,you are the pained one.Our Alfas' and Imams' are doing the little they are capable of and don't show-case it to the whole world.
And also at naming and wedding ceremonies they don't threaten you with hell or wretchedness if you don't pay.Lots of people go to party to eat and drink without dropping any kobo
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:

Oyedepo share the tithes and offering with his other pastors working in his church, some of those pastors are full-time pastors and church is paying them salary from tithes and offering.
Am I asking about his Church.Let me ask again:Will Adeboye share his tithes and offerings with Oyedepo and Vice-Versa the same way our Alfas' share the little money they make at ceremonies?
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

From your write-up,you are the pained one.Our Alfas' and Imams' are doing the little they are capable of and don't show-case it to the whole world.
And also at naming and wedding ceremonies they don't threaten you with hell or wretchedness if you don't pay.Lots of people go to party to eat and drink without dropping any kobo

I won't reply you again if you don't answer my question which is

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

Am I asking about his Church.Let me ask again:Will Adeboye share his tithes and offerings with Oyedepo and Vice-Versa the same way our Alfas' share the little money they make at ceremonies?
If Adeboye and Oyedepo go to a program together and make money, they will share it between themselves and among other pastors present.

Now answer my own question

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:

If Adeboye and Oyedepo go to a program together and make money, they will share it between themselves and among other pastors present.

Now answer my own question

From what you called it,Owo Adua,if you actually feel you need the prayer they made,you will pay them,and if not don't pay.This is not Quranic issue at all,it's your Pastors that quote Bible when they want to collect it, Alfas' don't tell you it's from the Qur'an.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

From what you called it,Owo Adua,if you actually feel you need the prayer they made,you will pay them,and if not don't pay.This is not Quranic issue at all,it's your Pastors that quote Bible when they want to collect it, Alfas' don't tell you it's from the Qur'an.
So you're saying that what your Alfas are doing is an innovation (Bidah)?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:

So you're saying that what your Alfas are doing is an innovation (Bidah)?
Whatever you call it,there is proof for ceremonies
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

Whatever you call it,there is proof for ceremonies
If there's proof for ceremonies but there is no proof that money under the guise you are collecting it today was done then it's still Bidah

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by sulasa07(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:
If there's proof for ceremonies but there is no proof that money under the guise you are collecting it today was done then it's still Bidah
Hey O,Bidah master.
Let me sight an example,I'm not sure which of the Companions it was but they were two.They were out of town and found someone sick,then prayed and cared for him till he got well,then he gave them a sheep for what they did as the service they rendered.They didn't ask for it but he gave them out of goodness and they accepted it thou they first rejected and when they got to the Prophet and told him,he said Nothing is wrong in accepting such gifts/offerings.
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
sulasa07:

Hey O,Bidah master.
Let me sight an example,I'm not sure which of the Companions it was but they were two.They were out of town and found someone sick,then prayed and cared for him till he got well,then he gave them a sheep for what they did as the service they rendered.They didn't ask for it but he gave them out of goodness and they accepted it thou they first rejected and when they got to the Prophet and told him,he said Nothing is wrong in accepting such gifts/offerings.
1. What's your reference?

2. We were not talking about gift

3. Show me where Muhammad conducted Wolimat and asked the people present to contribute money

4. Did Muhammad collect owo ope or owo adua or owo Alubarika or owo komo ma go during naming ceremony?
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by true2god: 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
I am Muslim. I wish all our Christian brothers and sisters a happy Easter in this coronavirus era. Masha allah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Not A Creator? / The Origin Of Human Creation : Clay & Water - Quran And Science / Benefits Of Reciting Ayat Al-kursi Every Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.