Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting (34511 Views)

JUST IN: Rivers Gov Summons Emergency Exco Meeting After Lawmakers’ Defection / Labour Party Exco Meeting In Kano (Photos) / Governor Willie Obiano Heads Valedictory Exco Meeting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by bamasite2: 9:56am On Apr 01, 2020
A shame, and a feat at thesame time!

You are free to ask me what I mean!!!

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by ksstroud: 10:04am On Apr 01, 2020
GistFullGround:
Pls STOP displaying your village life online...

My children attend classes online.

You hear me, my children in 6th & 10th Grade study every day online because of this Coronavirus stuff.

A whole Lagos Government is showing off. Why can't they do it for all the children/students in the state. Shameless people...

Rubbish!

We've heard you. So, what's next?
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by omisanjo(m): 10:07am On Apr 01, 2020
we like celebrating mediocrity... what is so special in video conferencing....something dat u n your friends can do wherever u may be...let's stop all dis.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by nsiba: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2020
And nairaland made this front page I wonder between nairaland and Lagos state government who is more primitive

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by nsiba: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2020
ksstroud:

We've heard you. So, what's next?

Oga we know NEPA or whatever they call themselves have affected ur medulla oblongata, plz ehn eju nu de follow politician de disgrace us na abeg I beg u
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by Addy003(m): 10:34am On Apr 01, 2020
Look at these fools... Celebrating what other countries like uae a d even my company have done since last week... Awon eleribu

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by armadeo(m): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2020
This is laughable.

The only good tuingbhere is I hope the nass starts this and can go to work from there.

By work I mean original employment and not politician as an occupation

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by foreshore(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2020
stickle:

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-lagos-made-history-with-virtual-exco-meeting/

Zoom that we have been using since last year for our prayer meeting and other meetings in our Church.
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by ksstroud: 11:01am On Apr 01, 2020
nsiba:

Oga we know NEPA or whatever they call themselves have affected ur medulla oblongata, plz ehn eju nu de follow politician de disgrace us na abeg I beg u

Laughing in Spanish...
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by nsiba: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2020
ksstroud:

Laughing in Spanish...
better our ancestors will continue to bless you
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2020
sagieramos:

I'm a JW, we've started using the app for our meetings in Nigeria recently
You people are fantastic , different religious breed, a million miles ahead of others.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by mmsen: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2020
Here's to hoping that all these useless state governments take ICT (and power) seriously after this.
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by steryj(m): 11:46am On Apr 01, 2020
GistFullGround:
Pls STOP displaying your village life online...

My children attend classes online.

You hear me, my children in 6th & 10th Grade study every day online because of this Coronavirus stuff.

A whole Lagos Government is showing off. Why can't they do it for all the children/students in the state. Shameless people...

Rubbish!
You see Yoruba haters everywhere. They play down anything good in our land. Ha! God help!

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by greatseed: 11:48am On Apr 01, 2020
DIVINE78:

The big deal is no government at any level in Nigeria had used it before Lagos state.
They are pace setters either you like it or not.
True in the public space...
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 01, 2020
Am ashamed to be called a nigerian
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by igbsam(m): 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
something we've been using since 2014. How did they then made history. Mtcheeew!
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by Bimpe29: 12:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
Lagos is the pace setters.
Eko O ni baje!
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by webgenius(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
This is a good development in our public and governance lives as Nigerians. We spend too much money, time and other resources planning and attending various meetings at great risk to life and limbs. Consider the example of just the monthly FAAC Meeting, 36 state commissioners and maybe 3-5 staff will travel to Abuja by road+or - air, hotel accommodation in Abuja, out-of station allowance, feeding, transport, sometimes the meeting drags for more days or is planned to continue after 1 week etc. The cost of attending this meeting alone is humongous. Consider many other meetings by thousands of other MDAs alone or with State counterparts and it will become clear that the total cost of attending meetings runs into hundreds of billions by very conservative estimates. Consider also that the Federal Minister of Finance cannot stay in her office and monitor real time transactions occuring in her Ministry, talk less all the parastatals under her or even disbursement of funds to states and LGA. It becomes obvious that there are many sources of waste and access to fraudulent practices in our national and state lives than one can imagine.
Why go to Abuja every month for FAAC meeting, when this can be organised through teleconferencing with much less effort and cost? At the very least everyone can come together once or twice or thrice a year, once certain templates as established or automated. We have Galaxy backbone whose responsibity it should be to interconnect all Federal, state and local government organizations for seamless operations
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by Dominatrix(f): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
How did they break history? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by ajl: 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2020
DesignHave:
SMH
I know it's cool but this shouldn't be making the news na as something that made history

As if you don't know the type of people you are dealing with. I flew into Nigeria twice in last 7 months for 1hr meetings that could have been held over Skype with public officials. When you suggest this, the expression on their face show that it's a no-go area. God help the mind of a black man, that our mutual convenience should always be our priority.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by ajl: 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
webgenius:
This is a good development in our public and governance lives as Nigerians. We spend too much money, time and other resources planning and attending various meetings at great risk to life and limbs. Consider the example of just the monthly FAAC Meeting, 36 state commissioners and maybe 3-5 staff will travel to Abuja by road+or - air, hotel accommodation in Abuja, out-of station allowance, feeding, transport, sometimes the meeting drags for more days or is planned to continue after 1 week etc. The cost of attending this meeting alone is humongous. Consider many other meetings by thousands of other MDAs alone or with State counterparts and it will become clear that the total cost of attending meetings runs into hundreds of billions by very conservative estimates. Consider also that the Federal Minister of Finance cannot stay in her office and monitor real time transactions occuring in her Ministry, talk less all the parastatals under her or even disbursement of funds to states and LGA. It becomes obvious that there are many sources of waste and access to fraudulent practices in our national and state lives than one can imagine.
Why go to Abuja every month for FAAC meeting, when this can be organised through teleconferencing with much less effort and cost? At the very least everyone can come together once or twice or thrice a year, once certain templates as established or automated. We have Galaxy backbone whose responsibity it should be to interconnect all Federal, state and local government organizations for seamless operations

Greed and corruption won't let them do the right thing.
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by shekauvsbuhari: 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:
cool

Lagos too much abeg, always showing us its far ahead of the whole Nigeria

But why is kabiru sleeping on duty It's like you are a cave man. So you have never seen this before? Even very small organizations use it all over Nigeria, even in semi-urban areas.

Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by tintedniggz(m): 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
Lol.
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by alphaNomega: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2020
How the hell is this historic?
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by alphaNomega: 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
Dominatrix:
How did they break history? undecided
Same question on my mind. Please tag me when you get the answer cos I don't understand.
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by alphaNomega: 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
omisanjo:
we like celebrating mediocrity... what is so special in video conferencing....something dat u n your friends can do wherever u may be...let's stop all dis.
I blame the OP that labelled this online conference "historic"
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by idealogical: 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
omisanjo:

When they do the same thing in the UK, USA and other advanced countries, you rush to NL, you take it to rubbish Nigeria that we are backward, but when they do the same thing in Nigeria, you call it mediocrity.

Was it mediocrity when Boris Johnson in the UK put the same thing on social media to show off?

Btw, it is not up to you to decide what we should celebrate or not celebrate, this is a wonderful thing, something we need to see more of.
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by reality1010: 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Northeastern:
Ignorance is a disease.

Congratulations, however, no right-thinking being would consider this news. In your quest for clout, you went ahead to compare him with the BPM. I hope you fully understand what you are doing.

You are mentioning a country that knows what they are doing with a corruption-ridden Lagos State. Shameless people, they went ahead to snap the screen with their not pleasant to see faces
Funny people, they think everything is politics and corruption
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by idealogical: 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Northeastern:
Ignorance is a disease.

Congratulations, however, no right-thinking being would consider this news. In your quest for clout, you went ahead to compare him with the BPM. I hope you fully understand what you are doing.

You are mentioning a country that knows what they are doing with a corruption-ridden Lagos State. Shameless people, they went ahead to snap the screen with their not pleasant to see faces

Yes, they know what they are doing and that's why they sadly have 29,474 cases and 2352 deaths while in Lagos, we have only 91 cases and 2 deaths.

You don't have to give us credit for our hard work, but we'll give ourselves credit. Kolomentality and inferiority complex makes you feel like you are nothing and never will be better than other people.
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by alphaNomega: 7:40am On Apr 02, 2020
AntiTribalism11:
I don't think government should be holding meeting through network that is not state-owned...

The dumbfckks don't know this
Re: How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting by slimfit1(m): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:
cool

Lagos too much abeg, always showing us its far ahead of the whole Nigeria

But why is kabiru sleeping on duty

Really and you have a buffoon as governor, look zoom is not a big deal get that there are other important things that needs to be done that he is not doing.
How on earth will this put food on people's table.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wedding Photos Of Danbaba Suntai's Daughter / Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. / Africa Needs Third World War More Than Every Other Continent. Adamu Garba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.