Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says (531 Views)

I Felt Pressured To Marry Chioma - Davido Reveals / Banky W Talks About Losing The Election And His Wife’s Reaction To It / "I Watch Old Nollywood Films" Burna Boy Says As Ay Comedian React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says by Officialhorlah(m): 6:51am On Apr 01, 2020
- Nigerian music star, Damini Ogulu also known as Burna Boy, has finally spoken about how he truly felt after losing the Grammy award
- The Odogwu crooner said that he felt totally sick after losing the award to Beninese singer, Angelique Kidjo
- Burna also spoke on his upcoming album and when it would be out
Life is definitely an interesting journey for most
people seeing as we win some and we lose some.
Life is not always a bed of roses and things cannot
always go the way we want them. This theory about life also extends to the
entertainment industry. The industry is a very
competitive one and a lot of people make sure they
work very hard just to get the recognition they
think they deserve. For this reason, award shows are not always rosy
for some people, especially those who end up on
the losing end. Sometime in the early part of the
year, Nigerian singer, Burna Boy, lost his Grammy
nomination for the Best World Music Album, to
Beninese singer, Angelique Kidjo.
A number of Nigerians were rooting for the
Odogwu crooner who was very vocal about his
displeasure at losing the top music award. Well, it appears Burna Boy is finally over his loss as
he opened up to a fan on social media about how
he truly felt when he lost the award. Burna Boy admitted that he felt totally sick but that
Abgelique Kidjo helped him get through it by
explaining everything he needed to understand
about the Grammy. The singer also spoke on a new album that is in the
works titled Twice as Tall and how he would be
releasing it sometime in July if everything goes well. See his tweet below:
Burna Boy✔@burnaboy Sick. Totally sick. But my musical Mother @ angeliquekidjo told me everything I needed to understand about the Grammys.
So now I’m “Twice as Tall” (that’s the name
of my next Album by the way dropping in
July by the grace of the most High) https:// twitter.com/leo_folarin/
status/1245001186169806856 … LEO Folarin@leo_folarin Replying to @burnaboy Burna how did you feel loosing the
Grammy? 15.4K4:15 PM - Mar 31, 2020 Twitter Ads info and
privacy 5,813 people are talking about this
It is never to late to bring home the Grammy. In other news, Legit.ng reported that Burna Boy spoke on why he is not yet a parent. According to
him, he wants to be as good a parent to his children like his parents are to him and his siblings. Tears as Super Eagles legend announces death of
his father He further explained that he would not be having
any kids until he is confident that he can be stable and settle with the mother of his kids.
https://www.legit.ng/1316827-i-felt-totally-sick-losing-grammys---singer-burna-boy-says.html

Re: I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says by Iyiataata92: 7:02am On Apr 01, 2020
Take Heart bro. They said you are not educated and that's why you lost out. But I don't believe that. You did well, but some other people did well as well.
Don't give up. Keep the courage and you'll never be denied the reward.
Failing doesn't make you a failure, but staying down makes you a big failure.

Rise up bro and your rise will be limitless
Re: I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says by viccipedia: 7:59am On Apr 01, 2020
Lol... you never start. Any black man looking for the white mans validation to feel relevant will always end up heart broken.
Re: I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 01, 2020
Is that why he has been transferring his aggression to other musicians and the Nigerian music industry at large?
Re: I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says by OKorowanta: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2020
viccipedia:
Lol... you never start. Any black man looking for the white mans validation to feel relevant will always end up heart broken.

Word!
I and Fela are proud of you...
Re: I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says by Fweshspice(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2020
You win some You lose some. That's Life!
Next Grammy awaits you, that one na if the world never end sha
Re: I Felt Totally Sick After Losing The Grammys - Singer Burna Boy Says by viccipedia: 9:43am On Apr 01, 2020
OKorowanta:

Word!
I and Fela are proud of you...
exactly... Burna boy na low budget fela...

(1) (Reply)

Rudeboy (p-square) Gets BEEFED And YABBED Mercilessly By Fans On Instagram! / 5g Is The Apocalypse: Cowardly Blacks Call Out Trump Yet Not Obama / Join This Girl On Whatsapp & Feel Better 24/7 - For Adults Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.