Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,441 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? (1219 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / The Atheist's Prayer / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by LordReed(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Where did you see fault apportioning in the comment. The only fault I can think of is sitting on the cure and keeping everyone including God waiting, not even any respect to God. God created it, is a helpful statement of fact.

It is not helpful in anyway. It is called passing the buck, the same thing your bible said Adam and Eve did.

"The bed is laid, we are lying in how we laid it.", this statement lays the blame. You absolve your god that you said made the virus while blaming humans. How that makes sense to you is beyond hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by LordReed(m): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
Mariangeles:
When challenges arise, the atheists are quick to judge and point fingers, especially at Christians, about what they should do, shouldn't do, should've done, and so forth...
They talk and mock God with reckless abandon, without making any contributions to humanity themselves.
The atheists criticize religion and religious people, but these are the same people that rise to action when situation demands it, because it's an obligation that needs to be fulfilled, without which they'd be held accountable.

Now, the question is: DO ATHEISTS HAVE THAT SAME SENSE OF OBLIGATION TO HUMANITY?
WHO OR WHAT DO THEY OWE ACCOUNTABILITY?
IF NOT, WHY DO THEY CRITICIZE OTHERS THAT DO?

Atheism does not obligate you to anything other than asking the question, by what evidence can I believe a god exists?

What atheism does allow most of us to see is that we are all humans in the same boat and we need to work together to survive. Many of us don't believe in a supernatural power capable of affecting anything so we do what we can to survive and help others survive too.

An atheist doesn't need to shout and say I am atheist that is why I am helping my fellow human being. Unlike you god believers who think your god will punish you for not doing good.

There is no one to be accountable to other than ourselves as the community of human beings.

3 Likes

Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by Funaki: 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
Mariangeles:
When challenges arise, the atheists are quick to judge and point fingers, especially at Christians, about what they should do, shouldn't do, should've done, and so forth...
They talk and mock God with reckless abandon, without making any contributions to humanity themselves.
The atheists criticize religion and religious people, but these are the same people that rise to action when situation demands it, because it's an obligation that needs to be fulfilled, without which they'd be held accountable.

Now, the question is: DO ATHEISTS HAVE THAT SAME SENSE OF OBLIGATION TO HUMANITY?
WHO OR WHAT DO THEY OWE ACCOUNTABILITY?
IF NOT, WHY DO THEY CRITICIZE OTHERS THAT DO?

Hypothetically:
A theist can rape an atheist boy to death. He'll ask for forgiveness on his death bed and go to heaven while the atheist boy goes to hell. That's the kind of accountability you're talking about right?
Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by Mariangeles(f): 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
Funaki:

Hypothetically:
A theist can rape an atheist boy to death. He'll ask for forgiveness on his death bed and go to heaven while the atheist boy goes to hell. That's the kind of accountability you're talking about right?

No. Those are your very own words!
Don't distort words to suit your argument.

1 Like

Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by Funaki: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2020
Mariangeles:

No. Those are your very own words!
Don't distort words to suit your argument.

The thief at Jesus' right hand went to paradise, remember? And his victims that didn't believe Jesus will definitely go to hell.

You can literally kill and rape people and just confess to God and everything will be forgotten. But a secular society doesn't work like that.

The lady that stabbed her husband to death will have been forgiven and gone scot free if the judge was God.

My point; there's no accountability with "God" when you can commit an offense and the next minute everything is forgiven and forgotten just by your confession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by kkins25(m): 10:02am On Apr 05, 2020
Maximus69:

The one and only person to blame is Adam NOT the Devil! Roman 5:12

So learn from through Christians what led to all these in order not to get confused by what misinformed churchgoers are saying!

If Adam did not give in to become a rebel!

Satan would have been destroyed on that faithful day, because himself and his cohorts have no right to move to any other planet apart from earth where the inhabitants have connived with them to rebel against our creator.

So blame Adam for conniving with the devil in rebelling against our Creator, blame those who are taking sides with the devil today making life miserable for you and I, and most importantly BLAME YOURSELF FOR IGNORING THOSE SENT TO YOU, TO TEACH YOU ALL THESE! smiley

Adams case is nothing but similar to Rape cases in the education system. every girl knows not to give in and have been warned not fall victim but the rapist is usually more powerful and a master of deceit. if devil could convert one-third of the gods in heaven how much more eve who was a toddler in spiritual matters. God is evil for blaming eve.
Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
kkins25:

Adams case is nothing but similar to Rape cases in the education system. every girl knows not to give in and have been warned not fall victim but the rapist is usually more powerful and a master of deceit. if devil could convert one-third of the gods in heaven how much more eve who was a toddler in spiritual matters. God is evil for blaming eve.

Well you've tried Sir, so many people also read the story and many interpretations keep coming up.

But if you don't come in contact with us to learn about the sacred secrets, you can never understand it, you and billions reading it will continue to misinterpret the book erroneously!

Adam was the creature God called "MAN" but Eve was just a complement.
The knowledge and wisdom was impacted on Adam NOT Eve, he named all other creatures! Genesis 2:19

God told us that the female is a vessel as well but a WEAK one {1Peter 3:7} emotionally women are weak, meaning when it comes to feelings they're vulnerable to deception. This is so because God never created the woman directly as he did with "MAN", she was taken from MAN so emotionally she's not fit like MAN! Genesis 2:19-21 compare to 1Timothy 2:14

So had it been that Adam stood on his feet to keep his integrity like Job did {Job 27:5} Satan would have been judged that very day and Eve will continue to be Adam's wife, the only thing needed is the vaccine to cure her of the oldage, sickness and death that we are experiencing now!

1 Like

Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by MuttleyLaff: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
kkins25:
Adams case is nothing but similar to Rape cases in the education system. Every girl knows not to give in and have been warned not fall victim but the rapist is usually more powerful and a master of deceit.

If devil could convert one-third of the gods in heaven how much more Eve who was a toddler in spiritual matters.

God is evil for blaming Eve.
I saw what you did with "If devil could convert one-third of the gods in heaven " mister igboman igbo-smoker, lol, you think you're being half-smart, lol, with that. Continue, lol.

Now, back to the matter on hand, lol. From what I read in the Bible, I dont see God blaming Eve. He didnt even blame anyone. It was the offenders blaming each other, passing the buck from one person to the other, thankfully none of them blamed God for putting the TKGE inside the garden and centrally where it wouldnt go unnoticed. The glaring fact, was that they found it just too difficult to own up, hands up their hands, to say they did wrong going against God's expressed command to not eat of the fruit from the TKGE, dare I say, not eat off the fruit from the TKGE before the hour has come (i.e. John 2:4)

Instead of playing the blame game, like done by the trio in the garden, that unfateful day, why cant we see the lessons to learn from in the narrative, erhn. For example, "toddler in spiritual matters" and if not well grounded in God's word, should flee from the Devil. Just flee. Go. Go directly, flee. Do not pass without fleeing, do not collect $200, lol because the Devil attacks a person's weaknesses and if you try stand up to the devil when you're not spiritually strong and well grounded in the word of God, then you might easily be overwhelmed and get hoodwinked by him, a similar way Eve was.

There is nothing evil in God apportioning their just desserts to each one of the well deserving it felons.

1 Like

Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by kkins25(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I saw what you did with "If devil could convert one-third of the gods in heaven " mister igboman igbo-smoker, lol, you think you're being half-smart, lol, with that. Continue, lol.
hahah. its the devils handwork. lol

Now, back to the matter on hand, lol. From what I read in the Bible, I dont see God blaming Eve. He didnt even blame anyone. It was the offenders blaming each other, passing the buck from one person to the other, thankfully none of them blamed God for putting the TKGE inside the garden and centrally where it wouldnt go unnoticed. The glaring fact, was that they found it just too difficult to own up, hands up their hands, to say they did wrong going against God's expressed command to not eat of the fruit from the TKGE, dare I say, not eat off the fruit from the TKGE before the hour has come (i.e. John 2:4)
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]

Instead of playing the blame game, like done by the trio in the garden, that unfateful day, why cant we see the lessons to learn from in the narrative, erhn.
God didn't play the blame game. like naija police he didnt do investigation; he just came with his truck and pack everybody he saw.
answer me this, if i tell my daughter just like i did herenot to follow uncle to his room and one day uncle calls her to his room saying "small girl, come let me send you" but ended up getting raped. Do i blame my daughter for being tricked? huh??

For example, "toddler in spiritual matters" and if not well grounded in God's word, should flee from the Devil. Just flee. Go. Go directly, flee. Do not pass without fleeing, do not collect $200, lol because the Devil attacks a person's weaknesses and if you try stand up to the devil when you're not spiritually strong and well grounded in the word of God, then you might easily be overwhelmed and get hoodwinked by him, a similar way Eve was.
indeed, and the gods in heaven didnt know this ko? yet they are swarming the earth like flies ever willing to spread filth.

There is nothing evil in God apportioning their just desserts to each one of the well deserving it felons
of course, like every other christian; God doesn't commit crime like killing innocent people. when He does, its for the greater good huh?
Re: Who Holds The Atheist Accountable? by undefeateds: 3:17pm On May 01, 2020
Atheists and nonsense are like 5&6, u see them claiming there is no God, the next time u see them saying "I will make it IN JESUS NAME,
if they are in middle of something,u see them saying O MY GOD, and yet they will say they don't believe in existence of GOD, bunch of lunatics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Church Lagos Today - NO Face Masks, Social Distancing! / Is God Aware Of Something That Will Happen Prior? / "the Spirit Of The Lord Will Come Upon You In Power, And You Will Be Changed Int

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.