Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown (92686 Views)

Man Jumps Into Lokoja River Over Economic Hardship — Police / Man Jumps Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water / Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by XshegzzyeeiX: 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
madridguy:
Instead of giving the hungry woman food, the useless people still ask her to sit on the floor while they're busy taking her photo.

Our useless and wicked leaders are saying sit at home, stay at home without providing any relief material. You people copied the whites order of sitting at home without providing for we the citizens what their leaders provided for them. Just yesterday here, someone updated us about 350 Euros stay at home bonus from the good government of Republic of Ireland.

You asked us to sit home with nothing to eat.

You people continue to fool yourself with audio donations you're making. What's the essence of the money when hunger is killing your people.

Bunch of dry heads. Mtchew
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by mechanics(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2020
Eyah, the governor should have taken clue from his colleague in Lagos State.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by zinny377(f): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
cry so much suffering and sorrow!
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by OmoManU: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2020
this are the real hungry people, poverty get levels o just as richness get levels too for this life, that why late Sikiru Ayinde Barrister sang and said Category by Category is this life
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by DarkJeddi(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

Some people are really passing through difficulties in life. There is hunger everywhere, but that doesn't justify the means that she did that out of hunger.

It could be she is depressed.

The FG together with the state governors are doing this lock down for the benefit of us.

Shut down -- hunger

No shut down--- more death as a result of COVID-19

The same people who say the governments are looking for a way to reduce population, if it's really true, then they wouldn't be a shut down.

I wonder how hunger would make one wanna commit suicide. shocked
You wonder how hunger can make one want to commit suicide?
I take it you have never been hungry.. shocked
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by sammyj: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
ok. Than you for the correction wink
Alzirida:

That's correct.
On a second thought,
Can one be rescued dead?

U don't have to say rescue alive?

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Happyguy201: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
this made me remember a nairalander who passed away HUNGERBAD .
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by DarkJeddi(m): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
These are the ones we hear about !

There are various Unimaginable, Wierd and Painful Experiences People are going through all over the World..

If Things are this way now, Then Imagine how it's gonna be After JESUS CHRIST Appears in the Skies all over the World and takes His Children away!

The Bible Chronicles that there shall be Great Tribulations Such as Never has been...

The Bible Chronicles that people would wish to die but Death will not come. Even if you jump into the sea, the sea would reject you.

The Bible Chronicles that you will not be able to buy or Sell Except you Take the Mark of the Beast(666)

Remember, Once you Accept the Mark, you are Doomed Forever and Ever!

Sisters/ Brothers, We have an Opportunity to Ensure we are not Here at that time.. Let's Make Use of that Opportunity!

Accept JESUS CHRIST TODAY!

Tomorrow May be late..

See our Signature to Take that Decision

For all of una Religious Fanatics,food done done.. shocked
Abeg,make we dey hear word.. angry
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Heineken(m): 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
qualityovenbake:
Hunger bad O.
bro hunger is seriously bad.. I remember my man hungerbad. He's resting in peace already.

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by afroxyz: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
madridguy:
Instead of giving the hungry woman food, the useless people still ask her to sit on the floor while they're busy taking her photo.

Our useless and wicked leaders are saying sit at home, stay at home without providing any relief material. You people copied the whites order of sitting at home without providing for we the citizens what their leaders provided for them. Just yesterday here, someone updated us about 350 Euros stay at home bonus from the good government of Republic of Ireland.

You people continue to fool yourself with audio donations you're making. What's the essence of the money when hunger is killing your people.

Nigerians would always complain. You guys said that the government was not proactive and insensitive in handling the virus. Blaming the government for leaving the borders ooen. Oya , govt don shut border, lockdown everywhere to contain the spread, the same people are blaming him for being insensitive to the plight of masses. Tufiakwa for Nigerians
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
BUT OSUN STATE LOCKDOWN BEGINS TODAY
AND SOMEONE IS ALREADY TRYING TO COMMIT SUICIDE DUE TO HUNGER

ELEYIGIDIGON
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Dollabiz: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sad
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
GboyegaD:
How do they know the cause of why she jumped into the water?

For those attacking me for the bolded, the story has been further modified with more details. If you did not read the initial post I read, please sheath your sword.

Shey she was rescued alive? She would have given the reason why she wanted to end her life.

Your post would have made sense if she was not rescued alive

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by pocbles: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2020
[quote author=Kylekent59 post=87992767] shocked

Some people are really passing through difficulties in life. There is hunger everywhere, but that doesn't justify the means that she did that out of hunger.

The FG together with the state governors are doing this lock down for the benefit of us.

Shut down -- hunger

The same people who say the governments are looking for a way to reduce population, if it's really true, then they wouldn't be a shut down.

I wonder how hunger would make one wanna commit suicide.
..... Oga u don ever stay 3days without eating? If no pls don't just conclude DAT one shouldn't commit suicide because of hunger.
shocked
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Crenzywilliams(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
She don receive help at last. Kovid-1 9 don help this woman laslas
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by DabuIIIT: 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Grow brains

Says someone celebrating his 40+ birthday on April 1st!!!!
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAA!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
The heartlessness of Nigeria's political/business elite is incredible.

I swear I would give anything to see the expressions on their faces when they die and find themselves worse off than these same poor people they spent their lives cheating & exploiting.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Lovelash: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
The poor woman is really looking malnourished. I pray help come her way where she is. Suicide is never an option.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Harrymax(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hmmmm :-
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by redsun(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
Poor woman!! Look at her, life is not with living in that cruel and hopeless jungle. That is what happens when there is no basic care system for the weak and vulnerable. When there is no government.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Philadelphia: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
From the billions and 100 of millions of naira donated by the so-called big men, organisations and banks in Nigeria, how did it happen that this lady didn't see 5k naira from such donation?

Audio money everywhere.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2020
Government needs to be helping it's citisen in this very hard time it's not easy for many people to be surviving without be working many people depend on daily money
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Excuzeme: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:
[/b]

@the bolded. Stop saying baldadash until you go a whole day without food or hope of where to even get something to eat.

Can't you see she already looks starved and malnourished? And to think she has children depending on her for provision and what the thought of that alone can do to her sanity?
If you can't relate to her situation, simply keep quiet than saying such cannot make her jump into the river.

Go and read the account of the Holocaust and see how at a point, they began to attack one another and biting their skin in the concentration death camp when the hunger became unbearable. Then you won't say what you're saying.

Hunger can make one lose his/her sanity.

Peace.

You mean the story of the Holo-Hoax?
We've heard enough of that already, enough of the emotional blackmail.

That aside, l know what hunger can do to people and l agree with you that no one should make a joke of these poor people.
I have helped not a few random people in the last four weeks who just walk up to me and even though l am very sceptical of Nigerians and there 'scams', l dont need to look twice at these people to give them something becaus ethe hunger was written all over them.
One could not even speak audibly because the strength have left him and my mind told me if he does have food within the next four hours, he will be gone, as in dead. I have to buy him oranges first, before allowing him to eat anything, someone who has not eaten for three days consecutively!
There is hunger in this our Nigeria and only those who are facing the threat, know how it feels.

But l still wonder, we have very arable land almost everywhere in Nigeria, cant our Governors and President, just decide that for this one year, it will be funding and development of agriculture, any open space, plant food in it and get something from the Govt in return?
How difficult is that?

Why should the western world where for at least eight months of the year, it is horribly cold and seeds dropped on the ground cant survive, yet they feed themselves, waste a lot of food and even throw some leftovers at us?
Why can they do it and our own Govt cannot just COPY THEM?....... assuming their brain is not even innovative at all
Is it also difficult to copy something as basic as that? Is something wrong with leaders of African countries, especially Nigerian leaders?
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by fideblast: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

Shut down -- hunger

u are a foolish fool

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Glink2018(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
Now Buhari is getting is worst than other countries..lockdown people that feed on a half dollar daily. Some people survive with hawking gala and soft drinks on the street.

Buhari, this could have been put in place before you lock down the whole country. There is no adequate sense in it
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by martinmiller: 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
All i do is laugh when I hear from this government to its citizens to stay and work from home with nothingness to eat or task on. You either give them power ( electricity) or social material to carry on, I fact the hunger in the land is far more paining than the covid 19 that is globally affecting the whole world.

And again, it's clear the this present government and its leadership are clueless at elevating poor Nigerian out of distress and hunger that is hunting many, look, like you have mentioned this government is a colossal failure. Where are the senators, the legislatures, ministers who since 1960 looted and cart away billion of dollars from the Nigerian treasury's. Yet relief materials are still being looted by some stakeholders here in ebute-meta, SMH .

quote author=madridguy post=87992666]Instead of giving the hungry woman food, the useless people still ask her to sit on the floor while they're busy taking her photo.

Bunch of dry heads. Mtchew [/quote] in
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by SammyJac(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
May the soul of HUNGERBAD continue to rest in peace.
qualityovenbake:
Hunger bad O.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Excuzeme: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
redsun:
Poor woman!! Look at her, life is not with living in that cruel and hopeless jungle. That is what happens when there is no basic care system for the weak and vulnerable. When there is no government.

Yet when they are sick, they hop into Presidential Jet and spend almost one year, under the best care that money can buy!
You see why most of these Nigerian leaders will rot in hell, when they die?

A Leader has to be patently Evil, to watch his people suffer and die in droves on a daily basis and still come out to tell them "We are trying our best".
Why are Nigerian Politicians so wicked?
Look at someone like Dino Melaye for example, all he does is brag about how many expensive Cars he parks inside his living room, how many houses he has all over the world, (without inventing anything or producing anything of value that money can buy), yet the people he purports to represent are dying of hunger on a daily basis!
Look at this woman, dying of hunger while her National Assembly Representative and their cohorts in NASS, are sharing brand New Toyota Camry Special Edition that cost about #50Million, at the same time? Why should God not smite these Politicians with Ebola and Covid Viruses combined?

God should just forgive all of us that voted for this Buhari, including myself, it was the fcukup of Jonathan that drove us to such extreme mistake but honestly, it is the greatest mistake l have made in recent times and l have met so many Nigerians people who feel the same way
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by cool318(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

Shut down -- hunger

I want to believe that you are still single for saying this or if you are married, just stay out of job for two months, then watch your children yawn and come to you crying that there's no food. You look up and down no hope, I mean no HOPE for food anywhere.
My dear, their cries will chase you out of the house.
I have met a man living in a batcher in my neighborhood by 11pm when I was coming back from a journey, silloloquising and walking incoherently.
I called him and after all his explanations, it was Food battle in the house, where was he going, he said no where.
If it happens that you are privileged, please, don't despite the downtrodden, cos you need to be in their shoes to know how it is pinching.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
Excuzeme:

You mean the story of the Holo-Hoax?
We've heard enough of that already, enough of the emotional blackmail.

That aside, l know what hunger can do to people and l agree with you that no one should make a joke of these poor people.
I have helped not a few random people in the last four weeks who just walk up to me and even though l am very sceptical of Nigerians and there 'scams', l dont need to look twice at these people to give them something becaus ethe hunger was written all over them.
One could not even speak audibly because the strength have left him and my mind told me if he does have food within the next four hours, he will be gone, as in dead. I have to buy him oranges first, before allowing him to eat anything, someone who has not eaten for three days consecutively!
There is hunger in this our Nigeria and only those who are facing the threat, know how it feels.

But l still wonder, we have very arable land almost everywhere in Nigeria, cant our Governors and President, just decide that for this one year, it will be funding and development of agriculture, any open space, plant food in it and get something from the Govt in return?
How difficult is that?

Why should the western world where for at least eight months of the year, it is horribly cold and seeds dropped on the ground cant survive, yet they feed themselves, waste a lot of food and even throw some leftovers at us?
Why can they do it and our own Govt cannot just COPY THEM?....... assuming their brain is not even innovative at all
Is it also difficult to copy something as basic as that? Is something wrong with leaders of African countries, especially Nigerian leaders?

My dear, all youve said is nothing but the truth. and its also among the many questions running through our minds and mouths that has not received concrete answers and therefore has become rhetorical till date.

Only God will help us in this country. Hmm...
The whole thing has made me speechless. I can only hope on God for succour.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Shedybliss(m): 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
very bad
madridguy:

Re: Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
madridguy:

They are really stupid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

That Abortion That Robbed Me Of My Children---[infertility] / Chinese Doctors In Nigeria On 14-Day Isolation / Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.