Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,749 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

Ignorance Is A Killer (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ignorance Is A Killer (2) (610 Views)

"Killer Tortoise" Found In A Bag Of Rice (Photo) / Anti-tithe Arguments are Motivated By Selfishness And Ignorance / Ignorance Is A Killer (3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ignorance Is A Killer (2) by PastorAde: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2010
[center]Ignorance Is a Killer (2)[/center]

How you have fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, the son of the morning! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the most High God. But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit (Isaiah 14: 12-15).

He (Jesus) replied, “I saw satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you power to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you (Luke 10: 18-19, emphasis mine).

And (Jesus) having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross (Colossians 2: 15, emphasis mine).

They overcame him (satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; (Revelation 12:11).

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All power in heaven and earth has been given to Me” (Matthew 28: 18).

Ignorance is simply defined as lacking knowledge. There are three types of knowledge you must have in order not to be destroyed. First, is the knowledge of God. Second, is the knowledge of satan. Third, is the knowledge of you (man or woman). In part two of this writing, we shall deal with the knowledge of satan.

One of the most dreaded being in this world is satan. In most cases, satan is even feared more than God who created him. This ought not to be so. The purpose of this writing is to expose who satan is, so that you will not be ignorant of him. Ignorance is a killer, but you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Satan’s original name was Lucifer. He was an archangel in heaven but he was cast down to the earth when he wanted to raise his throne above God’s throne, and be like the Most High God. For his pride, he was brought down to the grave, to the depth of the pit. Jesus saw satan fall like lightning from heaven. Unlike Jesus, satan never rose from his fall. When he fell, he went to the Garden of Eden as a serpent to deceive Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit which she gave Adam to eat in disobedience to God. This sin of disobedience led to the fall of Adam. All humanity inherited the fall Adam. But God had a solution to the fall of man. The solution God had was to send Jesus Christ to die for all men on the cross of Calvary. On the cross Jesus disarmed or spoilt powers and authorities i.e. satan and his angels triumphing over them. He redeemed the whole world by His blood. By the blood of Jesus and the word of God, satan has been overcome. This is true both then and now. Jesus Christ has been given all power in heaven and earth, and has given all that power to those who believe in Him. Believers have been given power to trample on snakes and scorpions. These are not just literal snakes and scorpions. They are also spiritual snakes and scorpions – satan and his demons. Power has been given to believers to trample on satan and his demons. Remember since satan fell from heaven, he never rose again. But those who believe in Jesus have been raised to sit with Jesus on His throne (see Ephesians 2:6). Now that Jesus has all power in heaven and earth, satan has zero or no power! Why, then, will you fear satan that is powerless and not fear God the Almighty and Jesus that has all power in heaven and earth? The reason for that is ignorance. But now you know the truth. Will you be saved and overcome in this world by the blood of the Lamb? If so, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Message From The Lord Jesus Recorded By Sabrina, April 26, 2011: / Radical Islam Documentary / It's Not Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.