Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Anthony Joshua Loses Close Friends To Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anthony Joshua Loses Close Friends To Coronavirus (660 Views)

Anthony Ayalogu: Customs Comptroller Slumps At Airport, Dies, CG Mourns / Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Loses Close Friends To Coronavirus by uptimum123(m): 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
British heavyweight boxing challenger Anthony Joshua is pictured during a press conference in Diriyah in the Saudi capital Riyadh, on Wednesday, ahead of the upcoming "Clash on the Dunes" on Saturday. Photo: AFP

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua revealed on Wednesday he has “lost close ones” due to the coronavirus.

Joshua’s title defence against IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev was scheduled for June.

But the Briton’s bout is set to be rescheduled due to the pandemic.

“Wherever you are in the world I’m just checking in personally for everyone to just say, I hope you were well I will keep it safe,” Joshua, 30, said on his YouTube channel.

“I’ve lost no one immediate to me. But I’ve lost close ones from my boxing gym, close friends and friends of friends. And it gets serious when it starts coming closer to home.”

Joshua, the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO champion, admitted he is missing his daily routine while he stays in lockdown.

“I would love to be out there right now doing the most on my dirt bikes, meeting up with my boys, sparring, going down to the boxing gym. Even a rebel like me is trying to follow some guidelines to do the right thing,” he said.

https://punchng.com/anthony-joshua-loses-close-friends-to-coronavirus/

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses Close Friends To Coronavirus by Sokosuji: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wait o. Them still dey fight?
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses Close Friends To Coronavirus by chiemmanuel(m): 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sports should take the back burner for now
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses Close Friends To Coronavirus by GboyegaD(m): 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
May the soul of the departed find rest with his creator.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses Close Friends To Coronavirus by pennywys(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
We already have enough here to worry about, OP kindly spare us with this

(1) (Reply)

COVID 19: Another Nigerian Health Worker In The USA Dies Of The Virus / How Can I Get Hydroxyurea In Nigeria / Covid-19: Super Face Mask With Double Padded Filters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.