Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State (395 Views)

MC Oluomo Rolls Out Relief Package For Lagos Bus Drivers, Passengers / Sanwo-Olu: Food Relief Package Not Meant For Every Lagos Resident / What Did You Receive As Stay-At-Home Relief Package In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State by F117nighthawk: 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
My take on this corona virus relief package by the federal and state government is TOTAL RUBBISH AND DISGRACE to the CITIZENS of this country,

How can u give each family, 5kg of rice, 4kg of garri,a sachet of pepper and tomatoes with 2 loafs of bread and tell them to eat for 2 weeks,

This is total NONSENSE

From my calculation
Let's take LAGOS STATE population to be 20million, and just 1 billion naira from the 10 billion grant given to it by FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is shared by its 20 million population, each family or persons in Lagos walk home with N50,000,
1,000,000,000,000÷20,000,000,=50,000, this serves a much better relief package and will sustain an average family in Lagos for the 2weeks lock down period

1 billion sacrifice isn't too much for the government of a state to sacrifice for its indigenes/residents as its well known that much bigger amount had been looted and filtered away by most public officials/politicians in the past and many of them still walk freely in our society

F117 nighthawk
1/4/2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State by CsRockefeller(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
Oga, do ur calculation again b4 d mathematicians come for u.
Re: The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State by Mynd44: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
CsRockefeller:
I thought I was seeing double ooo.
Re: The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State by F117nighthawk: 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
CsRockefeller:
OK tanx, most important is the point and message I am passing across, thanx for the correction all thesame
Re: The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State by fineboynl(m): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
by your calculation it's N50.

the government doesn't necessarily to give every lagosian. let say N10k to 200,000 Family going by that would be N2billion.

and that's should be if the lockdown will hurt the spread and put an end to the virus in Nigeria otherwise it will just be another wastage and jamburi

1 Like

Re: The 10 Billion Grant Relief Package To Lagos State by GboyegaD(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
F117nighthawk:
My take on this corona virus relief package by the federal and state government is TOTAL RUBBISH AND DISGRACE to the CITIZENS of this country,

How can u give each family, 5kg of rice, 4kg of garri,a sachet of pepper and tomatoes with 2 loafs of bread and tell them to eat for 2 weeks,

This is total NONSENSE

From my calculation
Let's take LAGOS STATE population to be 20million, and just 1 billion naira from the 10 billion grant given to it by FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is shared by its 20 million population, each family or persons in Lagos walk home with N50,000,
1,000,000,000,000÷20,000,000,=50,000, this serves a much better relief package and will sustain an average family in Lagos for the 2weeks lock down period

1 billion sacrifice isn't too much for the government of a state to sacrifice for its indigenes/residents as its well known that much bigger amount had been looted and filtered away by most public officials/politicians in the past and many of them still walk freely in our society

F117 nighthawk
1/4/2020

1bn has 9 zeros and not 12 as you put it. The message is gotten though.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Gov Emmanuel Announces 14 Days Total Lockdown In Akwa Ibom / Congressman Bimbo Daramola, Salutes Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila's Action. / COVID-19: 4 Nigerians Detained In Cotonou Over N900, 000 Quarantine Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.