Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

The Ancestral Arrow (part 25) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Ancestral Arrow (part 25) (274 Views)

The Ancestral Arrow (part 9) / The Ancestral Arrow (part 7) / The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ancestral Arrow (part 25) by Chikezie1245: 12:18am On Apr 02, 2020
‡‡‡

I watched the giant bats skyrocket to the moonlit sky, their squeaks a sort of strange orchestra. They were silhouettes of strange creatures, looking at them with the moon as the background.

My eyes returned to the cave. The moonlight had thrown faint illumination over it, casting shadows underneath. The entrance looked like the mouth of a grotesque, gigantic monster, the jutted edges serving as its saber teeth!

I ambled close to the cave, readying my weapons for action. Getting close to the entrance, I looked into the cave but the stark darkness that greeted my sight blurred my vision and made my hairs stand on end. I recoiled in trepidation. It was then that I realized my folly: I came with no torch to fight elusive beings in the dark! As if my torch could even do any magic. But, at least, to light my way. Darkness doesn’t fight darkness. If the two clash, the result will be the same: darkness. No change. The only thing that can stop or dispel darkness is light.

No! I can’t go in there without a torch!

I looked around me for a sign of anything that I could fashion a torch from. Goose pimples electrocuted my entire body as the silhouetted profiles of the mangrove trees and shrubs towered above me like monstrous ghosts! It was either I faced this challenge and die a hero or I returned home and be labelled a failure.

★★★

For more, visit: www.illufik.com

(1) (Reply)

Death: What A Formidable Force / Simple Request / Poetry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.