Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? (4857 Views)

Is Airtel Doing Freeing Browsing Today 26 / Airtel Nigeria Unveils New Number Range, 0901 / The Best Network For Subscription Is Airtel. See For Yourself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by HallaDaTruth: 12:30am On Apr 02, 2020
I left snail GLO for Airtel because of their extremely slow network. I wasn't expecting much from Airtel but i thought that they will be better than GLO. Now for the past 1 week, i have not been able to connect to the Internet at all. Can't the govt just shut down these useless telecom service providers or forcefully assign them to new or better handlers. Airtel has turned out to be the symbol of uselessness in the past weeks. This post was made possible by 9 mobile. Imagine me buying all the SIMs of all networks in Nigeria so that i won't be data stranded. Making me spend more on subscription monthly. The NCC is a beacon of incompetence, all these bald headed and pot bellied CEOs just sit down in their offices, spend time 4***kin their secretaries and doing nothing to improve services in Nigeria. Its so annoying. Airtel Nigeria Is dead and buried next to GLO in the same grave yard of uselessness. In some countries as we speak the service providers offer free or super cheap unlimited Internet during this coronavirus period but here in Nigeria the NCC are just so useless that even the spirit of uselessness finds them too useless to associate with them. Why can't they do their jobs and call this leprechaun network providers to order. angry

15 Likes

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 02, 2020
HallaDaTruth:
I left snail GLO for Airtel because of their extremely slow network. I wasn't expecting much from Airtel but i thought that they will be better than GLO. Now for the past 1 week, i have not been able to connect to the Internet at all. Can't the govt just shut down these useless telecom service providers or forcefully assign them to new or better handlers. Airtel has turned out to be the symbol of uselessness in the past weeks. This post was made possible by 9 mobile. Imagine me buying all the SIMs of all networks in Nigeria so that i won't be data stranded. Making me spend more on subscription monthly. The NCC is a beacon of incompetence, all these bald headed and pot bellied CEOs just sit down in their offices, spend time 4***kin their secretaries and doing nothing to improve services in Nigeria. Its so annoying. Airtel Nigeria Is dead and buried next to GLO in the same grave yard of uselessness. In some countries as we speak the service providers offer free or super cheap unlimited Internet during this coronavirus period but here in Nigeria the NCC are just so useless that even the spirit of uselessness finds them too useless to associate with them. Why can't they do their jobs and call this leprechaun network providers to order. angry
I was successful using 3g, it went off now I am stuck with 2g, I have things I do online which kine wahala be dis na.
Let's go to Twitter and lay complain.. I am tired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 02, 2020
lalasticlala, seun
someone move to front page
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by delan40(m): 12:50am On Apr 02, 2020
You should ask for help, not condemning a network service because the network in your area is poor or you are doing something wrongly. Go to your apn, and change it from internet.ng.zain.com to internet.ng.airtel.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 02, 2020
delan40:
You should ask for help, not condemning a network service because the network in your area is poor or you are doing something wrongly. Go to your apn, and change it from internet.ng.zain.com to internet.ng.airtel.com
how do I do this, kindly state the steps..

2 Likes

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 02, 2020
delan40:
I didn't just now both 2g and 3g network stopped connecting..
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 02, 2020
delan40:
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by moondancing(m): 3:47am On Apr 02, 2020
Not working still even with that APN...wat next
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by crackhouse(m): 5:05am On Apr 02, 2020
Airtel is messing up presently. U can only download from around 11pm otherwise u can't do anything with their network.

4 Likes

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Coldie(m): 5:17am On Apr 02, 2020
Since yesterday morning I couldn't download a file of 100mb... It was taking over 3hours after all that wait. The download failed.

I don't know why we deceive ourselves in Nigeria. I can bet there's nothing 4g abt Airtel 4g

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Mraphel: 5:29am On Apr 02, 2020
delan40:
Airtel is poor in places that are not capital. Glo is way better

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by OKEMKPI: 5:42am On Apr 02, 2020
moondancing:
Change to 4g and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by frankmoney(m): 6:07am On Apr 02, 2020
Very useless network , can't browse since yesterday . There 16 gig lasts just a week
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 02, 2020
angry angry angry

So I thought Airtel was slow then I decided to try MTN. You Know how the story ends cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 02, 2020
the mods should move front page na... lalasticlala
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 02, 2020
they should try and restore 3g

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 02, 2020
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

So I thought Airtel was slow then I decided to try MTN. You Know how the story ends cheesy
MTN is far better, when was the last time MTN network went down like this.
After this my Airtel Sim will only be for calls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by KayDami: 7:13am On Apr 02, 2020
Trust me fam, this period or any other period Airtel is way ahead of those other telcos...Been using the network and I've not had any cause to regret... Super fast 4G service... I really understand how you feel tho. You can just send them a tweet @Airtel_care or @AirtelNigeria with your mobile number and be rest assured they'll attend to you appropriately and resolve the issue.

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by FREELANCERSAMM: 7:24am On Apr 02, 2020
KayDami:
Trust me fam, this period or any other period Airtel is way ahead of those other telcos...Been using the network and I've not had any cause to regret... Super fast 4G service... I really understand how you feel tho. You can just send them a tweet @Airtel_care or @AirtelNigeria with your mobile number and be rest assured they'll attend to you appropriately and resolve the issue.

Airtel 4G is super fast
While it's 3G is super slow.
And I think it's 3G the op is using.

I'm also using 4G here to type this
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by frankmoney(m): 7:25am On Apr 02, 2020
FREELANCERSAMM:

Airtel 4G is super fast

my 4G ist working . I'm using 3g now
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:37am On Apr 02, 2020
Blazing with Airtel here..... wink
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 02, 2020
I have said it before, these telcos in Nigeria are so incompetent and indifferent. I wish Donald trump was our president not for political reasons but to deal with these irresponsible set of menaces.

Do you have any idea how much they make in an hour?

For Goodness sake how much will it take to end all this forever.

Other countries that did it, did they die?

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 02, 2020
KayDami:
Airtel has the most snubbish customer in nigeria..

Their customer care agents are so rude..

I understand that their network was fast but that is in the past. We live in the present not the past.

2 Likes

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 02, 2020
Equal2DeTask:

what's your location ?
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 02, 2020
Equal2DeTask:

what's your location ?
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 02, 2020
FREELANCERSAMM:

Airtel 4G is super fast

3g is frustrating us, Delta state especially.
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nathphil(m): 8:58am On Apr 02, 2020
It depends on the location
Mine is working
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Edopesin: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2020
FaithFul8:
MTN is far better, when was the last time MTN network went down like this.
After this my Airtel Sim will only be for calls
The time they claimed there was problem with intercontinental cables or something like that
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Edopesin: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2020
I thought I was the only one, they should carry their free SMS and improve this Edge disguising as 4G

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by braimeddy: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2020
Call customer care and stop making noise here
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by angelfallz(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2020
moondancing:
call their customer care line 111, then follow the voice prompt to get to a customer care agent.
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by sureteeboy(m): 9:27am On Apr 02, 2020
FREELANCERSAMM:

Airtel 4G is super fast

Airtel 4G is now far worse than their 3G in my location now, and the 3G isn't even impressive to start with. I'm using 3G network to type this

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Free Data On Airtel Line / Get Unlimited Airtime On Your Mtn Sim / Unbelievable Features Of The Tecno Wx3.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.