Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? (4998 Views)

Is Airtel Doing Freeing Browsing Today 26 / Airtel Nigeria Unveils New Number Range, 0901 / The Best Network For Subscription Is Airtel. See For Yourself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by slimanyd: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2020
delan40:
You should ask for help, not condemning a network service because the network in your area is poor or you are doing something wrongly. Go to your apn, and change it from internet.ng.zain.com to internet.ng.airtel.com

Bro. Here in ibadan. The network has been shitty for days now.
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by YourNextLevel(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2020
Since around 5pm yesterday till 7:30am this morning my airtel refused to connect. Is very sad and crazy

Ive 4G but i prefer 3G. My 4G sim sucks 1.5gb in 2hrs while 3G goes about 5-7days while is same work load

Airtel works better for me at home and villa thats why i use them and nothing else

SENATORS CANT HELP US BECAUSE FROM DECADES AGO THEY HAVE NOT HELPED WITH DSTV SO THEY CANNOT. SIMPLE !!!
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by ABCthings: 9:52am On Apr 02, 2020
Airtel ehn? I have data, I'm struggling to use it.
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Heineken(m): 10:24am On Apr 02, 2020
FREELANCERSAMM:

Airtel 4G is super fast
While it's 3G is super slow.
And I think it's 3G the op is using.

I'm also using 4G here to type this
bro airtel 4G used to be super fast.. It's fumbling seriously now o.
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Mobi47(m): 10:32am On Apr 02, 2020
delan40:
You should ask for help, not condemning a network service because the network in your area is poor or you are doing something wrongly. Go to your apn, and change it from internet.ng.zain.com to internet.ng.airtel.com
bros notn like that. I switched to airtel for like 2 weeks their internet speed is worst and can give u high bp. I just recently switched to etisalat. airtel and glo should just pack up and go. Their internet service is very poor, especially when u needed them the most.

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nova1988(m): 11:16am On Apr 02, 2020
My Airtel 4g sim is now showing 3g it is not more 4g and sometimes it will not connect to the internet It will only be working for Google apps only.
Pls is anyone else having the same problem

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2020
angelfallz:

call their customer care line 111, then follow the voice prompt to get to a customer care agent.
I called 111, but there's no option to talk to customer care, do you know how ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by mrMeen(m): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2020
the past few days has been hectic for airtel don't know what is wrong with them but I can boldly state that they are the best network we have download speed upward of 6 or 7 mb per second, I think they are having problems, call them and see
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by anslemarinze52(m): 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
Men!!!!!!! Seems my 9mobile is trying

Although both the 9mobile and MTN are doing bad but all na managing
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by damtan(m): 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
Thought I was alone. The network has really been epileptic. One time it's going smoothly and other times it'll suddenly start to frustrate you

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Gracemadeit(m): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
It is better you go back to Glo. At least glo is fast because that is what am using right now and I have a subscription on Airtel but I blame myself for that. Just to update an app of 6mb, airtel network is still loading without connecting. lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by angelfallz(m): 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
FaithFul8:

When you first call 111, they voice would be speaking about coronavirus. once it is done it would start giving you options press 1 for english press 2 for hausa etc.
press 1
at the next prompt press 1
at the next prompt press 9
you would now be connected to a customer care agent.
the service is free!
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Bimpe29: 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Many things are wrong in Nigeria.
HallaDaTruth:
I left snail GLO for Airtel because of their extremely slow network. I wasn't expecting much from Airtel but i thought that they will be better than GLO. Now for the past 1 week, i have not been able to connect to the Internet at all. Can't the govt just shut down these useless telecom service providers or forcefully assign them to new or better handlers. Airtel has turned out to be the symbol of uselessness in the past weeks. This post was made possible by 9 mobile. Imagine me buying all the SIMs of all networks in Nigeria so that i won't be data stranded. Making me spend more on subscription monthly. The NCC is a beacon of incompetence, all these bald headed and pot bellied CEOs just sit down in their offices, spend time 4***kin their secretaries and doing nothing to improve services in Nigeria. Its so annoying. Airtel Nigeria Is dead and buried next to GLO in the same grave yard of uselessness. In some countries as we speak the service providers offer free or super cheap unlimited Internet during this coronavirus period but here in Nigeria the NCC are just so useless that even the spirit of uselessness finds them too useless to associate with them. Why can't they do their jobs and call this leprechaun network providers to order. angry
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Gandollaar(f): 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
FaithFul8:
Thanks jareh
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Gandollaar(f): 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
angelfallz:

When you first call 111, they voice would be speaking about coronavirus. once it is done it would start giving you options press 1 for english press 2 for hausa etc.
press 1
at the next prompt press 1
at the next prompt press 9
you would now be connected to a customer care agent.
the service is free!
Nothing like press 9 any where bro
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by edoairways: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
HallaDaTruth speak of your location rather pain Airtel bad
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by angelfallz(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Gandollaar:
Nothing like press 9 any where bro
Figure it out then
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Enigmaticmi4(f): 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
Your area please
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Harbeeorlar(m): 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Perhaps you are not in their coverage area. My airtel 4G is blasting and am enjoying their 7GB for 1k.
Glo 4G is fairly good here as well
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Failure44: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Perhaps you are not in their coverage area. My airtel 4G is blasting and am enjoying their 7GB for 1k.
Glo 4G is fairly good here as well
7gb for 1k?
How?!
Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Trouble2018: 2:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Whatever you do, don't try spectranet.

This is the best spectranet has given me on 4G even at midnight. I'm sure throwing away the mifi after my current subscription expires

Re: Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? by Goalnaldo(m): 6:38am On Apr 03, 2020
I noticed there's is a dip in their services even when I have a full 4g network

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Launches 3-in-1 Recharge Option / Lenovo S90 Sisley (beast) With Pics / Price Of Itel S15 Screen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.