Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From (584 Views)

See My Narrow Escape Back Then Before I Got Married, You Will Learn From It / COVID-19: Akwa Ibom Records One Death, Three New Cases / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From by MainJoe: 12:57am On Apr 02, 2020
Today five cases were confirmed in one of the Covid-19 free States in Nigeria. People would have walked free with no caution thinking the State was free of the virus if not for the establishment of a testing centre in the State.

It is shocking if not the intervention of a Bank and NGO in the State, the State government would not have thought of setting up a test centre. This shows how poor the NCDC and the Federal Government is handling the Covid-19 outbreak in the country.

Setting up of Centre on the 30th of March, 2020.

Stanbic IBTC in partnership with Inoyo Toro Foundation support Akwa Ibom State in the fight against corona virus.

The global pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID- 19) is ravaging the entire world with increasing numbers of confirmed cases and fatalities.

In Nigeria, the capacity to test and diagnose COVID – 19 is still limited despite the critical need to test all contacts, especially those with high index of suspicion for effective containment and management.

The Akwa Ibom State Government has shown gratitude to StanbicIBTC Bank, a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Holding PLC who in partnership with Inoyo Toro Foundation, a Non- Governmental Organization focused on human capital development, has committed to extending support IN LABORATORY EQUIPMENT to the state for the ESTABLISHMENT OF A TESTING CENTER. This will ensure early testing of suspected cases and accurate diagnosis of COVID-19.

Other States should learn from this and swing into action to start rapid testing, isolating and treating infected ones in their States.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

Re: Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From by Monjie(m): 1:08am On Apr 02, 2020
Pls OP, move to front page. Other states need to adopt this approach immediately.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From by MainJoe: 1:17am On Apr 02, 2020
Monjie:
Pls OP, move to front page. Other states need to adopt this approach immediately.

It is up to the moderators of the site.

cc: Seun, lalasticlala, semid4lyfe, honeric01, dominique, Sissy3, Mynd44, OAM4J
Re: Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:29am On Apr 02, 2020
If we are to be realistic the number of coronavirus cases in Nigeria is far higher than the reported figure , how challenge is we are not doing enough testing

South Africa record it index case days after Nigeria presently have over a thousand and some will be quick to say south Africa is more cold than Nigeria and others reasons but I will also ask what of Ghana index Case match 12 with 195 at present and 5 death , Cameroon index case match 6 with 193 at present with 6 death e.t.c and you now tell me Nigeria with index Case of February 27 only have 174 ,pls who is decieving who.

And this hot weather thing was part of our undoing, Africa was busy singing hot weather and African gem is immune to coro coro when they should have use the time to prepare against the virus

Let just keep praying or hoping for those that don't pray that the cure will be discovered soon or the virus will just disappear to the thin air cos that our only hope because the truth is coro coro don already enter every coroable corner for Nigeria
Re: Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From by Bluehill1051: 3:56am On Apr 02, 2020
I pity Gombe, Jigawa, Kogi and co... cry
Re: Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From by tetula123(m): 5:06am On Apr 02, 2020
Helpfromabove1:
If we are to be realistic the number of coronavirus cases in Nigeria is far higher than the reported figure , how challenge is we are not doing enough testing

South Africa record it index case days after Nigeria presently have over a thousand and some will be quick to say south Africa is more cold than Nigeria and others reasons but I will also ask what of Ghana index Case match 12 with 195 at present and 5 death , Cameroon index case match 6 with 193 at present with 6 death e.t.c and you now tell me Nigeria with index Case of February 27 only have 174 ,pls who is decieving who.

And this hot weather thing was part of our undoing, Africa was busy singing hot weather and African gem is immune to coro coro when they should have use the time to prepare against the virus

Let just keep praying or hoping for those that don't pray that the cure will be discovered soon or the virus will just disappear to the thin air cos that our only hope because the truth is coro coro don already enter every coroable corner for Nigeria
the thing about Nigerians are we like looking for loopholes. I have heard of the weather talk and they forget Iran is hotter than Nigeria. Some say our immune is stronger, because we eat less of processed food, some say we have been experiencing malaria and it’s worst than covid.
I fear for us, as we don’t know how insidious this virus is. we still haven’t learnt from other countries mistake and it might be our doom.
Re: Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From by LivingSage: 5:14am On Apr 02, 2020
angryThis is one of the State with highest monthly allocation from federal. If Osun with the lowest allocation could put up measures right on time to combat the pandemic, then udom Emmanuel is a disgrace. To the remaining state yet to start, this is an eye opener as related by OP as well. Wake from slumber!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Succeeded In Handling This Stretch Mark After Childbirth / What Can I Call This Skin Disease / Mermaid (mamiwater) Born In Our Country !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.