Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,327 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? (2399 Views)

What Breed Of Cat Is This? / Help!!! New Cat Is Sick / Grumpy Cat Is Dead, The Richest Cat In The World With $100M Fortune Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 4:51am On Apr 02, 2020
My neighbours cat keeps bullying my cat what should I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDAxluryaQ

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 4:55am On Apr 02, 2020
My cat came home with a black eye two days ago when I checked the CCTV, I saw her being attacked by the neighbours cat. She’s been in for two days and hasn’t been eating properly. I think she is traumatised.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by GboyegaD(m): 5:20am On Apr 02, 2020
Take the car to the nearest Ghanaian around you for justice.
Abeg, na play I dey ooo.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 5:29am On Apr 02, 2020
How do I tell my neighbour without sounding crazy?
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 02, 2020
marylandcakes:
You have CCTV footage yes? Well show it to her. Problem solved
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 5:54am On Apr 02, 2020
GboyegaD:
Take the car to the nearest Ghanaian around you for justice.
Abeg, na play I dey ooo.

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 5:56am On Apr 02, 2020
Shibaraba:

You have CCTV footage yes? Well show it to her. Problem solved

You think so??
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by dominique(f): 5:59am On Apr 02, 2020
I never knew cats give upper cuts too grin
That cat must have been a boxer in it's past life
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 6:07am On Apr 02, 2020
dominique:
I never knew cats give upper cuts too grin
That cat must have been a boxer in it's past life

grin grin grin grin Self defence
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by etrange: 6:16am On Apr 02, 2020
Lol... but what do you want your neighbour to do? Talk to his cat? grin

I think one of the cats is new; they'll end up friends. But if the trauma is too much on your cat, you and your neighbour can introduce them to each other. I did that for my cat and my dog so I don't think it'll be a problem between two cats.... though dogs are more understanding. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 6:31am On Apr 02, 2020
etrange:

I think one of the cats is new; they'll end up friends. But if the trauma is too much on your cat, you and your neighbour can introduce them to each other. I did that for my cat and my dog so I don't think it'll be a problem between two cats.... though dogs are more understanding. Lol

That’s why I said ‘ without sounding crazy’.

The neighbours cat is new and I think it’s trying to take over my garden. My husband blames me for being too nice to the neighbours cat in the first place.
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
From the video,your neighbors cat wants to be friends with your cat,(from the wagging of tail)but your cat is being hostile...from the video,your cat is hostile(can tell from the tail),your cat started the fight first.They will get along with time
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Benz4pimp:
From the video,your neighbors cat wants to be friends with your cat,(from the wagging of tail)but your cat is being hostile...from the video,your cat is hostile(can tell from the tail),your cat started the fight first.They will get along with time

I think you better watch the video again. My cat was sitting on my greenhouse minding its business and this other male cat comes to start disturbing it. . So who is looking for trouble. It’s called unwanted attention. It’s not by force to make friends. It happens with humans. For a friendship to be established both parties must be willing.

smiley
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
marylandcakes:

I think you better watch the video again. My cat was sitting on my greenhouse minding its business and this other male cat comes to start disturbing it. . So who is looking for trouble. It’s called unwanted attention. It’s not by force to make friends. It happens with humans. For a friendship to be established both parties must be willing.

smiley
you are funny...a male cats sees a pretty female pussy and you don’t want he to be friends...You better tell your cat to cooperate,else the male will invite oloshos from outside
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
Benz4pimp:
you are funny...a male cats sees a pretty female pussy and you don’t want he to be friends...You better tell your cat to cooperate,else the male will invite oloshos from outside
haha that's literally the real pussy cheesy
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by chukskafor(m): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
just #50 otapiapia will solve your problems. oya thank me
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2020
Benz4pimp:

smiley smiley After my Cat had her first set of kittens I got her muted, because it was so heartbreaking for me to give her kittens away, . Although I made sure they went to good homes. Since then she has shown no interest in male cats, she’s about 10 years and she prefers human company to other cats.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 7:12am On Apr 03, 2020
chukskafor:
just #50 otapiapia will solve your problems.
oya thank me

Why come here to exhibit the wickedness of humans?

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Dyonne: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2020
marylandcakes:

Keep them away from each other.
Theres nothing to tell your neighbor. It's not like she can scold her cat.
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Dyonne:

Keep them away from each other.
Theres nothing to tell your neighbor. It's not like she can scold her cat.

The male cat must have sensed that I’m out to get him, I’ve not seen him in my garden for the last couple of days. Let it keep running if it knows what is good for it.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Dyonne: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
marylandcakes:

The male cat must have sensed that I’m out to get him, I’ve not seen him in my garden for the last couple of days. Let it keep running if it knows what is good for it.

Lol. Dont kill it abeg.

I had a similar experience and I wish I did something about it then.

My sister had a cat and the father of the cat was a street away. The father was the biggest cat in the neighborhood while ours was the second biggest.
Now papa cat had the liberty of strolling on the streets while ours was confined to the compound. The day papa cat saw ours (his own son) he came into our compound to challenge his son. A fight ensued, our cat lost. Papa cat was a street cat and bigger, ours was aje cat and a bit smaller.

When we would hear the racket, we would chase the father away. One night I was coming back from reading when I saw our cat running away in a frenzy, it was dark so I couldn't see what he was running from. Zoom! He passed under our fence at a speed that made me shocked and then split seconds later, the father passed under in hot pursuit.

That would be the last time I saw the cat. I try to imagine what happened. Did the cat get lost because he didn't know the streets, was it lost and then got killed by superstitious people?
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dyonne:

Lol. Dont kill it abeg.

My sister had a cat and the father of the cat was a street away. The father was the biggest cat in the neighborhood while ours was the second biggest.
Now papa cat had the liberty of strolling on the streets while ours was confined to the compound. The day papa cat saw ours (his own son) he came into our compound to challenge his son. A fight ensued, our cat lost. Papa cat was a street cat and bigger, ours was aje cat and a bit smaller.

When we would hear the racket, we would chase the father away. One night I was coming back from reading when I saw our cat running away in a frenzy, it was dark so I couldn't see what he was running from. Zoom! He passed under our fence at a speed that made me shocked and then split seconds later, the father passed under in hot pursuit.

That would be the last time I saw the cat. I try to imagine what happened. Did the cat get lost because he didn't know the streets, was it lost and then got killed by superstitious people?

If this is in Nigeria forget it. Some Nigerians will kill anything that moves all in the name of superstition.

Our cat in Nigeria is house bound , it does not come outside not even the varandah . We have loads of dogs so even when it takes a peep, the barking of the dogs will drive it back indoors.
Nigerians are not Cat friendly just because they don’t understand the behaviour of the cat. They attribute it to all the bad things that happen in their life.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by OKOATA(m): 1:06am On Apr 07, 2020
God knows I can’t rear cats, although I can carry them and play with them a little but that superstitious thing has engulfed my mind that I can’t take my mind off it.
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
OKOATA:
God knows I can’t rear cats, although I can carry them and play with them a little but that superstitious thing has engulfed my mind that I can’t take my mind off it.

You need to get that superstitious streak out of your mind. Cats are very lovely pets and also very smart.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
marylandcakes:
My neighbours cat keeps bullying my cat what should I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDAxluryaQ
This why I love cats cheesy Op tell me you aren't enjoying the footage

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
2RUTHHURTS:

This why I love cats cheesy Op tell me you aren't enjoying the footage

Boxing match grin grin grin ; maybe I should start selling tickets? cheesy grin grin
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Hathor5(f): 8:02am On Apr 12, 2020
Benz4pimp:

Dogs wag their tails when they are happy. Cats wag their tails when they are in attack mode or nervous. His cat is not hostile. His cat was scared. And the fights could become worse with time.
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Hathor5(f): 8:09am On Apr 12, 2020
marylandcakes:

You need to get that superstitious streak out of your mind. Cats are very lovely pets and also very smart.

In ancient Egypt cats were worshipped like divine creatures. When a cat died, the family would shave off their brows to mourn the cat. Europeans saw their usefulness in eradicating plagues that destroyed their crops and imported them from Egypt. Until today cats are used to kill mice and rats all over the world. In Japan cats are a symbol of luck.

I love my cats too. smiley kiss Beautiful creatures.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Hathor5(f): 8:10am On Apr 12, 2020
Dyonne:

Lol. Dont kill it abeg.

cry
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Hathor5(f): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2020
etrange:

It is worth the try.
Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by marylandcakes: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hathor5:

In ancient Egypt cats were worshipped like divine creatures. When a cat died, the family would shave off their brows to mourn the cat. Europeans saw their usefulness in eradicating plagues that destroyed their crops and imported them from Egypt. Until today cats are used to kill mice and rats all over the world. In Japan cats are a symbol of luck.

I love my cats too. smiley kiss Beautiful creatures.

Whao!! We learn new things everyday. Thanks for this bit of cat history knowledge. If you have a cat in your home you will never see a mouse because they can smell them from afar. You are right beautiful and cuddly pets with their own personality and not pushovers.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? by Hathor5(f): 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
marylandcakes:

Whao!! We learn new things everyday. Thanks for this bit of cat history knowledge. If you have a cat in your home you will never see a mouse because they can smell them from afar. You are right beautiful and cuddly pets with their own personality and not pushovers.

When you look at the Gods the Egyptians worshipped, you will find that one of them looks like a cat. cheesy cheesy But at some point they also sacrificed cats because they believed there was something divine about them which would please the Gods. undecided So they had cat mummies, which archaeologists dug out of pyramids.

The cats do not only smell the mice but hear them from afar. Their auditory senses are much better than ours. They can even hear small animals beneath the surface of the earth. My cats will also kill any insect disturbing my space. cheesy

You are right about their personalities and I also agree that they have a dignifying aura around them, no pushovers indeed. I thought I was a dog person until I got my two cuddly cuties. They amuse me every day and there is something about them that makes me relax quickly. It's funny how they will make me believe they accept my rules only to break them when I turn away. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I have changed my mind about selling my dog!!! / Is Dog Business Still Profitable In 2023? / Pls Help Me Rate This 2.5 Months Old Female Gsd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.